New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The LA times aren't some crap newspaper, frankly they don't care about the NFL they have bigger fish to fry, and they don't care about making up stories and hurting their reputation over this.
Haha didn't you know, he's only in it to screw over fans!

/blue font

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
peacock is trying to get a stadium built, it would be pretty stupid if he didnt say he thought the Rams were leaving wouldnt it?
Not really sure what you are talking about?
I cant see an angle where Peacock would make such a public statement unless he was entirely sure it was true. What WOULD be stupid would be to intenionally alienate the owner (who is responsible for about half of the financing for the stadium) by making a brash accusation like that if its false

iced

I cant see an angle where Peacock would make such a public statement unless he was entirely sure it was true.

uh easy, a sense of urgency...

look at where we are now because the team is threatening to leave..they went from $60 million (public money) in upgrades to the dome $400 million and a new stadium....Look at SD's proposals now and the last 14 years...

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
uh easy, a sense of urgency...

look at where we are now because the team is threatening to leave..they went from $60 million (public money) in upgrades to the dome $400 million and a new stadium....Look at SD's proposals now and the last 14 years...
Which means Peacock firmly believes in what he said, I agree

iced

Which means Peacock firmly believes in what he said, I agree
right, because Kroenke has put off the perception of leaving - leverage..

believe the vikings threatned to move to LA right before the city budged and they agreed to their deal

RAMbler

UDFA
right, because Kroenke has put off the perception of leaving - leverage..

believe the vikings threatned to move to LA right before the city budged and they agreed to their deal

Vikings landed a plane for a few hours.

Kroenke landed 60 acres in a prime location for nearly $100,000,000.00, and his PARTNER (Stockbridge) announced the 'building' of an 80,000 seat football stadium. Not that they would 'like' to build it. That they 'intend' to build it.

I don't see the 2 scenario's as the same at all.

Irish

Starter
Read on Twitter that the team has people confiscating posters at the gates for the NFL network live camp broadcast today. Apparently they don't want pro St. Louis "propaganda" representing the team today.

I wonder what we can expect from the Oxnard broadcast...

rams2050

Starter
Read on Twitter that the team has people confiscating posters at the gates for the NFL network live camp broadcast today. Apparently they don't want pro St. Louis "propaganda" representing the team today.

Say, whhaaaaaaaaaaaat???

That is just wrong, dude.

MrMotes

Starter
To be honest at this point it seems like the goal is just to be intentionally difficult.

Yeah, no kidding.

First he asks for a link to something previously posted and linked in this thread
Refuses to check when given page # with the link and info.
Refuses to check when given actual link
Finally, when confronted with the LA Times article reporting that Kroenke did in fact give a one hour presentation on his Inglewood stadium, he says who cares, it doesn't matter anyway...

tonyl711

Starter
Not really sure what you are talking about?
I cant see an angle where Peacock would make such a public statement unless he was entirely sure it was true. What WOULD be stupid would be to intenionally alienate the owner (who is responsible for about half of the financing for the stadium) by making a brash accusation like that if its false
lol, yea he will get all kinds of support by saying, well we might not need to but lets build a new stadium anyway right?

MrMotes

Starter
Here's what Peacock said:

“It’s possible we have different ownership of the (Rams) because I think (Kroenke) is really committed to Los Angeles. I’m not against Stan going to Los Angeles, I just don’t want our team there. This is why we’re spending most of our time with the league — we think this is an NFL issue.”

The Ripper

Starter
Name
Rip

Say, whhaaaaaaaaaaaat???

That is just wrong, dude.

I thought Shaw was retired because that's what they did in Anaheim.

iced

Vikings landed a plane for a few hours.

Kroenke landed 60 acres in a prime location for nearly $100,000,000.00, and his PARTNER (Stockbridge) announced the 'building' of an 80,000 seat football stadium. Not that they would 'like' to build it. That they 'intend' to build it.

I don't see the 2 scenario's as the same at all.

I disagree - he spent a few million (like 2) to get $340 million more from the public

As if LA hasn't been used for leverage like this for the past 20 years....

iced

And People don't think Kroenke is doing stuff to kill the fan base, but Georgia Frontiee was the devil?

guess ignorance is bliss

Status
Not open for further replies.