New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Intentionally difficult because I am choosing to hang my hat on the fact that he hasn't said anything? And that keeps all the supposition just that... supposition?

Yeah, until he actually comes out and says something, everything any writer says is pure guess.

Tons of articles and reports mean nothing to me. Each and every one has their own beliefs and they will write their pieces to bolster that belief.

If you choose to believe them, that's your prerogative.

Please don't tell me I'm being intentionally difficult when I am stating facts.

There's been this disturbing movement... one person writes/says something, then a bunch more articles comes out and more people say the same thing and - all of a sudden - it's fact!
Nope, it isn't fact until proven... and none of this is proven. Only one person who has the power to prove anything... and he ain't talking.

You've been a major contributor to the supposition here for this entire thread... maybe you're being intentinally difficult?

I know you're not... but neither am I.

That's the thing though, there are tons of articles about it, if it were false it would most likely be out by now. At what point do we agree with the overwhelming support for that view? It would be one thing if it was one beat writer from LA pushing that, but it's everyone, it's the beat writers in LA, the beat writers in St Louis, the national writers, NFL executives, everybody is working on the idea that Stan wants to move the Rams to LA.

Stan hasn't said he wants to stay in St Louis either, so what do we do? Assume he wants to move somewhere else? Disband the team? He hasn't said anything, so you go off the information of the people who are in the know, who have access to either Kroenke himself or people who directly talk to him, be it other owners or friends or whatever. They all say he wants to move, I think we can safely say that's the case.

I think it's pretty safe to say that you've officially jumped the shark in this thread.

I think it's safe to say I went extreme for a reason, because this argument is about as ridiculous as the breach/no breach one.

No, they are beyond reproach. Media outlets are always completely objective. C'mon BC.. you're smarter than that.

They don't care? C'mon... they have no interest whether an NFL team comes to L.A. There will be no positive effect on their business.... revenues...

They don't care about making up stories? Then , why did they report this?
"Early this month, Kroenke announced plans to build an 80,000-seat National Football League stadium and 6,000-seat performance venue at the site of the old Hollywood Park racetrack in Inglewood, Calif."
I don't recall.. was Stan Kroenke present at that announement? Was it The Kroenke Group that made the announcement?

I'm not saying they're infallible, I'm saying there a highly respected newspaper, they're not going to risk that reputation over talks of an NFL team coming to the city. And do they care if the Rams come? Not likely no, NFL or no NFL it probably wont change much to their bottom line. If the Rams don't come they'll likely have the Chargers/Raiders, so either way they will have a team to cover if that's what they care about.

As for that announcement, the Stockbridge group made it on behalf of Kroenke. It's an NFL stadium on his plot of land, obviously Kroenke signed off on it, and obviously Kroenke sanctioned the announcement. He doesn't like getting in front of the cameras, we know this, so he had someone do it for him. If he didn't want it we would have heard from someone. Just because he didn't personally deliver the message doesn't mean it didn't come from him.

MrMotes

Starter
As for that announcement, the Stockbridge group made it on behalf of Kroenke. It's an NFL stadium on his plot of land, obviously Kroenke signed off on it, and obviously Kroenke sanctioned the announcement. He doesn't like getting in front of the cameras, we know this, so he had someone do it for him. If he didn't want it we would have heard from someone. Just because he didn't personally deliver the message doesn't mean it didn't come from him.

Here's the press release: http://stockbridgerealestate.com/20...uild-world-class-sports-complex-in-inglewood/

Here's the LA Times article about the press release: http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-0105-nfl-la-stadium-20150105-story.html#page=1

And here's the times talking about a stadium presentation they were given before Kroenke's presentation to the NFL L.A. committee in April:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-nfl-stadium-inglewood-20150322-column.html

Stan Kroenke won't be empty handed this week when he arrives at the NFL owners meetings in Arizona.

The St. Louis Rams owner will be packing finished schematic plans for the world's most interactive and integrated football stadium, a futuristic, $1.86-billion, privately financed venue proposed for the Hollywood Park site in Inglewood.

Kroenke is not quite ready to put a shovel in the ground, but the major pieces of the project are now fully drawn, allowing the global sports and real estate billionaire to show the small army of architects and engineers at his disposal have made significant progress.

Representatives of Kroenke and HKS, the architecture firm he's employed, met with the Los Angeles Times recently in San Francisco to provide a first look at the detailed plans. ...

