NFL Arrests and Lawsuits - 2018

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wow he is just totally out of control.

But wait there's more...
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...ved-with-the-nsa-being-tracked-by-government/

Richie Incognito told police he’s involved with the NSA, being tracked by government
Posted by Michael David Smith on May 24, 2018

gettyimages-528941762-e1527191753210.jpg

Getty Images

Disturbing new details have emerged about free agent Richie Incognito, who was placed in a psychiatric treatment facility after he threw things at patrons and employees of a gym on Wednesday.

Police in Boca Raton, Florida, say they responded to a 911 call at the gym to find Incognito claiming he was involved with National Security Agency, and saying that the government is tracking him.

Officers said Incognito told them he couldn’t give them details because they didn’t have the proper security clearance.

Incognito sought treatment for mental health issues four years ago. This offseason he has appeared to be erratic, retiring and un-retiring, agreeing to a contract with the Bills and then firing his agent and saying he wanted out of the contract. The Bills released him this week, so he is free to sign with any team, but it is unclear whether he will play again.

Incognito is best known for his involvement in the bullying scandal on the Dolphins, when former teammate Jonathan Martin accused Incognito of verbally harassing him to the point that Martin felt suicidal. Martin was also checked in to a mental health facility this offseason after he made an allusion to a school shooting on social media.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm sure being in the public eye, like Richie, has it's unique challenges....being in a gym, then having some fool heckle you....it's possible to lose it....not saying it's right, but if you just walk up to guys in normal life talking crap, be prepared if they pop....good for Richie...bad on the fan...

Don't you guys get sick and tired of guys popping off to celebs?...and expect them to walk some imaginary line of morality....some days, guys don't wanna hear it.
It has nothing to do with being a celeb or an athlete. It has to do with being an adult. Richie is turning out to look like a certifiable fruit cake. And this incident just just shining a huge spotlight on that.

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
Even more!
Shroom Tech!?!?

Richie Incognito told police he was 'running' secret government documents
A.J. Perez, USA TODAY SportsPublished 2:39 p.m. ET May 24, 2018 | Updated 5:42 p.m. ET May 24, 2018
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ed-paranoid-state-police-responded/641380002/

Richie Incognito told police at a South Florida gym that he was "running" secret government documents through his smart phone after an alleged altercation in which he threw weights and tennis balls at a gym patron Wednesday morning, according to a police report obtained by USA TODAY Sports.

Boca Raton police officers interviewed the former Buffalo Bills and Miami Dolphins offensive lineman after making contact with him in the pool area of a LifeTime Fitness. An agitated Incognito told officers that he had taken the supplement Shroom Tech as he explained what led to the incident.

“There's a guy walking around with head phones on," Incognito said. "I'm running NSA class level 3 documents through my phone. I can't have anybody (with) bluetooth capability ... taking pictures of me."

EDITOR'S NOTE: 911 CALL CONTAINS NSFW LANGUAGE

View: https://soundcloud.com/a-j-perez-3/richie-incognito-911-call

Incognito was detained after it was determined that he was in "an altered, paranoid state" and was put in a psychiatric hold under a provision of Florida's Baker Act

The person who was the target of Incognito's alleged transgressions told a 911 dispatcher he was working out at an outside portion of the gym, according to audio released by the Boca Raton police. The caller said the two were the only members in that particular area, where Incognito was using a weight sled.

"I'm at LifeTime Fitness and I'm down in the workout area and a gentleman just chucked a tennis ball at me for no reason. Then he tried to mow me over with his sled and just started yelling at me that he was going to kick my ass."

A person the caller identified as Incognito could be heard yelling at the caller.

"You suck," a person in the backround said. "Call your mother."

The caller said he "had no idea" why Incognito was upset.

"I just wanted to work out," the caller said. "I have no idea. He has some issues going on."

Onnit, the Texas-based supplement company that sells Shroom Tech - which is supposed to help with energy and endurance - , said on Twitter that its product is "tested & certified as competition safe."

"We don't know Richie, but we hope he feels better soon," Onnit added.

View: https://twitter.com/Onnit/status/999760188969226240

Incognito, 34, was released earlier this week by the Bills, a month after he said he had made up his mind to retire after 11 NFL seasons. Incognito apparently changed his mind and is seeking to sign with another team as a free agent.

Incognito was suspended by the Miami Dolphins in 2013 for harassing teammate Jonathan Martin.

In March, Martin was charged by Los Angeles prosecutors for making criminal threats against Incognito and others in an Instagram post.

Follow Perez on Twitter @byajperez

Psycho_X

Legend
Wow, meds need some serious adjustments. His path doesn't seem like it'll end well if he keeps having these "episodes" every so often.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Even more!
Shroom Tech!?!?

Richie Incognito told police he was 'running' secret government documents
A.J. Perez, USA TODAY SportsPublished 2:39 p.m. ET May 24, 2018 | Updated 5:42 p.m. ET May 24, 2018
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ed-paranoid-state-police-responded/641380002/

Richie Incognito told police at a South Florida gym that he was "running" secret government documents through his smart phone after an alleged altercation in which he threw weights and tennis balls at a gym patron Wednesday morning, according to a police report obtained by USA TODAY Sports.

