New Ram Ramsey fully participates in Thursday’s practice

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
You think that Wade went into a meeting this morning with Snead & McVay and had some HD wisdom to express 2 things ......

#1- I can live with one of these three Troy Hill, Darious Williams, David Long as one of my starting press outside corners but I need a starting press coverage outside corner who will tackle.

#2- My defense also needs a good young mobile MLB'er who can cover.

I'm pounding the table for Natrez Patrick at the other ILB spot across from Littleton.

But yeah, we NEEDED to address our #1 CB....

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I disagree with all those that think we're gonna dismantle in the off-season.

I don't think we lose Cooks or Littleton. Talib isn't signed next year, anyway. He was known to be a 2 year stint and it's close to being over (although the idea of a refreshed Talib and Ramsey manning up toward the end of the season will be something to behold...). I don't really care about Hager because Natrez Patrick is a damned BEAST at ILB and will erase all this Hager/Reeder bad taste. Brockers is an unfortunate casualty, but he's not worth $10M per, at least not anymore.

I dunno that Christian or Blythe are super high priorities one way or another and I think Thomas will be prioritized because unless we pry away multiple veteran OL including an LT (I have serious doubts Noteboom will be ready for next season with both ACL and MCL surgeries).

I'm HOPING we keep Fowler long term as Matthews is not a long term answer and several of his sacks actually came from Fowler's pressure.

Mack, Ramsey's aiming to be the highest paid cornerback in the league. Add in a hefty salary increase to Littleton, Kupp, JJ3, and maybe Everett, and we're going to lose someone as a cap casualty.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
I don’t get why ppl keep saying 2 1sts is too much. When you draft, you pray for a talent of Ramsey’s level and the chances of getting that (especially later in the 1st) aren’t very high. He’s what you hope a 1st round pick turns into but hardly ever does

If our picks come later in the draft, I'd have to agree.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
You sure it's fifty-four? We traded for Ramsey, Corbett, and Young, while giving up Peters. By my count, that's fifty-five.

That's another option, true. Smart hasn't done much, and with Corbett in the fold, maybe Demby is expendable. Reeder is still a solid special teams player, so I don't want to cut him just yet, but it's definitely a possibility.

noteboom and talib IR. Were either one replaced yet?

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Snead's an Auburn guy, so i'm liking DE/DT Nick Coe in the 2'nd round.

McVay was OC for Washington when Brandon Scherff was drafted # 5 overall, now he's available as a free agent. jmo.
wait, he's available now???

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame

tenor.gif

1288388_roflmao_gif3c27b0c44b9f840665edd9a2d24b57f3.gif

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Did I say that anywhere? No I'm not going to write them off yet though, they're young and learning. Players aren't always perfect from their first snap some take time to develop.

What I would add to this is every team is throwing the 6-1 look at them, with the kitchen sink.

We've sunk ourselves, and especially our oline in too many games simply by getting behind the eight ball early.

We opened against the niners with 9 straight run plays right down for a touchdown.

That's right, 9 straight plays.

That niners front is no joke.

But we get ourselves into spots where we have no choice and we are stressing ourselves.

Anyway. Aside from all the Oline talk. I am excited about Ramsey.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Ramsey vs Julio Jones this week!?? omg thank God we got him Julio would've went for 300 against Troy Hill.
He hasn't been playing. Will he be playing this week and will he pull a muscle? Just saying, this might take a little longer than this week to get Ramsey up and going.

Ram65

Legend
I see this as follows:

If we make the playoffs this year then we draft no higher than 21st. That's worth 800 on the draft value chart. The following year it is worth less due to the time value of the draft, but lets be conservative and say 600, assuming we make the playoffs in 2020.

That's a total of 1400 which equates to the 8th pick in the draft overall.

Ramsey is clearly worth the 8th pick in any draft.

Note: a 4th round pick two years out is worth about 30 and in the noise in this calculus.

You also have to factor in the cost of paying Ramsey compared to the draft picks. This year's 22 pick Dillard an OT got a $12.37 Million total contract. That's for 4 years plus the option year is available. So you get two players for less than what Ramsey will cost for a year. Ramsey is cheap for this year.

I didn't think the Rams would make the move for Ramsey. They were already top heavy cap-wise. Now, adding Ramsey's future contract averaging in the $16 Million annual range they will be even more top heavy with Goff, Donald, Gurley and Cooks deals. Too tired to look up exact amounts but, its a lot of money going out to five players.

I don't know if it worth the cost to make this trade. The Rams will still have a lot of holes moving forward. So far the risk/gamble to insert Noteboom and Allen in the offensive line has failed. Would the Rams have been better off saving the draft capital and money to fix multiple holes in the near future?

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
This is the same as the Brandin Cooks trade. Agree on contract before the trade not after. We overpaid on Cooks and we will over pay on Ramsey.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I don’t get why ppl keep saying 2 1sts is too much. When you draft, you pray for a talent of Ramsey’s level and the chances of getting that (especially later in the 1st) aren’t very high. He’s what you hope a 1st round pick turns into but hardly ever does
Typically you trade two lower firsts to move up for a guy like this... so yeah.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Alright then. Let’s go! Jalen RAMSey! He’s expensive, but sometimes you’ve got to pony up wit da picks.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
This is the same as the Brandin Cooks trade. Agree on contract before the trade not after. We overpaid on Cooks and we will over pay on Ramsey.

May be the opposite here. Will look big but watch the other contracts that start to roll in, guess we will see.