Niners CB Chris Culliver arrested for Felony Hit-And-Run and Weapons possession

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Man what do they put in the water down there?

I lived in San Jose, CA for over 30 years. Nothing wrong with the water, just see how I turned out. :) It does have a high crime rate though.

"a bicyclist was struck in the intersection of Tully Road and S. 7th Street by a white Mustang that fled the scene."

This is in an area called East San Jose which is the worst of the worse. I bought a house near there in which I lived for seven years before moving to Maryland. I was always armed when going out because of the drive-byes and the crazies that roamed the streets. I'm surprised this guy only had brass knuckles. Btw what is this, the 50's Chris, lol?

The above quote and the one below are from the San Jose Mercury News.

"He also had been rehabilitating his image.

In a story in this newspaper last week, Culliver had talked at length about how much he had changed since last year's Super Bowl when he became a distraction for the 49ers with homophobic remarks. When asked in a Media Day interview if the 49ers had any homosexual players, Culliver said: "No. Ain't got no gay people on the team. They gotta get up outta here if they do. Can't be with that sweet stuff."

Culliver apologized, then played poorly in the 34-31 loss to the Baltimore Ravens.

But since then, he has reached out to LGBT groups -- who had praised his character at length and lauded his efforts to become a voice of tolerance. He told this newspaper that he would have no problem playing with gay teammates.

Also this month, he received a "champion of compassion" award from a San Francisco animal welfare group because of his admirable life values, as one organizer put it. At a fundraising event on March 13 in San Francisco hosted by Critter Lovers at Work, Culliver was given a standing ovation for his work advocating against dog fighting and promoting animal health care in inner-city neighborhoods."

fearsomefour

Legend
I'm growing tired of the number of thugs in football. They get babied their entire lives because of their talent, and no one steps in and sets any solid boundaries. I thought coaching and parenting was about turning children into adults.
Based on nothing.
The arrest rate for NFL players is lower than the general population (basing that on 2012 FBI stats).
Being broke doesn't mean someone is honest and hard working, just as it does not mean they are dirtbags. Exact same thing can be said for people doing well.
Most pro athletes do not get arrested or do anything untoward.
A fair share do a lot stuff in the community....is this because it is good PR, required by the team or because they are trying to do good things? Who knows and beyond that individuals motivation it does not matter. Just because they possess a valued skill set and are well compensated for it does not mean they owe society anymore than any of the rest of us, they do not.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
He's. Toast.

He deserves several years in prison. Nobody is above the law and our court systems are blatantly pathetic if he doesnt do hard time.

With that said, I don't like this happening as a person.

With that said, LET THE WHINER IMPLOSION BEGIJN!!! It's off to a very solid start.

With all those picks, they'd be stupid not to trade way up to get a top CB. They gotta go secondary early and often.

I honestly think they have a solid chance of finishing dead last in our stacked division.

fearsomefour

Legend
He's. Toast.

He deserves several years in prison. Nobody is above the law and our court systems are blatantly pathetic if he doesnt do hard time.

With that said, I don't like this happening as a person.

With that said, LET THE WHINER IMPLOSION BEGIJN!!! It's off to a very solid start.

With all those picks, they'd be stupid not to trade way up to get a top CB. They gotta go secondary early and often.

I honestly think they have a solid chance of finishing dead last in our stacked division.
I would imagine Rogers will be resigned which is ok with me as I think he is very over rated.
Who knows where this thing will even stand when the season starts.
They certainly seem to have their share of misfits there.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Based on nothing.
The arrest rate for NFL players is lower than the general population (basing that on 2012 FBI stats).
Being broke doesn't mean someone is honest and hard working, just as it does not mean they are dirtbags. Exact same thing can be said for people doing well.
A fair share do a lot stuff in the community....is this because it is good PR, required by the team or because they are trying to do good things? Who knows and beyond that individuals motivation it does not matter. Just because they possess a valued skill set and are well compensated for it does not mean they owe society anymore than any of the rest of us, they do not.