Boca Raton police officers interviewed the former Buffalo Bills and Miami Dolphins offensive lineman after making contact with him in the pool area of a LifeTime Fitness. An agitated Incognito told officers that he had taken the supplement Shroom Tech as he explained what led to the incident.

“There's a guy walking around with head phones on," Incognito said. "I'm running NSA class level 3 documents through my phone. I can't have anybody (with) bluetooth capability ... taking pictures of me."

EDITOR'S NOTE: 911 CALL CONTAINS NSFW LANGUAGE

View: https://soundcloud.com/a-j-perez-3/richie-incognito-911-call

Incognito was detained after it was determined that he was in "an altered, paranoid state" and was put in a psychiatric hold under a provision of Florida's Baker Act

The person who was the target of Incognito's alleged transgressions told a 911 dispatcher he was working out at an outside portion of the gym, according to audio released by the Boca Raton police. The caller said the two were the only members in that particular area, where Incognito was using a weight sled.

"I'm at LifeTime Fitness and I'm down in the workout area and a gentleman just chucked a tennis ball at me for no reason. Then he tried to mow me over with his sled and just started yelling at me that he was going to kick my ass."

A person the caller identified as Incognito could be heard yelling at the caller.

"You suck," a person in the backround said. "Call your mother."

The caller said he "had no idea" why Incognito was upset.

"I just wanted to work out," the caller said. "I have no idea. He has some issues going on."

Onnit, the Texas-based supplement company that sells Shroom Tech - which is supposed to help with energy and endurance - , said on Twitter that its product is "tested & certified as competition safe."

"We don't know Richie, but we hope he feels better soon," Onnit added.

View: https://twitter.com/Onnit/status/999760188969226240

Incognito, 34, was released earlier this week by the Bills, a month after he said he had made up his mind to retire after 11 NFL seasons. Incognito apparently changed his mind and is seeking to sign with another team as a free agent.

Incognito was suspended by the Miami Dolphins in 2013 for harassing teammate Jonathan Martin.

In March, Martin was charged by Los Angeles prosecutors for making criminal threats against Incognito and others in an Instagram post.

Follow Perez on Twitter @byajperez

Reading this, made me wonder how Tre Mason is doing. I haven't heard anything about the guy in some time.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Reading this, made me wonder how Tre Mason is doing. I haven't heard anything about the guy in some time.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFsvhnWOfVQ

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2018/03/former_auburn_star_tre_mason_f.html

Former Auburn star Tre Mason feels ready to return to NFL
Posted Mar 6, 2018
By Matt Zenitz

After some well-documented issues in recent years, a former Auburn star feels ready to make an NFL comeback.

People close to Tre Mason have recently been in contact with NFL teams, telling them that the former SEC Offensive Player of the Year is ready to return to football following a two-year hiatus, according to sources. The pitch has been that Mason is in a much better place mentally than he was when he had multiple run-ins with police in 2016.

Getting an opportunity could be difficult for Mason though, per sources, as NFL organizations are reluctant to give him a chance after what happened in 2016.

Mason has been training in his hometown of Lake Worth, Fla., which is where he's been living much of the last two years. He hasn't played in an NFL game since the 2015 season, his second year with the then-St. Louis Rams.

The 2014 third-round draft pick had a promising rookie season, rushing for 765 yards and averaging 4.3 yards per carry while scoring five total touchdowns. However, Mason was relegated to backup duty in 2015 behind 2015 first-round pick Todd Gurley and only ran for 207 yards on 75 carries.

Then came the off-field issues. Mason was arrested in March 2016 and faced five charges, including resisting arrest and reckless driving. Mason pleaded no contest and paid $293 while the reckless driving charge was abandoned.

Police were then reportedly at the Florida home of Mason's mother five times during a four-month period. During one of those police visits, Mason's mom reportedly told officers, "He's a 22-year old in a 10-year old's mindset right now. ... Tre's not himself at all."

Mason was then arrested in January 2017 and charged with "fleeing and eluding without regard for others' safety or property," which stemmed from a July 2016 incident when Mason allegedly fled officers on an ATV after he was seen doing wheelies in a Florida park. He spent two days in jail and was sentenced to one year of probation, according to court records.

In addition, Mason was a no-show when the Rams opened training camp in July 2016 and never returned to the team. At the time, Rams head coach Jeff Fisher said the organization had tried to talk to Mason multiple times but was unable to reach him. The Rams eventually released Mason last March and he's been mostly out of the news since.

But Mason, who owns Auburn's single-season rushing record, very much wants to get back to football now that he feels like he's in a better place mentally, according to a source close to him.

While teams have thus far been reluctant to give Mason an opportunity, two of the selling points for Mason are that he's still only 24 years old and showed as a rookie that he's capable of being a productive player in the NFL.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFsvhnWOfVQ

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2018/03/former_auburn_star_tre_mason_f.html

Former Auburn star Tre Mason feels ready to return to NFL
Posted Mar 6, 2018
By Matt Zenitz

After some well-documented issues in recent years, a former Auburn star feels ready to make an NFL comeback.

