NFL.com mock draft has us taking a QB 1st round

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
QB JJ McCarthy

I don't know much about him, but they theorized he would sit and learn a couple of years behind Stafford.

Is this dumb, ok, great??

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
No thanks. Absolutely no thanks.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Really I would not hate it. He has intangibles and he's young.

Psycho_X

Legend
I don't hate the idea of taking a QB high for a 1-2 year learning under Stafford. I'm not sure about McCarthy though... he seems kind Zach Wilson like to me. Idk why, just who I think of when I watch him. But he has had good coaching and if they know he wouldn't rock the boat being a backup I'm not going to scream about it.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Big PASS for me.
A) not a first round IMO (hasn't put enough passing on tape for me).
B) We are trying to win a SB this season, he helps 0% in that direction.
C) I cannot imagine that McVay is going to rely on a rookie QB to step in and win it all if something happens to Stafford.

If deadset on drafting a QB, gamble on Penix or Nix in the 2nd or a guy like Pratt later (I'm not high on later QB prospects this year really).

Especially considering we might have the pick of the litter at CB as their may not be one gone by our pick. Unless we sign a bigger FA CB, we should put a lot of study into these guys and grab the best one (provided one of the top edges doesn't fall either).

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
I think we're too close to competing for a title to be drafting for the future with a first round pick.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My preference would be to go "all in" for another Super Bowl, especially noting that as part of the "bill" that came "due", we had one of the best drafts in recent draft history (i.e. going all in was and is bullshit).

However....it's REALLY challenging to win a Super Bowl. We likely needed the Niners to beat the Packers for us and I'm sure some other luck to get it done a few years ago.

Even going all in, odds are slim - drafting a QB that McVay likes probably means he won't be going anywhere and I wouldn't be mad at that

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
No. Hard pass on McCarthy.

But if Jaden Daniels is there when it’s the Rams turn then definitely they should run to the podium and announce the pick.

Other than that, it’s BPA all the way.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I'm looking at Edge or CB in the 1st, but a lot will depend on what happens in free agency. I personally would like to see Burns as a free agent signee and draft CB in the 1st. Then the Ol will be addressed in the 2nd and backup QB with one of the 3rd round picks.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
QB JJ McCarthy

I don't know much about him, but they theorized he would sit and learn a couple of years behind Stafford.

Is this dumb, ok, great??
dumb, imo

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
In that particular Mock, by renowned Draft Expert Eric Edholm, the top-DBs (Quinyon Mitchell, Nate Wiggins and Cooper DeJean) are all available at #19 but the Rams pass on all of them ... along with some quality OL, WR and DL.

Same site has a Bucky Brooks' Mock, with the Rams selecting Bo Nix at #19. Brooks has Mitchell going 32nd to the Champion 49ers ... UGH! Personally, I would love for Mitchell to be there at #19.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
In that particular Mock, by renowned Draft Expert Eric Edholm, the top-DBs (Quinyon Mitchell, Nate Wiggins and Cooper DeJean) are all available at #19 but the Rams pass on all of them ... along with some quality OL, WR and DL.

Same site has a Bucky Brooks' Mock, with the Rams selecting Bo Nix at #19. Brooks has Mitchell going 32nd to the Champion 49ers ... UGH! Personally, I would love for Mitchell to be there at #19.
I think I hate Bucky Brooks' mock draft even more. I don't want Bo Nix anywhere near this team.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Someone please tell these so-called draft experts that the Rams are not taking a QB at 19.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Personally I want a top tier Olineman over anything else.