New Ram Ramsey fully participates in Thursday’s practice

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I don't think he's tradeable. This year would result in massive dead money and cap hit. Next year the cap hit becomes kind of manageable, but you are asking another team to take on a ton of guaranteed money for a RB with some kind of knee issue.

Gurley will be here for one more yr at least. For 2021 he can be cut and they save $5M of cap space.... They still eat $8M of cap space, but they save $5M off of his actual cap number of $13M for 2021.

Cooks can be let go the same yr and save $4M of cap space.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Cooks and his contract will be traded this offseason for a 2nd rounder and we will use our 2nd round picks on a speedy wr(Ruggs III aka Hill 2.0) and a Guard. Calling it now. Long and Ramsey gonna be lock down corners for the Rams for years to come.

I think that another defensive lineman is a priority as well, given that we're likely losing Brockers. Calling Jordan Elliott of Mizzou to the Rams for the second round. He's big at 6'4", 315 lbs., quick, powerful, gets into the backfield.

Would not be surprised to see the Rams dip into free agency.

Also, Ruggs III looks like he's going to be a first round pick.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
You think that Wade went into a meeting this morning with Snead & McVay and had some HD wisdom to express 2 things ......

#1- I can live with one of these three Troy Hill, Darious Williams, David Long as one of my starting press outside corners but I need a starting press coverage outside corner who will tackle.

#2- My defense also needs a good young mobile MLB'er who can cover.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I had this thought a few days ago about how Cooks has seemingly become our #3 WR. Kupp seems like the go-to guy, Woods is always reliable and has a bargain contract, plus we have other good pass catching options in Reynolds, Everett, Higbee and the RBs. Cooks was a luxury when we weren’t paying Goff a ton. Now with that contract, plus what we’ll have to pay Ramsey on an extension, I could see Cooks being the big contract they try to move on from in the off-season. Especially with the need to solidify the o-line.
Our offense may morph from 11 to 12 with Everett being the third focal point.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I agree totally, he's gone this off season if not sooner. You can also pencil in that Whitworth, Littleton, Brockers and likely Talib won't be back next year.
Only one i disagree with is Litleton, he is our coverage back we need, The others I agree with completely.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
News flash. Not every player is good right out the gates. I get it they redshirted last year to learn the system. But you don't actually improve until you get out there. Center is a very demanding position it's going to take Allen time and don't forget Noteboom isn't playing his natural position.

People forget that the great Orlando Pace did not start playing decent until the end if his rookie season. It takes time.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
News flash. Not every player is good right out the gates. I get it they redshirted last year to learn the system. But you don't actually improve until you get out there. Center is a very demanding position it's going to take Allen time and don't forget Noteboom isn't playing his natural position.
All noted.
However. They have had a year to prepare. I'm not saying they should be great players by now.
I'm saying they have been playing far below acceptable. Even for rookies with no experience at this level. They both have had the luxury of 1 full year with Kromer.

There is still hope for both, though. I'm not ready to get rid of them by any means. This doesn't mean that their play hasn't been frustrating

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
I see this as follows:

If we make the playoffs this year then we draft no higher than 21st. That's worth 800 on the draft value chart. The following year it is worth less due to the time value of the draft, but lets be conservative and say 600, assuming we make the playoffs in 2020.

That's a total of 1400 which equates to the 8th pick in the draft overall.

Ramsey is clearly worth the 8th pick in any draft.

Note: a 4th round pick two years out is worth about 30 and in the noise in this calculus.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I think that another defensive lineman is a priority as well, given that we're likely losing Brockers. Calling Jordan Elliott of Mizzou to the Rams for the second round. He's big at 6'4", 315 lbs., quick, powerful, gets into the backfield.

Would not be surprised to see the Rams dip into free agency.

Also, Ruggs III looks like he's going to be a first round pick.
I think DL/G will come in FA, so we'll get one of the two in the draft. And agree Ruggs might make his way into the 1st but am hoping Jeudy and Smith steal enough reps that he falls.

MachS

Hall of Fame
They've all been mid to late round picks, no?

Snead didn't draft Smith. That was Devaney. He did draft Robinson under Fisher, tho.

Yea I guess, but I wouldn't consider a 3rd and a 4th round late picks. Those guys tend to wind up as starters but I get your point, we're not working with great talent. Whitworth is going to retire after this year, so we really needed Allen and Noteboom to play well. We need David Edwards now to be a good player that's really what we need.

Last edited:

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Yea I guess, but I wouldn't consider a 3rd and a 4th round late picks. Those guys tend to wind up as starters but I get you're point, we're not working with good talent. Whitworth is going to retire after this year, so we really needed Allen and Noteboom to play well. We need David Edwards now to be a good player that's really what we need.

I said "mid to late round picks" my guy

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I think DL/G will come in FA, so we'll get one of the two in the draft. And agree Ruggs might make his way into the 1st but am hoping Jeudy and Smith steal enough reps that he falls.

True, and there's a lot of talented receivers from other schools that I think have first round talent.

“Turbo set!”

Pro Bowler
So what are we exactly most likely giving up?

Two 1st round picks in the middle of the round. Usually any pick outside the top 10 isn't anything special. Probably not a bad trade.

If one of the picks ends up being top 10 I don't like it.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
True, and there's a lot of talented receivers from other schools that I think have first round talent.
Agree, I just think Ruggs is a perfect and better replacement for Cooks, but there are a couple others who could be as well. Just think Ruggs will be special and I want him to be a Ram lol.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I agree totally, he's gone this off season if not sooner. You can also pencil in that Whitworth, Littleton, Brockers and likely Talib won't be back next year.

Cooks will cost you an additional $5M cap hit if traded this offseason. That might be tough unless you just want to rip off the band-aid because you get a decent offer and you want the picks.

Then the question is does his contract hurt his trade value, or the fact that his prorated signing bonus will not be paid by the acquiring team nake him more attractive?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Only one i disagree with is Litleton, he is our coverage back we need, The others I agree with completely.
He's also played himself the last couple years into a sizable contract. I'm not saying I don't want to sign him i'm saying there might not be money for him.