People close to Tre Mason have recently been in contact with NFL teams, telling them that the former SEC Offensive Player of the Year is ready to return to football following a two-year hiatus, according to sources. The pitch has been that Mason is in a much better place mentally than he was when he had multiple run-ins with police in 2016.

Getting an opportunity could be difficult for Mason though, per sources, as NFL organizations are reluctant to give him a chance after what happened in 2016.

Mason has been training in his hometown of Lake Worth, Fla., which is where he's been living much of the last two years. He hasn't played in an NFL game since the 2015 season, his second year with the then-St. Louis Rams.

The 2014 third-round draft pick had a promising rookie season, rushing for 765 yards and averaging 4.3 yards per carry while scoring five total touchdowns. However, Mason was relegated to backup duty in 2015 behind 2015 first-round pick Todd Gurley and only ran for 207 yards on 75 carries.

Then came the off-field issues. Mason was arrested in March 2016 and faced five charges, including resisting arrest and reckless driving. Mason pleaded no contest and paid $293 while the reckless driving charge was abandoned.

Police were then reportedly at the Florida home of Mason's mother five times during a four-month period. During one of those police visits, Mason's mom reportedly told officers, "He's a 22-year old in a 10-year old's mindset right now. ... Tre's not himself at all."

Mason was then arrested in January 2017 and charged with "fleeing and eluding without regard for others' safety or property," which stemmed from a July 2016 incident when Mason allegedly fled officers on an ATV after he was seen doing wheelies in a Florida park. He spent two days in jail and was sentenced to one year of probation, according to court records.

In addition, Mason was a no-show when the Rams opened training camp in July 2016 and never returned to the team. At the time, Rams head coach Jeff Fisher said the organization had tried to talk to Mason multiple times but was unable to reach him. The Rams eventually released Mason last March and he's been mostly out of the news since.

But Mason, who owns Auburn's single-season rushing record, very much wants to get back to football now that he feels like he's in a better place mentally, according to a source close to him.

While teams have thus far been reluctant to give Mason an opportunity, two of the selling points for Mason are that he's still only 24 years old and showed as a rookie that he's capable of being a productive player in the NFL.

Thanks Prime.
I hope he does have his issues under control. I felt bad for his Mother

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There are too many decent - good RB's that come out every year. Mason had his chance....

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
It has nothing to do with being a celeb or an athlete. It has to do with being an adult. Richie is turning out to look like a certifiable fruit cake. And this incident just just shining a huge spotlight on that.
Fruit cake is correct...or is it....

Either he's seriously in need of meds and medical attention....I still say, poking the "bear" isn't wise...or
Dude is a genius, and will get off with a slap on the wrist...

What if he's faking????
He has literally lost his mind.
That's what they say....mental illness....seems to be the go to cover story Les....do you believe him?
There are too many decent - good RB's that come out every year. Mason had his chance....
You cold...yes...he did...but damn...I bet he's still under 26 years old.
You gotta love the creativity....
Don't know if he's really.....lost...mental....but

I think he's faking...that story is just too wild...reminds me of a movie I loved with Russell Crow...A Beautiful Mind...true story about some mathematical genius...
Mental illness is no laughing matter but this part did make me chuckle.
PT....all this is funny....you gotta laugh to keep from crying...Richie's rich...pretty healthy..lol....and the best part...no one was injured.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Either he's seriously in need of meds and medical attention

That's what they say....mental illness....seems to be the go to cover story Les....do you believe him?

I think he needs medical attention and IMO he has been abusing PED's long enough that they have changed him. He needs help, I've said that for a few years now. He's an asshole, but I hope he gets help before something bad happens.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I think he needs medical attention and IMO he has been abusing PED's long enough that they have changed him. He needs help, I've said that for a few years now. He's an icehole, but I hope he gets help before something bad happens.
Boy, you sharp....never thought of roid rage....get out of league....juice up in the offseason...come back for one last contract....you a cop or detective Les?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/25/reuben-foster-has-marijuana-charge-dropped/

Reuben Foster has marijuana charge dropped
Posted by Michael David Smith on May 25, 2018

gettyimages-841072920-e1525112899958.jpg

Getty Images

San Francisco 49ers linebacker Reuben Foster has put another legal issue behind him.

The district attorney’s office in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, has dropped a misdemeanor marijuana charge against Foster after he completed a diversion course, according to Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee.

Foster could still be subject to league discipline under the substance-abuse policy, despite having the charge dropped.

The dismissal in Alabama comes after a more serious felony domestic violence charge against Foster in California was also dropped this week. In that case, Foster’s ex-girlfriend testified under oath that she was lying to police when she accused Foster of punching her. As a result of that testimony, a judge dismissed the charge.

The 49ers have welcomed Foster back to Organized Team Activities after previously saying he would not be on the team while facing domestic violence charges.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But we know from past experience the nfl won’t drop it.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Boy, you sharp....never thought of roid rage....get out of league....juice up in the offseason...come back for one last contract....you a cop or detective Les?

Nope, it's just not a new thing I guess.