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Say, whhaaaaaaaaaaaat???

That is just wrong, dude.
You know, they'll probably let LA fans bring in whatever shit they want too. This is such garbage. I keep trying not to get upset and just concentrate on the Rams but it's extremely difficult when they keep shoving it up our asses.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
right, because Kroenke has put off the perception of leaving - leverage..

believe the vikings threatned to move to LA right before the city budged and they agreed to their deal
What leverage does Kroenke need?
Wulf wanted more public money and he got it. Spanos wants public money in San Diego.
Not understanding where you're coming from here.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
lol, yea he will get all kinds of support by saying, well we might not need to but lets build a new stadium anyway right?
Um, not sure what you mean. They do need a stadium since they've opted out of the long term lease with the soon to be former which proved to be inadequate.
Still don't know what your point is. Are you suggesting that Peacock doesn't really think Stans a threat to go to LA and he's just grandstanding for support?

MrMotes

Starter
Um, not sure what you mean. They do need a stadium since they've opted out of the long term lease with the soon to be former which proved to be inadequate.
Still don't know what your point is. Are you suggesting that Peacock doesn't really think Stans a threat to go to LA and he's just grandstanding for support?

Exaclty. If Kroenke really is dead set on leaving and Peacock believes that, what good will building a stadium do? Kroenke won't pitch in, he's leaving. That means no stadium.

Force a sale? Get another team? That seems to be where Peacock was headed in that quote of his...

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Read on Twitter that the team has people confiscating posters at the gates for the NFL network live camp broadcast today. Apparently they don't want pro St. Louis "propaganda" representing the team today.

I wonder what we can expect from the Oxnard broadcast...

Did these twitter people say why they were asked not to bring signs in? Providing details and info maybe even links of said tweets would be helpful instead of just posting this without any additional info.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Personally? Or had Demoff do that... link?
I don't know why this is still being debated. It's obvious that Stan is pursuing a move to LA, and has been since the announcement of his stadium (officially.) Why do we care who gives the presentations? If it's not Stan, it's going to be KD, does it really matter? Stop holding on to this idea that because he hasn't said anything, it's not what he wants.

On the other hand, we have all the good things said about St. Louis and their efforts. From the time Peacock and co. have been appointed, it's been a break neck pace of checking off boxes. It's going to be a sprint to the finish line, but don't hold you're breath. We aren't in the home stretch yet.

IMO, it's not who finishes first who wins but rather what score the judges give ;)

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
I mean wait for new LAs or get another STL lol

Does it matter? A team can't change their uniform without approval from the league and the league needs 2 years notice, or something to that affect.

D L

Rookie
Name
Dylan
Jesus Christ, are we really pulling up the link of the Inglewood stadium announcement again?

Looks like I need to take another extended break from this.

iced

What leverage does Kroenke need?

Wulf wanted more public money and he got it. Spanos wants public money in San Diego.

you just answered your own question

instead of getting 60 million from the public to upgrade the CVC dome, he could now he get $400 million in public money for a new stadium - doesn't have to be how the riverfront is exactly now; he could easily pour more money into it and have a better stadium at a fraction of what he would he paying to move and build his own. And what did he spend? $2 million maybe to get $340 million less out of his pocket? NFL and owners have been doing this threat for years...not saying its his total endgame - but the threat of leverage has been there regardless.

His ROI could be pretty good here - which is good reason why I don't think Peacock has released the "financial details" that SD has - they're negotiable **=**pure speculation on my part*** (feel like i have to anecdote compared to all the false info being thrown around here)

Last edited:

The Ripper

Starter
Name
Rip
you just answered your own question

instead of getting 60 million from the public to upgrade the CVC dome, he could now he get $400 million in public money for a new stadium - doesn't have to be how the riverfront is exactly now; he could easily pour more money into it and have a better stadium at a fraction of what he would he paying to move and build his own. And what did he spend? $2 million maybe to get $340 million less out of his pocket? NFL and owners have been doing this threat for years...not saying its his total endgame - but the threat of leverage has been there regardless.

His ROI could be pretty good here - which is good reason why I don't think Peacock has released the "financial details" that SD has - they're negotiable **=**pure speculation on my part*** (feel like i have to anecdote compared to all the false info being thrown around here)

The notion of using LA as leverage is just a fallacy. Not one owner that has threatened to go to LA has had a viable stadium or even a temporary one so none of them could even apply for relocation. The threat was only to scare the public.

