Niners CB Chris Culliver arrested for Felony Hit-And-Run and Weapons possession

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
You could well be right about that Les. I have a cousin who struck and killed two cyclists while driving under the influence of alcohol. He is currently serving a 24 - 30 year sentence.

I remember in the years following the tragedy the discussions on the Herd included what would happen to a regular guy who did that and someone with some legal background mentioned that each offense carries up to 15 years, this is going from memory. So I would imagine that even a first time offender is going to get 5 or more and be in jail for a few years anyway. Possibly more.

Little had fame and money, so he skated. Any other 20 something black guy who ran a red light while speeding and had twice the legal limit to drink and killed a white female that was married with a kid might still be in jail.

iced

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Any other 20 something black guy who ran a red light while speeding and had twice the legal limit to drink and killed a white female that was married with a kid might still be in jail.

I disagree - a lot of it is who you get as a lawyer, and what kind of cops you're dealing with (if they know protocol, procedure, miranda rights, etc.) . For example - I knew a guy who had crashed his car into a pole while driving drunk, and he fled the scene. He came back later and the cops were there - he told them that he didn't want to drive home drunk, so "I paid some mexican to drive my car and then he crashed took off, so i chased him" - cops were commending him "for being responsible" and the like...then they got the security footage from across the street and they placed him under arrest, laughing at his attempted story...then they find out his last name is Chapelle, so they all start joking around about Dave Chapelle and such right. When they got to the station, they asked him about the make and model of the car. They either wrote down the wrong one or he told him the wrong one, and the got one of the letters on the license plate wrong. They also wrote down his actual name as "Dave Chapelle." So to review, they got the name, license plate, and make and model of the car wrong. It didn't take the lawyer longer than 2 seconds to argue the competency of police department, and the charges were dropped

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I disagree - a lot of it is who you get as a lawyer, and what kind of cops you're dealing with (if they know protocol, procedure, miranda rights, etc.) . For example - I knew a guy who had crashed his car into a pole while driving drunk, and he fled the scene. He came back later and the cops were there - he told them that he didn't want to drive home drunk, so "I paid some mexican to drive my car and then he crashed took off, so i chased him" - cops were commending him "for being responsible" and the like...then they got the security footage from across the street and they placed him under arrest, laughing at his attempted story...then they find out his last name is Chapelle, so they all start joking around about Dave Chapelle and such right. When they got to the station, they asked him about the make and model of the car. They either wrote down the wrong one or he told him the wrong one, and the got one of the letters on the license plate wrong. They also wrote down his actual name as "Dave Chapelle." So to review, they got the name, license plate, and make and model of the car wrong. It didn't take the lawyer longer than 2 seconds to argue the competency of police department, and the charges were dropped

That kind of thing happens about one in a million times........and when there is a dead body the cops aren't usually laughing and neither is the jury. Little's fame and $$$ got him leniency the rest of us wouldn't have seen.

I'll put this out to the board, I'm not sure who is black, but if you are tell me how confident you would be walking into a courtroom knowing you blew through a red light way over the speed limit and hit a car and killed a white woman while you were at double the legal limit?

I'm not black, but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night, and I would be assuming I was going to jail for at least a few years if I was going in front of a jury under those circumstances.

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
what's is wrong with these guys (all the NFL), they are living the dream and boom it all could go away. Idiots!

iced

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That kind of thing happens about one in a million times........and when there is a dead body the cops aren't usually laughing and neither is the jury. Little's fame and $$$ got him leniency the rest of us wouldn't have seen.

I'll put this out to the board, I'm not sure who is black, but if you are tell me how confident you would be walking into a courtroom knowing you blew through a red light way over the speed limit and hit a car and killed a white woman while you were at double the legal limit?

I'm not black, but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night, and I would be assuming I was going to jail for at least a few years if I was going in front of a jury under those circumstances.

you have to consider the state though - Missouri is one of the 6 states known to have some of the most relaxed Alcohol laws. So what a conviction goes for in Missouri isn't the same in another state - like the gun Laws in New York.

But the Lawyer angle is the key too - and the more money you pay, the less punishment you serve.

Not to mention a DUI in '99 isn't the same thing as a DUI in '08.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
you have to consider the state though - Missouri is one of the 6 states known to have some of the most relaxed Alcohol laws. So what a conviction goes for in Missouri isn't the same in another state - like the gun Laws in New York.

But the Lawyer angle is the key too - and the more money you pay, the less punishment you serve.

Not to mention a DUI in '99 isn't the same thing as a DUI in '08.

I agree, if this happened now Goodell would have to issue a serious suspension in light of Hernandez and Vick.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Chris Culliver pleads not guilty to hit-and-run, brass knuckles charges
Posted by Josh Alper on April 14, 2014

x350-42-e1359587882494.jpg
AP

Shortly before 49ers linebacker Aldon Smith was arrested at LAX on Sunday, one of his defensive teammates enter a not guilty plea in a Santa Clara County courtroom.

The San Jose Mercury News reports that cornerback Chris Culliver pleaded not guilty to misdemeanor hit-and-run and felony possession of brass knuckles charges on Friday. His next court date is set for May 14, at which point a judge will decide if there’s enough evidence to warrant a trial.

Culliver was arrested on March 28 after allegedly hitting a cyclist and leaving the scene. Another car followed Culliver and tried to stop him, which led to Culliver allegedly hitting the other car with his vehicle and then brandishing brass knuckles toward the other driver. Police found the knuckles on Culliver when they arrested him a short time later.

Culliver missed the entire 2013 season because of a knee injury. He could face discipline from the league as a result of the arrest.