New Ram Ramsey fully participates in Thursday’s practice

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
im just getting up to speed on the other 2 trades. Does anyone have the scouting report on this ramsey kid

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
His base for this year was only $3.6M. So he only has about $2M left on that. So they still save 3.6M for this year that can be rolled into next year.

They are listed, before today, of having $37M of cap room next yr. Roll in the Peters savings of $3M, that leaves them with about $27M of cap room since Ramsey's option is for $13M next yr. Of course I think they make the move to extend him before the season is over.

What this likely means is that ine or both of Weddle/ Matthews will not be back. Littleton may also have to go. So now it would be great time see if Obo can supplant Fowler.

Remember, they have Kupp and Johnson coming up in a yr as well.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
im just getting up to speed on the other 2 trades. Does anyone have the acouting report on this ramsey kid

Scouting report is that Ramsey is arguably the best cover corner in the NFL, and he's not afraid to tackle. He's got excellent ball skills, can play press man, zone, whatever. And he's only twenty-four.

SAK11

Rookie
That's insane, we have to be trading away another big contract. Gurley maybe?

I had this thought a few days ago about how Cooks has seemingly become our #3 WR. Kupp seems like the go-to guy, Woods is always reliable and has a bargain contract, plus we have other good pass catching options in Reynolds, Everett, Higbee and the RBs. Cooks was a luxury when we weren’t paying Goff a ton. Now with that contract, plus what we’ll have to pay Ramsey on an extension, I could see Cooks being the big contract they try to move on from in the off-season. Especially with the need to solidify the o-line.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Don't like it one bit. Another *superstar* we'll have to dish out $10+ mil a year for soon, instead of building the trenches.

We haven't had a first round pick since Goff, right?

We had one in the spring, but traded back. While the Saints, Vikings, and Eagles picked OL with their first picks.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
His base for this year was only $3.6M. So he only has about $2M left on that. So they still save 3.6M for this year that can be rolled into next year.

They are listed, before today, of having $37M of cap room next yr. Roll in the Peters savings of $3M, that leaves them with about $27M of cap room since Ramsey's option is for $13M next yr. Of course I think they make the move to extend him before the season is over.

What this likely means is that ine or both of Weddle/ Matthews will not be back. Littleton may also have to go. So now it would be great time see if Obo can supplant Fowler.

Remember, they have Kupp and Johnson coming up in a yr as well.

Kupp is a must have obviously. I'd take Kupp over Cooks and Woods. Losing Littleton will sting.

But we still. Need. Offensive. Lineman. ASAP. There arent any Quenton Nelson's in the fourth through sixth rounds.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Also, a while back I heard one the local sports guys in Jacksonville state that they think Ramsey craves to be on a bigger stage than Jacksonville. A big city where he can be a brand.

Well, you can't beat LA and what will be the biggest stadium in the league.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Some of you guys are hilarious.
[Go get that guy. We need better players. Our guy sucks]
Rams make a move
[Aww man that's too expensive]

giphy.webp
TBH I'm shocked there aren't a handful of vent threads about making the trade. One was but merged into here thankfully.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yea b/c Noteboom, Allen, and Demby have proven that ;)
So putting a 6th round pick on equal footing with a 3rd and 4th? Also writing off Noteboom and Allen after a hanful of starts? There's some good thinking for ya ;)

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I had this thought a few days ago about how Cooks has seemingly become our #3 WR. Kupp seems like the go-to guy, Woods is always reliable and has a bargain contract, plus we have other good pass catching options in Reynolds, Everett, Higbee and the RBs. Cooks was a luxury when we weren’t paying Goff a ton. Now with that contract, plus what we’ll have to pay Ramsey on an extension, I could see Cooks being the big contract they try to move on from in the off-season. Especially with the need to solidify the o-line.

Yeah, the Cooks deal is the one I don't like. You can see why he has been moved two times already.

He is good player obviously, and he is productive, but he is just not special enough to be a $14M a year a player. He can't dominate a gm.

I can see him being moved in another yr when it does not hurt them too much in dead cap space.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Totally against it. Next year is his option year. Since we gave up two 1st we have to extend him. He and his agent know that so the price just went up. I will be amazed if we can avoid cap hell. My guess is say good bye to Littleton and Johnson.

I would assume that you could kiss Brockers. Fowler, Talib, Hager, Christian, Thomas & Blythe goodbye next March. (n):cry:

I would bet that Cory Littleton gets a nice contract!(y):love: