New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Just the comment on adjacency in Fenton. It was made by Frawley, not Blitz's attorney.
Seems to me the judge was just clarifying that the dome authority is who gets to determine what adjacent is and if they draw the lines to Fenton if that is accurate...I think he was just clarifying that the term adjacent is vague and the RSA has the ability to consider the stadium adjacent just about anywhere.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
looks adjacent to me.
image.jpg

The Ripper

Starter
Name
Rip
57. Mark Davis, Owner, Oakland Raiders
mark-davis-hed.jpg
It was never Mark Davis’ intention to own the Oakland Raiders. That was his dad’s job, and Al Davis was supposed to own the Raiders forever. But when Al Davis died in 2011, the team fell to his son, who had never been groomed to own the team, never put into the ownership pipeline (like Stephen Jones in Dallas or Art Rooney II in Pittsburgh). His first three full seasons haven’t included a return to the glory days—the Raiders are 11-25 since 2012; only Jacksonville (9-27) has been worse—and now he has another headache aside from turning around one of the league’s most storied franchises: Ha has to find a long-term home for the Raiders. Give the 59-year-old Davis credit. He is investigating everything. He is saying all the right things about giving Oakland a chance to keep the team, but there is no way the city will be able to make a competitive stadium bid, and the team can’t stay in dingy old O.co Coliseum. He has investigated San Antonio, and made a tentative deal (with about five very large asterisks denoting “league approval needed”) to share a Los Angeles stadium with the rival Chargers. And, though he doesn’t want to think about it yet, he may end up in talks with St. Louis if the Rams and Chargers end up being the combo platter to share Los Angeles. The L.A. story is going to be the story of the next 12 months. It may not be resolved by the time the Super Bowl rolls around, but there’s little doubt the stage will be set for whatever is going to happen by next winter. Al Davis made a living pitting his franchise against the NFL, perpetually competing for a better deal in some ignominious spots around Los Angeles that never panned out. Though Mark Davis doesn’t have his father’s pedigree, at some point over the next few months he’s going to have to ask himself: WWAD? (What Would Al Do?) He has two big jobs this year: Get the Raiders out of a 12-year slump on the field, and make sure they have a decent option when the music stops in franchise musical chairs, sometime in the next year.

—Peter King (@SI_PeterKing)

The Ripper

Starter
Name
Rip
Based on the tone of just about everything else from the judge, I'm going with my first impression.

Read some of the other tweets, the judge did a good job of going after both. Adjacent may be ambiguous but there's plenty of case law for the judge to make a determination. I suggested a tunnel but a walkway would do the trick for adjacency but he might not rule on that since it wasn't relevant to the city ordinance.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Just the comment on adjacency in Fenton. It was made by Frawley, not Blitz's attorney.
It was a question directed at Blitz's atty. I think probably trying to see what their interpretation of adjacent means within the ability to extend the bonds. Not sure which side that benefits. Is the judge asking because he feels the term "adjacent" is being taken overly broad by the RSA? Or is he asking for reasons of clarity as to how it is actually defined by the RSA? Don't know.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
It was a question directed at Blitz's atty. I think probably trying to see what their interpretation of adjacent means within the ability to extend the bonds. Not sure which side that benefits. Is the judge asking because he feels the term "adjacent" is being taken overly broad by the RSA? Or is he asking for reasons of clarity as to how it is actually defined by the RSA? Don't know.

Gotcha, just misunderstood your initial comment.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Just for informational purposes to those who don't live here, Fenton is about 20-30 minutes outside St Louis depending on traffic. I make it in about 15, but I work midnights and it's smooth sailing on the road.

rams2050

Starter
FYI, Fenton is also where the Chrysler plant once was located, where many of us envisioned the new stadium would be erected . . . by KROENKE!

boy, were we wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.