New Ram Ramsey fully participates in Thursday’s practice

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram65

Legend
they will extend Fowler and Greg the Leg, and Kupp etc etc. Guys like Talib, Peters, Whitworth, Blythe, and Brockers will clear a ton of cap space next year.

Guys like Peters, Whit, Talib, etc. aren't being counted in next year's cap space anyway. Rams are getting pushed up against the cap.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If you're going to pay a steep price, doing it for a great player is the way to go. This had been Williams I'd be livid. But it's a young and elite talent.

All that aside... It's risky. Rams better have done their homework on him. IF they hit, it's a franchise changing type move. IF they don't, it's a franchise changing type move. Got my fingers crossed.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Nah. Talib is likely gone. He's been injured two years in a row and is not signed past this year. But this year we have $9M in Peters and $8M in Talib which is likely all or mostly going to go to Ramsey next year. And that doesn't include Brockers maybe not coming back.

We also might lose Fowler, but I hope not. That duo of Fowler and Matthews was starting to get going, but they struggled because we were in so much damned zone...

Talib was not under contract for next year, so Ramsey's cap hit is independent of anything related to Talib. And sure he is not coming back. That's a no brainer.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
Jets, Dolphins, Bengals, Giants, Titans, etc.

Even if he's not a number one, he'd easily be the second best on other teams like the Colts.

Cooks could easily fetch two picks for the right team.
Second best at 15mil? Not the going rate. That is #1 money and only #1 money.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Second best at 15mil? Not the going rate. That is #1 money and only #1 money.

Some teams would still pay that to have a weapon like Cooks. Look at the Colts; if they had one weapon aside from T.Y. Hilton, they'd be in contention.

I'm not saying that it would be easy to trade him, but all it really takes is one team to get desperate.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
Some teams would still pay that to have a weapon like Cooks. Look at the Colts; if they had one weapon aside from T.Y. Hilton, they'd be in contention.

I'm not saying that it would be easy to trade him, but all it really takes is one team to get desperate.
And no one will part with a #1 as we did. I seriously doubt it. Cooks is a complimentary player not a difference maker.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We just nabbed arguably the best CB in the league.
The dude has RAMS in his name.
This is awesome
Gotta admit I'm pretty pumped. I love that they made a move for a young defensive cornerstone player. Give Wade better pieces and maybe that defense will keep us in it.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Guys like Peters, Whit, Talib, etc. aren't being counted in next year's cap space anyway. Rams are getting pushed up against the cap.
The likely candidates who can be cut to save cap space would be;

Player/ cap savings
Weddle - 4.2M
Matthews - 3.7M
Robey-Coleman - 4.0M
Hill - 3M

That's close to $15M if all 4 players sre released or traded.

Only Hill and Coleman would be trade candidates since they are young. Might get a 6th for Hill maybe a 5th for Robey-Coleman.

Memento

Name
Jemma
And no one will part with a #1 as we did. I seriously doubt it. Cooks is a complimentary player not a difference maker.

I'm not looking for a first round pick. That ship has sailed. But a second and a fourth? Sure, I'd do it, especially given the class of receivers in next year's draft.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
RoD on Peters's PFF grades: lolol PFF is a joke

RoD on Ramsey's PFF grades: fuck yeah breh he elite
No doubt lmao. But then again RoD was right on both counts. ;)

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
on defense, they are planning on building around Donald and Ramsey. 2 elite talents.
On offense, I expect them to jettison some skill players.

Not sure I can agree with this, at least not for 2020. The annual rise in NFL revenue was reported to have taken a big jump this last year, so that usual $10.mil per team CAP raise is likely to grow some. Whitworth is already scheduled to leave, and he's the biggest current expense on the OL.
2021 feels more like big changes on the offensive side of the ball from my thinking, Gurley could become a CAP casualty if the knee issue becomes more of a thing, either that or a salary restructure, ... Havenstein's dead money CAP issues go away in 2021, and Cooks may see his high salary structure receiving scrutiny. jmo.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You think that Wade went into a meeting this morning TWO YEARS AGO with Snead & McVay and had some HD wisdom to express 2 things ......

#1- I can live with one of these three Troy Hill, Darious Williams, David Long as one of my starting press outside corners but I need a starting press coverage outside cornerS who will tackle.

#2- My defense also needs a good young mobile MLB'er who can cover.
Fixed. :LOL:

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
I cannot get psyched up for a malcontent who has thrown his own team mates under the bus and faked an injury to get traded. Not to mention his big mouth. Is he a talented player? Yes. So is Antonio Brown.

Memento

Name
Jemma
I cannot get psyched up for a malcontent who has thrown his own team mates under the bus and faked an injury to get traded. Not to mention his big mouth. Is he a talented player? Yes. So is Antonio Brown.

Ramsey's nothing like Brown. Brown has had a history of shitty behavior, dating back to Central Michigan, which caused him to plummet in the draft. Ramsey wants money, true, but he's got far less character issues than Brown.

I'm guessing that you wouldn't have wanted Deion on the Rams either?

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
Ramsey's nothing like Brown. Brown has had a history of shitty behavior, dating back to Central Michigan, which caused him to plummet in the draft. Ramsey wants money, true, but he's got far less character issues than Brown.

I'm guessing that you wouldn't have wanted Deion on the Rams either?
We will see. Before he wanted money he still called out his own team mates and coaches. I'm in Florida and he has often made the news for the wrong reasons. Maybe he matures.

Memento

Name
Jemma
We will see. Before he wanted money he still called out his own team mates and coaches. I'm in Florida and he has often made the news for the wrong reasons. Maybe he matures.

To be fair, he hasn't had the best coaching staff in Jacksonville. And also to be fair, he's just twenty-four. Most people - myself included - were immature in their early-to-mid twenties.