PREGAME NFC Conference Championship: 49’ers at Eagles

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
The eagles defense will be tougher than Dallas' defense was. Not much, but enough to make mention. Also, let's hope the weather is very very cold and snowy. That will for sure be in the Iggles favor. I'll be honest I also won't feel sad if both Deebo and McCaffrie went down with ACLs .... thus removing them from next season. Go Eagles!!!

The cold weather might make it easier to run rather than pass. In that regard, I like the Eagle's chances.

I want nothing more than to see dweebo samuel crying on the sideline after losing again!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The cold weather might make it easier to run rather than pass. In that regard, I like the Eagle's chances.

Weather looks like it will be dry and mild.

F34ED005-0230-4512-AD0E-941F829D570D.png

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The Eagles look stronger than the Whiners.
I'm not so sure and I'm nervous about the health of RT Lane Johnson & Jalen Hurts. I communicated last week I was not a fan of Eagles HC Nick Sirianni, if the Eagles beat the Whiners, I will love him.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I communicated last week I was not a fan of Eagles HC Nick Sirianni
Shanahan has the playoff experience edge, and I expect he'll have a badass gameplan for the Eagles.

I worry the Eagles will approach it much like McVay did his first Superbowl; i.e. "go with what got them there".

Shanahan surely has heard the "choke" label... He's going to come prepared with a solid gameplan.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Shanahan has the playoff experience edge, and I expect he'll have a badass gameplan for the Eagles.

I worry the Eagles will approach it much like McVay did his first Superbowl; i.e. "go with what got them there".

Shanahan surely has heard the "choke" label... He's going to come prepared with a solid gameplan.
Philly needs to go with what got them there. A different approach would be faulty. They will certainly try to pressure Purdy and they should. They will try to run on SF, and they should. The idea SF has trouble with mobile QBs is overplayed. That's lazy analysis. They lost to Chicago, Denver, Atlanta and KC, all mobile QBs. But the only one who hurt them on the ground was Mariota. Wilson ran 6 times for 17 yards (with a long of 12); Fields ran 11 times for 28 (with a long of 12); Mahomes didn't run once and Mariota ran 6 times for 50 (with a long of 20). One out of 4 does not make them susceptible to mobile QBs. But Hurts is not your normal mobile QB. The reason the zone-read is so affective is they have 3 RBs who are talented, a very good TE and a stable of good WRs. Plus that good OL.

Shanahan always has a great game plan. He's a smart guy. But until last weekend, they haven't faced a team with a good run game AND defense. Purdy looked very human, though he didn't make a crucial mistake. That pass out of bounds in the first half with 0:01 left on the clock was nearly just that. There were some talking heads who tried to play up his 'smarts', saying, "he knew was he was doing" but I call BS. So in his first postseason game he almost made a huge error. What will he do in a game with a trip to the Superbowl on the line? The key for SF will be to protect Purdy. They'll need to run well with McCaffrey and Deebo to do that. And if Philly puts everything on pressuring Purdy and stopping the run, Kittle will burn them.

It's going to be a great matchup. I hope they end up exhausting themselves so bad, KC or Cincinnati will be able to run circles around them.

Ram65

Legend
I'm not so sure and I'm nervous about the health of RT Lane Johnson & Jalen Hurts. I communicated last week I was not a fan of Eagles HC Nick Sirianni, if the Eagles beat the Whiners, I will love him.

It's basically an even matchup as far as point spread and sentiment. Arguments can be made for both sides.

The Whiners Purdy has never experienced an environment as he will at the Linc. Eagle fans will be in a frenzy by game time. The Eagles have gotten off to great starts in most games this year (I could not find the stats). Hurts will be full go with the ability to have designed run plays the read option. Sirianni has one over the Eagles fans by running the ball more to keep defenses off balance. Bosa could just find himself out of position on a number of plays. Hurts has one of the if not best deep pass in the NFL.

It should be a good one as the Whiners can play defense and have a lot of offensive weapons. I just have a feeling the Eagles are ready to roll.