These scuffs with the law certainly seem to be on the rise these days. I don't think Stranger was talking about all football players but recently there have been some pretty bad cases.

SierraRam

Recreational User
This guy was exposed in the Super Bowl by Flacco. He got targeted everytime they put him on the slot receiver. The whiners kept him because he's a 3rd rounder with potential.

After this stunt - cut him. They could replace him with one of their 50 late round picks. That would be a class move and send a message. So its definately not a move Hairball makes

fearsomefour

Legend
This guy was exposed in the Super Bowl by Flacco. He got targeted everytime they put him on the slot receiver. The whiners kept him because he's a 3rd rounder with potential.

After this stunt - cut him. They could replace him with one of their 50 late round picks. That would be a class move and send a message. So its definately not a move Hairball makes
Their secondary is the worst part of their D and appears to be getting worse. Don't know much about the FA they brought in.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Based on nothing.
Huh. Based on Nothing?

No, based on the actual arrests and crimes committed by football players. That's not nothing, it's actually tangible crimes backed up by arrests and convictions. The victims of these crimes get hurt. They aint nothing, and their pain aint nothing either.

As far as comparing NFL crime rates to the crime percentage of the general population, well that's an entirely different matter which I did not bring up, nor is it necessarily relevant to my point. Further, nor was I making a socioeconomic distinction between football players and the average wage earner. And finally, who said anything about crime rate relative to economic status, or the amount one owes to society?

There seems to be a lot of attempted rebuttal but I never made any of the points being rebutted.

fearsomefour

Legend
Huh. Based on Nothing?

No, based on the actual arrests and crimes committed by football players. That's not nothing, it's actually tangible crimes backed up by arrests and convictions. The victims of these crimes get hurt. They aint nothing, and their pain aint nothing either.

As far as comparing NFL crime rates to the crime percentage of the general population, well that's an entirely different matter which I did not bring up, nor is it necessarily relevant to my point. Further, nor was I making a socioeconomic distinction between football players and the average wage earner. And finally, who said anything about crime rate relative to economic status, or the amount one owes to society?

There seems to be a lot of attempted rebuttal but I never made any of the points being rebutted.
Maybe I misunderstood the point you were making.
Assuming someone has skated by without consequence their entire life because they are in the public eye and have been arrested seems strange to me.
A lot of assumption.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Their secondary is the worst part of their D and appears to be getting worse. Don't know much about the FA they brought in.
Yeah - they're definately getting thin there. Too bad! Culliver was penciled in to start after missing all last year with a torn ACL. They'll likely be drafting heavy in the secondary. They did sign a cb from the Vikings and Bethea from the Colts

SierraRam

Recreational User
I lived in San Jose, CA for over 30 years. Nothing wrong with the water, just see how I turned out. :) It does have a high crime rate though.

"a bicyclist was struck in the intersection of Tully Road and S. 7th Street by a white Mustang that fled the scene."

This is in an area called East San Jose which is the worst of the worse. I bought a house near there in which I lived for seven years before moving to Maryland. I was always armed when going out because of the drive-byes and the crazies that roamed the streets. I'm surprised this guy only had brass knuckles. Btw what is this, the 50's Chris, lol?

I grew up in South San Jose. We stayed away from the East Side: Story & King, Eastridge Mall, Alum Rock Park... It's still ugly and crowded there!

The San Jose neighborhood Aldon Smith went off-roading in at 4am is quite nice.

fearsomefour

Legend
Yeah - they're definately getting thin there. Too bad! Culliver was penciled in to start after missing all last year with a torn ACL. They'll likely be drafting heavy in the secondary. They did sign a cb from the Vikings and Bethea from the Colts
Bethea is the guy I was thinking of. Solid guy I think but not an upgrade over Whitner.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree. I could never be proud of Leonard Little. He did ZERO time for a young girl's life, then he got caught drinking and driving again. It's BS that football and money are more important than a persons life. I can only hope he has made amends in some manner to the family.

I don't see the correlation.