PREGAME NFC Conference Championship: 49’ers at Eagles

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This thread is for general discussion about the NFC Conference Championship.

Sunday January 29, 2023 - (2) 49’ers at (1) Eagles: 3pm ET

madrid311

RomandeacondickersonolsenwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Madrid311
as much as I hate to say it, looks like the 9ers are going take it all. " Hate the niners" go eagles......go rams. that is all.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
as much as I hate to say it, looks like the 9ers are going take it all. " Hate the niners" go eagles......go rams. that is all.
I think an NFC team will win. Mahomes is hurt and the Bengals have OL issues. I just hope it's the Eagles. I think it will be a similar game as the Cowboys/Niners but I think the Eagles have a lil more fire power offensively.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
as much as I hate to say it, looks like the 9ers are going take it all.
th

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Fuck you football gods for even putting me in this position...

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
If the Iggles can't get it done the best chance would be the Chiefs with a healthy Mahomes. Hopefully they win Sunday and the two weeks gives him more time to heal. Mahomes and the Chiefs are a bad matchup for the 49er defense. But I will say the Bengals and Burrow looked impressive yesterday.

Q729

Legend
Gotta Fly, dammit. I'ma get my ass a cheesesteak from the place across town that has Eagles shit plastered all over their walls and plays game reruns on the tv all day.

Ram65

Legend
The Eagles look stronger than the Whiners.

The AFC game is a toss-up but, Bengals could be peaking at the right time.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
The whiners have had struggles against mobile quarterbacks and Hurts is much better than Kyler Murray.

If the Eagles play their game, they should win. Plus they Eagles are at home and playing in cold weather.

I still think Purdy can be had if the pass rush can meet at the QB. Purdy will throw it up for grabs if that happens.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

NFC Championship Game

(2) San Francisco 49ers at (1) Philadelphia Eagles

Sunday, Jan. 29, at 3 p.m. ET (Fox)

Opening line: PHI -2 (45.5)
FPI projection: PHI, 64.4% (by four points)

What to watch for: This is how it was supposed to be. We have the two most dominant teams in the NFC meeting with a trip to the Super Bowl on the line. The 49ers and Eagles haven't faced each other this season, so it'll be a clean slate for each side. Philadelphia has the advantage of a more experienced quarterback in Jalen Hurts, who has a great supporting cast that includes wide receivers DeVonta Smith and A.J. Brown, tight end Dallas Goedert and running back Miles Sanders. But he's still recovering from a right shoulder sprain suffered more than a month ago.

And while the 49ers are on their third starting quarterback in Brock Purdy (the 2022 draft's Mr. Irrelevant), Kyle Shanahan's quarterback-friendly system and the 49ers' plethora of offensive playmakers -- tight end George Kittle, wide receiver Deebo Samuel and running back Christian McCaffrey among them -- make San Francisco's offense plenty potent even with a rookie quarterback. There is an outside chance quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo could be ready for the NFC Championship Game, too, but Purdy has helped the 49ers get this far after the veteran went down in Week 13 with a broken foot. Purdy, though, hasn't faced a defense like Philadelphia's unit -- one that held teams to a league-low 5.5 net yards per pass attempt and 3,057 passing yards in the regular season.

Meanwhile, the 49ers' defense allowed 6.4 yards per pass attempt and a league-low 3.4 yards per carry, and it had 20 interceptions to the Eagles' 17. In a game so evenly matched, this one could come down to experience, and while the 49ers were in a Super Bowl more recently than the Eagles, Hurts' relative experience to that of Purdy could be the difference-maker.

Why the Eagles will win: The 49ers have the only roster that can even compare to the Eagles, but in terms of the full 53-man lineup, Philadelphia still has the edge. That's especially evident in the trenches. The Eagles have the superior pass block win rate and pass rush win rate, and Haason Reddick (17.5 sacks, postseason included) should be set up for another big day. He will face Mike McGlinchey, not Trent Williams. And while the 49ers' offense has been mostly great with Purdy at the helm, no one's doubting who's the better quarterback in this matchup. It's Hurts, and that will matter.

Why the 49ers will win: The unique attributes of the San Francisco offense will limit the effectiveness of the normally dominant Eagles defense. That so much of the 49ers' receiving production comes from McCaffrey, Samuel and Kittle will mitigate the effect of the superb cornerback duo of James Bradberry (who led all corners in fewest yards per coverage snap allowed, per NFL Next Gen Stats) and Darius Slay. And edge rusher Nick Bosa can beat Jordan Mailata, who ranked 56th out of 64 in pass block win rate this season.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
I think an NFC team will win. Mahomes is hurt and the Bengals have OL issues. I just hope it's the Eagles. I think it will be a similar game as the Cowboys/Niners but I think the Eagles have a lil more fire power offensively.

The eagles defense will be tougher than Dallas' defense was. Not much, but enough to make mention. Also, let's hope the weather is very very cold and snowy. That will for sure be in the Iggles favor. I'll be honest I also won't feel sad if both Deebo and McCaffrie went down with ACLs .... thus removing them from next season. Go Eagles!!!

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
I'm also fairly sure that THIS is the game we see Purdy play below average.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
The eagles defense will be tougher than Dallas' defense was. Not much, but enough to make mention. Also, let's hope the weather is very very cold and snowy. That will for sure be in the Iggles favor. I'll be honest I also won't feel sad if both Deebo and McCaffrie went down with ACLs .... thus removing them from next season. Go Eagles!!!
I can't root for the Eagles. Local radio and their fans act like they are the 85' Bears. I really want to see them get smacked.