New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Maybe I missed it... but all I recall is that Demoff has done the presentatons. Kroenke remains silent. If there is a link, let me know?

No, in fact reporting that Demoff gave one of the presentations is a somewhat new development. At any rate coming up there's an owners only meeting, meaning Demoff wont even be invited, and Kroenke will be pitching Inglewood again there. Both of them have been doing it.

There are any number of reasons those men said that, one of which was suggested by @RamzFanz below.

That relates to Peacock, but there are plenty of others who have no dog in this fight who have said it's the case. It just makes no sense that they would all be making shit up for shits and giggles. Why would NFL executives or even other owners mention it? What does it help them?

A guess is a guess to me. Again, until Kroenke actually comes out and says something? They're all garden variety guesses.

To be honest at this point it seems like the goal is just to be intentionally difficult. First it was "Well Kroenke hasn't actually said anything" and then after tons of articles and reporters saying they do it was "Well the Rams aren't linked to Inglewood" and then they were linked via Demoff and then it was "Well it's just a leverage thing" and after tons of articles and reporters saying that's not the case, now it's back to "Well Kroenke hasn't said anything, and I refuse to believe it unless he says it despite all the evidence of the contrary." At this point I'm waiting for the word the Rams are leaving and people to say "Well the moving trucks haven't come yet" and when they come "Well they haven't played a game yet" etc etc.

If they move or not, is anyone's guess, but at this point in the game we shouldn't be wondering if they actually want to move, because there's tons of articles that say they do.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I said that? Not sure I did.

What I am saying is... there have been no direct quotes coming out of anything relating to what Kroenke has said about moving or stadiums or anything, for that matter.

For crying out loud, is right.

Has Stan Kroenke ever said he wants to win a Super Bowl? I guess we can just safely assume he doesn't without hearing from him directly.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Yeah... that link doesn't work (at least for me).

Besides... I have a hard time believing that the L.A. Times is objective... of course they'd tint it that Kroenke gave the presentation.... makes it look better for their agenda.

No matter how many reports come out of the L.A. Times or St. Louis PD or any other publication, it still keeps coming back to the same thing:

Kroenke has said nothing - nothing.

And, until he does, every possible outcome is on the table.

The LA times aren't some crap newspaper, frankly they don't care about the NFL they have bigger fish to fry, and they don't care about making up stories and hurting their reputation over this.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
Yes they could have and the Rams would have had to stay. But they didn't and I see no way that the NFL thinks, "Well they declined to keep their end of the deal so that's that. We'll just let them offer up whatever they think is close." Arbitration essentially put an end to the lease and the hold the CVC could have had on the Rams. The question becomes then, what it takes to keep them. And a new stadium IMO would have to be in keeping with the first tier status or at least very close or they would have to offer a very sweetheart deal to compensate. Sorry - but you cannot ignore the lease in all of this. It set expectations and those expectations will be part of the overall picture.

I agree they are going to want the stadium at or near top tier (though this isa very fluid /subjective thing)...thing to remember that this includes a lot stuff outside of the # of seats that most fans would think about...as I recall it had a lot to do with making $ so POS technology and such was part of it...as others put it capabilities of suites (assume # is a factor but not only one)...but there are places and ways to make the new stadium better besides how many seats it has...

note 503 was not sayings this...just trying to add to convo

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hahaha too funny, a link is provided citing Kroenke gave a presentation and it's dismissed. Never ceases to amaze me the level people will take to not believe something about Kroenke.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
To be honest at this point it seems like the goal is just to be intentionally difficult. First it was "Well Kroenke hasn't actually said anything" and then after tons of articles and reporters saying they do it was "Well the Rams aren't linked to Inglewood" and then they were linked via Demoff and then it was "Well it's just a leverage thing" and after tons of articles and reporters saying that's not the case, now it's back to "Well Kroenke hasn't said anything, and I refuse to believe it unless he says it despite all the evidence of the contrary." At this point I'm waiting for the word the Rams are leaving and people to say "Well the moving trucks haven't come yet" and when they come "Well they haven't played a game yet" etc etc.

If they move or not, is anyone's guess, but at this point in the game we shouldn't be wondering if they actually want to move, because there's tons of articles that say they do.
Intentionally difficult because I am choosing to hang my hat on the fact that he hasn't said anything? And that keeps all the supposition just that... supposition?

Yeah, until he actually comes out and says something, everything any writer says is pure guess.

Tons of articles and reports mean nothing to me. Each and every one has their own beliefs and they will write their pieces to bolster that belief.

If you choose to believe them, that's your prerogative.

Please don't tell me I'm being intentionally difficult when I am stating facts.

There's been this disturbing movement... one person writes/says something, then a bunch more articles comes out and more people say the same thing and - all of a sudden - it's fact!
Nope, it isn't fact until proven... and none of this is proven. Only one person who has the power to prove anything... and he ain't talking.

You've been a major contributor to the supposition here for this entire thread... maybe you're being intentinally difficult?

I know you're not... but neither am I.

ramfaninsd

UDFA
Yeah... that link doesn't work (at least for me).

Besides... I have a hard time believing that the L.A. Times is objective... of course they'd tint it that Kroenke gave the presentation.... makes it look better for their agenda.

No matter how many reports come out of the L.A. Times or St. Louis PD or any other publication, it still keeps coming back to the same thing:

Kroenke has said nothing - nothing.