The rest on the ROI is more than just speculation and it's right on. There has to be a reason why that part of the plan has remained secret since that part is just as important as the financing. The numbers are probably weighted towards Kroenke and I don't think they want that released.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I can understand the sign thing an piss people off. Seems like people are at the tipping point.

I just keep flip flopping. On one hand St. Louis has a stadium plan that gets updated, timelines, railroad collaboration, getting construction set, clearing various legal issues, getting financing almost securing financing, and the Rams seemingly don't have any ill will toward that (compared to San Diego/Oakland and their teams). And with each passing day, there is no news regarding updates to the Stan Kroenke Inglewood site. I mean, if they were really into a new stadium wouldn't it have been updated and tweaked even just a little by now? I mean it's been about 4 months since we first heard that, and nothing to suggest since. No NFL contact, no construction timeline, etc. Instead all we get from the LA area is a San Diego/Chargers bickering contest.

Of course on the other hand, Stan Kroenke could just be waiting to make his move. Literally.

The Ripper

Starter
Name
Rip
I can understand the sign thing an pee pee people off. Seems like people are at the tipping point.

I just keep flip flopping. On one hand St. Louis has a stadium plan that gets updated, timelines, railroad collaboration, getting construction set, clearing various legal issues, getting financing almost securing financing, and the Rams seemingly don't have any ill will toward that (compared to San Diego/Oakland and their teams). And with each passing day, there is no news regarding updates to the Stan Kroenke Inglewood site. I mean, if they were really into a new stadium wouldn't it have been updated and tweaked even just a little by now? I mean it's been about 4 months since we first heard that, and nothing to suggest since. No NFL contact, no construction timeline, etc. Instead all we get from the LA area is a San Diego/Chargers bickering contest.

Of course on the other hand, Stan Kroenke could just be waiting to make his move. Literally.

There's no need for an update since everything is done except for a decision on which team or teams are relocating. They have already completed the construction plans and they're finalizing the permits. The construction timeline is for a planned start date in December.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
There's no need for an update since everything is done except for a decision on which team or teams are relocating. They have already completed the construction plans and they're finalizing the permits. The construction timeline is for a planned start date in December.

Still haven't heard anything official.

Just a bunch of "could bes". And yes, I've read and googled many a link.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
I don't know about this whole leverage thing, but to conclude that SK definitely wants to go to L.A. is just silly to me. Of course we can look at his actions and assume one thing or another, but can any of us 100% say we actually know what he wants? Of course not. I don't think Inglewood is leverage to SK, but I do think he holds it as an option. I also think that his accepting the Riverfront proposal is on the table for him. There was an article written where Howard Balzer put out an article citing a source close to this thing who said that Stan was not 100% in on anything and that his accepting the Stl deal was a legit option that he is considering. I will see if I can find it.

Anyway, we should quit with the absolutes because this thing can go either way at this point. I can tell you now that those of you who think they know what's going to happen actually don't know and you can possibly be setting yourselves up for a let down. However this thing ends, I'm willing to bet that SK is going to act like it is what he wanted the whole time.

The Ripper

Starter
Name
Rip
Still haven't heard anything official.

Just a bunch of "could bes". And yes, I've read and googled many a link.

Mayor Butts has been on the radio multiple times and it has been discussed at the multiple city council meetings.

iced

The notion of using LA as leverage is just a fallacy..

lmao okay

I forgot Kroenke was the first owner to do it in the last 20 years, and that the NFL isn't going to charge other owners give up their leverage

The Ripper

Starter
Name
Rip
I don't know about this whole leverage thing, but to conclude that SK definitely wants to go to L.A. is just silly to me. Of course we can look at his actions and assume one thing or another, but can any of us 100% say we actually know what he wants? Of course not. I don't think Inglewood is leverage to SK, but I do think he holds it as an option. I also think that his accepting the Riverfront proposal is on the table for him. There was an article written where Howard Balzer put out an article citing a source close to this thing who said that Stan was not 100% in on anything and that his accepting the Stl deal was a legit option that he is considering. I will see if I can find it.

Anyway, we should quit with the absolutes because this thing can go either way at this point. I can tell you now that those of you who think they know what's going to happen actually don't know and you can possibly be setting yourselves up for a let down. However this thing ends, I'm willing to bet that SK is going to act like it is what he wanted the whole time.

Good points. Grubman said Stan is keeping all options open.

Status
Not open for further replies.