No Love for the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Cowherd with his first Herd Hierarchy this morning, accounting for all the off-season moves (coaching, FA and draft).

Rams at #8, SF at#6 and SEA at #4.

Psycho_X

Legend
Cowherd with his first Herd Hierarchy this morning, accounting for all the off-season moves (coaching, FA and draft).

The Rams are fine at #8, I'd rather have a bit of disrespect in the offseason for the team to build off of. But Seattle at #4 and San Fran at #6? Whatever.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
:alol:
What did Sheattle do that’s so great? I think his homerism is showing. Ditto for the Niners. They drafted an unproven rookie QB. How does that stack up against the Rams getting Stafford?

I guess losing JJ and Hill can be a detraction. They will be replaced by players that haven’t started a full season. But again where were the Niners and Seahawks upgrades that put them so high?

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
i can see the 49ers. Two year removed from the SB and they have a great roster. Last year they were killed by injury. Now Seattle at #4? That is crazy talk.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
What did Sheattle do that’s so great? I think his hometown is showing. Ditto for the Niners. They drafted an unproven rookie QB. How does that stack up against the Rams getting Stafford?

I guess losing JJ and Hill can be a retraction. They will be replaced by players that haven’t started a full season. But again where were the Niners and Seahawks upgrades that put them so high?
I think he pointed out some improvements but mostly they finished two games ahead so it makes sense. For the Niners he pointed out their big upgrades to the OLine and adding the RB. They get back Jimmy, Kittle and Bosa added to their free agency and draft that makes them better.

We all know there are valid concerns with the Rams. He points out the loss of Hill, JJ calling the plays is gone and our center with no visible replacement. He has his concerns and mapped them out. I’ll look on YouTube later to see if he posts the video.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What did Sheattle do that’s so great? I think his homerism is showing. Ditto for the Niners. They drafted an unproven rookie QB. How does that stack up against the Rams getting Stafford?

I guess losing JJ and Hill can be a detraction. They will be replaced by players that haven’t started a full season. But again where were the Niners and Seahawks upgrades that put them so high?
Yeah, his biggest issue appeared to be the personnel losses more than what they didn't add.

Video still isn't available, btw.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
broken heart drama GIF by Comedy.com

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
We go thru this every year. It's no surprise.
And every year the Rams' FA losses/traded/cut players etc amounts to negligible. I mean really, Rodger Saffold is IMO the only loss that has had any significant negative impact in the last several years.

I like Cowherd, but the media does what they do. I listen to alot of national and local sports talk radio, and SF is the media focus right now. Trey Lance has been getting more pub than the "sure fire once in a generation talent #1 overall pick," Trevor Lawrence.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I suppose losing Brandin Cooks could also qualify, but not to the extent of Saffold IMO.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
If you want to see where the respect really lies then look at what Vegas thinks. None of these talking heads have to put their money where their mouths are.

Last I checked, Vegas had the Rams as clear favourites for the division.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame

There's a simple explanation for why other teams may be rated as having better offseasons. Rams didn't have much to work with.

Basically, almost no salary cap space to sign free agents. We got one, DSJ, and lost about ten.

Only one draft pick that could maybe be called high but was actually in the lower third of the second round and outside the top 50.

This was not a lot of capital to play with.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
If you want to see where the respect really lies then look at what Vegas thinks. None of these talking heads have to put their money where their mouths are.

Last I checked, Vegas had the Rams as clear favourites for the division.
damn right walter white GIF by Breaking Bad

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott

He emphasized the addition of Gerald Everett as a big move.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
There's a simple explanation for why other teams may be rated as having better offseasons. Rams didn't have much to work with.

Basically, almost no salary cap space to sign free agents. We got one, DSJ, and lost about ten.

Only one draft pick that could maybe be called high but was actually in the lower third of the second round and outside the top 50.

This was not a lot of capital to play with.
Seattle had 3 draft picks and Cowherd cites the adding of Gerald Everett as a "big addition"

Plz

He also downgraded GB to tenth because of the Rogers tension. Said any team with such issues & offseason noise, has to be downgraded, yet he ignored Russ's issues with Seattle & Carroll.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Seattle had 3 draft picks and Cowherd cites the adding of Gerald Everett as a "big addition"

Plz

He also downgraded GB to tenth because of the Rogers tension. Said any team with such issues & offseason noise, has to be downgraded, yet he ignored Russ's issues with Seattle & Carroll.
I'm not defending anything Cowherd said or any aspect of Seattle's offseason.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We clearly showed we were better than Seattle last year.

Niners being that high is a hot take. They have the worst QB in the division, and Alex Mack isn't what he used to be. I'm not sure how much they improved the OL.

Saleh was a huge loss too. Their defense will probably still be good, and overall I think they're a playoff team - but we're much better than them.

Only team on our level IMO is Tampa