NFL.com mock draft has us taking a QB 1st round

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I like McCarthy, he’s 20, runs like a deer & is extremely smart. I believe he has a huge upside, however, sign an edge in free agency draft the best CB & try and keep Wentz.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I think we're too close to competing for a title to be drafting for the future with a first round pick.

Remember trey lance? Those 1rst round picks would have been more helpful during the 2021 NFCCG on the field instead of on the bench.

I do want the Rams to draft a QB, just not at #19.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I like McCarthy, he’s 20, runs like a deer & is extremely smart. I believe he has a huge upside, however, sign an edge in free agency draft the best CB & try and keep Wentz.
Not in the 1st, we're not desperate enough to take a shot at him in the 2nd but I'd run the card up for him in the 3rd.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Bambi on ice is NOT a positive.
Maybe I should have changed the spelling.
1706978696867.png

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Not in the 1st, we're not desperate enough to take a shot at him in the 2nd but I'd run the card up for him in the 3rd.
It will be interesting where he goes, IMHO, he will shine at the combine.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Looks like a deer too. Wouldn't mind him at an appropriate pick but some team will be sweet on him and yes our needs are extensive elsewhere.

If they are hell bent on QB then Hartman midrounds is my huckleberry.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He does have nice locks.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
He does have nice locks.
It's funny, when my son would come over and I had the Notre Dame game on, every time they would show Hartman, he would say, that is great hair. I like Hartman as a backup QB, I believe he can be very effective in the role at the next level.

WestCoastRam

Legend
It will be interesting where he goes, IMHO, he will shine at the combine.
Totally. That's the fun of the draft for sure.

Shame teams are much better run than even 10 years ago. No Raiders to take some ridiculous player in the 1st that no one even saw coming. Or even Bill B to take a guard who should have gone in the 3rd in the 1st (he really got insanely worse as a personnel man later on).

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
There are some QBs I'd consider at #19....not sure McCarthy would be one of them, but I'm waiting on the combine and pro days to really get a more accurate view on the QBs. This is a VERY deep QB draft IMO and assuming Stafford is our QB next year, we can draft a guy in the 2nd or 3rd round and have him sit and develop. If Bo Nix would fall to #19 I'd strongly consider it.

But I'd rather us get a top DB in the 1st, and wait to get a prospect like Joe Milton III in the 2nd or 3rd round. A guy with that type of talent sitting and learning could pay off huge for us down the road.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPESslckcTk

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
But I'd rather us get a top DB in the 1st, and wait to get a prospect like Joe Milton III in the 2nd or 3rd round. A guy with that type of talent sitting and learning could pay off huge for us down the road.

I like Joe Milton, but something is missing IMHO. He can run and might have the most powerful arm in this draft class, but at times he looks extraordinary and then poof, he is your run of the mill ordinary Joe.

WestCoastRam

Legend
There are some QBs I'd consider at #19....not sure McCarthy would be one of them, but I'm waiting on the combine and pro days to really get a more accurate view on the QBs. This is a VERY deep QB draft IMO and assuming Stafford is our QB next year, we can draft a guy in the 2nd or 3rd round and have him sit and develop. If Bo Nix would fall to #19 I'd strongly consider it.

He seems like a low rent Anthony Richardson. And that's a compliment. He could be a guy to take in the 2nd or 3rd and would really benefit from sitting for a year at least. Also, that Tennessee offense is GIMMICKY so he's gonna need time no matter what to learn to read defenses running an NFL offense.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
While the Rams still have holes to fill they’re not going to be drafting someone who may or may not play for them in the future.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Like I posted in another thread, if McVay takes a QB high in this draft, it probably means that he is planning to stay long term. If not, he may be planning to retire when AD, Kupp, and Stafford does.
It will be interesting to see what he does!

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
He seems like a low rent Anthony Richardson. And that's a compliment. He could be a guy to take in the 2nd or 3rd and would really benefit from sitting for a year at least. Also, that Tennessee offense is GIMMICKY so he's gonna need time no matter what to learn to read defenses running an NFL offense.

The Anthony Richardson comp is actually one of the reasons I'm so high on Milton. Richardson's college stats weren't great at all. It was his combine and pro day work that got people really high on him. I was glad about that because so often you see QBs that might have better stats getting drafted high....ie. christian ponder, mitchell tribisky.... but really didn't show the type of work that Richardson showed in the combine and in his work outs. Richardson's rise in the draft was because of hard work, personal interaction and intangibles.

Now you have Milton III and his college stats are waaaaaaay better than Anthony Richardson.... in fact they're much better than some of the guys who are projected to go ahead of him.... IF Milton shows out in the combine and his pro days, he's going to rise... maybe the strongest arm in the draft... 6'5 240 plus.... can run... If he does rise in the draft the large quantity of QBs in the draft would likely still have him available in the 2nd round....which is good value for us.

With the tools Milton has, learning behind Stafford, and under McVay could set him up nicely for the future.