And, until he does, every possible outcome is on the table.

well the link worked fine for me and it does say stan gave the presentation. stan doesn't need the nfl's permission to build a stadium so why did he give a presentation on his stadium project to the nfl and why is he giving an update next week.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hahaha too funny, a link is provided citing Kroenke gave a presentation and it's dismissed. Never ceases to amaze me the level people will take to not believe something about Kroenke.
You do know that cuts both ways, right?

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
well the link worked fine for me and it does say stan gave the presentation. stan doesn't need the nfl's permission to build a stadium so why did he give a presentation on his stadium project to the nfl and why is he giving an update next week.
So, why would he not talk to the fans?

Clearly, it's a foregone conclusion that he wants to go... it's being reported that he's giving presentations... if he's as smart as everyone says, surely he knows the ruse is over. Talk to the fans.

BTW... I was finally able to get the link to open up. But, again, no quotes or anything... was the reporter even there? Where did he get that information? "Reliabe sources"?

I posted from an article a tad earlier in this thread. In that article, supposition was reported as fact:
"Early this month, Kroenke announced plans to build an 80,000-seat National Football League stadium and 6,000-seat performance venue at the site of the old Hollywood Park racetrack in Inglewood, Calif."

Just untrue... but you want to believe this report... go ahead, your choice. I will not.

dhaab

Rookie
Has Stan Kroenke ever said he wants to win a Super Bowl? I guess we can just safely assume he doesn't without hearing from him directly.

I think it's pretty safe to say that you've officially jumped the shark in this thread.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Peacock himself has come out and said so

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I don't know why this is still being debated. It's obvious that Stan is pursuing a move to LA, and has been since the announcement of his stadium (officially.) Why do we care who gives the presentations? If it's not Stan, it's going to be KD, does it really matter? Stop holding on to this idea that because he hasn't said anything, it's not what he wants.

On the other hand, we have all the good things said about St. Louis and their efforts. From the time Peacock and co. have been appointed, it's been a break neck pace of checking off boxes. It's going to be a sprint to the finish line, but don't hold you're breath. We aren't in the home stretch yet.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The LA times aren't some crap newspaper, frankly they don't care about the NFL they have bigger fish to fry, and they don't care about making up stories and hurting their reputation over this.
No, they are beyond reproach. Media outlets are always completely objective. C'mon BC.. you're smarter than that.

They don't care? C'mon... they have no interest whether an NFL team comes to L.A. There will be no positive effect on their business.... revenues...

They don't care about making up stories? Then , why did they report this?
"Early this month, Kroenke announced plans to build an 80,000-seat National Football League stadium and 6,000-seat performance venue at the site of the old Hollywood Park racetrack in Inglewood, Calif."
I don't recall.. was Stan Kroenke present at that announement? Was it The Kroenke Group that made the announcement?

tonyl711

Starter
They both have, but Demoff is worse in a way because that links the Rams, since the Rams are his only job.

I just don't see anything to suggest he's not serious about moving. Peacock and Nixon have said it, reporters in the know have said it, NFL insiders have said it, why not believe it? Kroenke and Peacock haven't said it because they want to sell tickets.

I suppose you can say its guessing, but its pretty well informed guessing.

Davis and Spanos haven't said they want to move, in fact they said the opposite. Yet most likely two of the three owners will be moving to LA.
Peacock and Nixon are trying to get a stadium built, it is in their best interest to let people think the Rams are next to gone.

tonyl711

Starter
Yes they could have and the Rams would have had to stay. But they didn't and I see no way that the NFL thinks, "Well they declined to keep their end of the deal so that's that. We'll just let them offer up whatever they think is close." Arbitration essentially put an end to the lease and the hold the CVC could have had on the Rams. The question becomes then, what it takes to keep them. And a new stadium IMO would have to be in keeping with the first tier status or at least very close or they would have to offer a very sweetheart deal to compensate. Sorry - but you cannot ignore the lease in all of this. It set expectations and those expectations will be part of the overall picture.
im not ignoring the lease in all of this, what i am saying is the top tier clause was moot as soon as Stan went year to year. im sure the lease will have to be a very good one, but i also think the NFL will bend over backwards for Stan if he isnt allowed to move, promise of a SB perhaps? i also think if Stan doesnt get a green light to LA he will add more than what he is being asked to contribute to a new stadium, just to stoke his ego, that way he still gets his palace and he comes out a hero here.

tonyl711

Starter
No, in fact reporting that Demoff gave one of the presentations is a somewhat new development. At any rate coming up there's an owners only meeting, meaning Demoff wont even be invited, and Kroenke will be pitching Inglewood again there. Both of them have been doing it.

That relates to Peacock, but there are plenty of others who have no dog in this fight who have said it's the case. It just makes no sense that they would all be making crap up for shits and giggles. Why would NFL executives or even other owners mention it? What does it help them?

i think what he is saying, and i agree with is, media and task forces and yes even owners all have reason to say these things, St Louis media will keep it going because any story about a move gets hits here, LA media keep it going because any story that brings the Rams back gets hits. task force wouldnt get far on a new stadium if they didnt convince the people the Rams werent leaving. as far as the owners, are you kidding me, do you really think they are going to not play all 3 teams fans? they are not going to screw another owner by saying hey dont worry NFL city your owners full of bull he is not going anywhere, and yes they also have money involved, they get the relocation fees of anyone who moves.
untill Stan says one way or another, these media and task force members and owners, have no way of stating that he wants to leave as fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.