Last edited:

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
So want Eagles to beat em....

but regardless it's AFC hope to win the Superbowl

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Philly needs to go with what got them there. A different approach would be faulty. They will certainly try to pressure Purdy and they should. They will try to run on SF, and they should. The idea SF has trouble with mobile QBs is overplayed. That's lazy analysis. They lost to Chicago, Denver, Atlanta and KC, all mobile QBs. But the only one who hurt them on the ground was Mariota. Wilson ran 6 times for 17 yards (with a long of 12); Fields ran 11 times for 28 (with a long of 12); Mahomes didn't run once and Mariota ran 6 times for 50 (with a long of 20). One out of 4 does not make them susceptible to mobile QBs. But Hurts is not your normal mobile QB. The reason the zone-read is so affective is they have 3 RBs who are talented, a very good TE and a stable of good WRs. Plus that good OL.

Shanahan always has a great game plan. He's a smart guy. But until last weekend, they haven't faced a team with a good run game AND defense. Purdy looked very human, though he didn't make a crucial mistake. That pass out of bounds in the first half with 0:01 left on the clock was nearly just that. There were some talking heads who tried to play up his 'smarts', saying, "he knew was he was doing" but I call BS. So in his first postseason game he almost made a huge error. What will he do in a game with a trip to the Superbowl on the line? The key for SF will be to protect Purdy. They'll need to run well with McCaffrey and Deebo to do that. And if Philly puts everything on pressuring Purdy and stopping the run, Kittle will burn them.

It's going to be a great matchup. I hope they end up exhausting themselves so bad, KC or Cincinnati will be able to run circles around them.

It's basically an even matchup as far as point spread and sentiment. Arguments can be made for both sides.

The Whiners Purdy has never experienced an environment as he will at the Linc. Eagle fans will be in a frenzy by game time. The Eagles have gotten off to great starts in most games this year (I could not find the stats). Hurts will be full go with the ability to have designed run plays the read option. Sirianni has one over the Eagles fans by running the ball more to keep defenses off balance. Bosa could just find himself out of position on a number of plays. Hurts has one of the if not best deep pass in the NFL.

It should be a good one as the Whiners can play defense and have a lot of offensive weapons. I just have a feeling the Eagles are ready to roll.

Thanks for sharing these thoughts. The Eagles are in your neck of the woods and you have good insight a result of that.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Philly is very hard on opposing QBs. They're 2nd overall in avg passer rating against, just behind Cincy (79.9 and 80.3). Their weakness however is stopping the run (24th at 4.7 ypc). How fortunate for SF.

KC btw also sucks vs the run (19th at 4.5 ypc). Cincy is 9th but still I think will struggle with SF's run game. Defense is why Cincy is likely to beat KC, to my eye at least.

The good thing here is both Philly and Cincy should make life tough on that young QB. KC unfortunately has a shit secondary as well (94 passer rating against) so if they get past Cincinnati and SF gets past Philly the Shitters will win it all.

So I'm pulling for Philly and Cincy. Just in case.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

From the article:

So when Samuels was asked about Philadelphia Eagles fans and noise diversions at Lincoln Financial Field, where the NFC Championship will be played on Sunday, he remained unbothered.

"We know it's gonna be loud, but no stadium is as loud as ours at the end of the day," Samuel said.

It's like he's taunting them.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie

One thing Dallas did was what I thought teams should do more of. Force Purdy to his left when he bails the pocket. It woulda been effective enough if Dak didn't do Dak things in the big games. Losing Pollard really hurt them too.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
So when Samuels was asked about Philadelphia Eagles fans and noise diversions at Lincoln Financial Field, where the NFC Championship will be played on Sunday, he remained unbothered.

"We know it's gonna be loud, but no stadium is as loud as ours at the end of the day," Samuel said.

It's like he's taunting them.
WTF does he know about loud opposing stadiums? When they play in L.A. it's 60% niner fans!!!
One thing Dallas did was what I thought teams should do more of. Force Purdy to his left when he bails the pocket. It woulda been effective enough if Dak didn't do Dak things in the big games. Losing Pollard really hurt them too.
That's big. Philly has to be effective on 1st and 2nd down vs SF's offense. When they faced third and more than 4 vs Dallas, they were 2 for 8. 3rd and 4 or less, 5 for 6.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
SF stadium is full of golf clapping yuppies. Loud. Now that's some funny shit.

Philly better get this done. I'd like to be able to relax and enjoy the Super Bowl.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I'll be the biggest Eagles fan west of the Mississippi Sunday. Like Merlin said, I just want to have a relaxing SB sunday and not have to watch the whiners have a shot at raising our trophy. ANYONE else, I'm completely fine with.