New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iced

Looks like from that list every other team would have a lower % of seats sold if they played in Dodger Stadium too. Are we really going to get in a debate on which fans support their teams more? Seriously?

I'm not getting into that debate - I'm just purely sick of hearing about St.Louis and its sports teams vs another...

we're like the bra for an anorexic - whether or not you can worth it, we'll still support you

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
already been posted back a few pages
And it came directly from someone within the NFL - not just a conclusion by someone like Bernie? I find that hard to believe but if I missed it, I'm sure someone can provide the link.

iced

And it came directly from someone within the NFL - not just a conclusion by someone like Bernie? I find that hard to believe but if I missed it, I'm sure someone can provide the link.

at the same token, lets not act like statements from the NFL don't get brushed aside either...

but Like everything else on here that is quoted (or extremely lack there of for some posters) : it came from some magical source

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm not getting into that debate - I'm just purely sick of hearing about St.Louis and its sports teams vs another...

we're like the bra for an anorexic - whether or not you can worth it, we'll still support you
Let it go. I already got rid of most of the crap this centers around. This was started by someone flinging poo at the LA fan base. Let it be done.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
at the same token, lets not act like statements from the NFL don't get brushed aside either...

but Like everything else on here that is quoted (or extremely lack there of for some posters) : it came from some magical source
In other words - it wasn't from someone within the NFL.

iced

In other words - it wasn't from someone within the NFL.

Again, scroll back. The article it was quoted in apparently is just as credible to others..

Then again think that many on here don't really care what the NFL says, Grubman says, etc.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Again, scroll back. The article it was quoted in apparently is just as credible to others..

Then again think that many on here don't really care what the NFL says, Grubman says, etc.

I scrolled back, and can't see anything that is an NFL source saying it, just Bernie saying it. Unless you're talking about something else, then you'll need to link it for me. The NFL has been pretty quiet for the most part, its typically been "well some are saying this." But nothing from the NFL itself about Kroenke "not working with St Louis".

I mean, other than the fact the statement is completely false, I don't see why the NFL would say that. St Louis says it for sympathy votes, but the NFL knows they are actually talking. Hell the task force themselves have said it.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

You know I'm not going to do a search for something that may or may not exist on who knows what page. You are free to question any assertion others make and you have done exactly that on many occasions. Either they can produce the evidence or they can't. I'm not going to try to police that. But I have and will continue to question assertions I find lack credibility no matter who they come from.

I will also rid this thread of crap that is only intended to provoke fights or stir shit up. I generally then go on to delete most responses and anything that continues the infighting. Hell - I even deleted some posts from a moderator earlier today. He was cool with it as I explained why but I don't take sides here. If it is just intended to provoke, I will say or do something about it.

The only people thus far that I have permanently blocked from this thread have been posters pushing the LA agenda with no regard for the St Louis fans. If anything, I tend to lean toward the St Louis fans because that is where the Rams currently call home and that is who might actually lose our team. I am far more empathetic with how they must feel even though I lived through the move from LA.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Who else is there?

Good Point! Didn't think of that, but he has tried to reach out to ESK to no avail, so @blue4 there is no one else! In the words of Gilbert O'Sullivan Governor Nixon is alone again, Naturally!

tonyl711

Starter
Looks like from that list every other team would have a lower % of seats sold if they played in Dodger Stadium too. Are we really going to get in a debate on which fans support their teams more? Seriously?
totally agree, the Cardinals and Dodgers both draw well, we need to leave the "were better fans" BS out of this, this isnt about the fans and the fans will have nothing to do with how it plays out, especially BASEBALL fans, i really doubt that they are discussing baseball attendance at the owners meetings. we are all fans otherwise we wouldnt be here.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
totally agree, the Cardinals and Dodgers both draw well, we need to leave the "were better fans" BS out of this, this isnt about the fans and the fans will have nothing to do with how it plays out, especially BASEBALL fans, i really doubt that they are discussing baseball attendance at the owners meetings. we are all fans otherwise we wouldnt be here.
I concur great fans in St. Louis & in Los Angeles, it's unfortunate like always that fans are stuck in the middle!

iced

You know I'm not going to do a search for something that may or may not exist on who knows what page. You are free to question any assertion others make and you have done exactly that on many occasions. Either they can produce the evidence or they can't. I'm not going to try to police that. But I have and will continue to question assertions I find lack credibility no matter who they come from.

I will also rid this thread of crap that is only intended to provoke fights or stir crap up. I generally then go on to delete most responses and anything that continues the infighting. Hell - I even deleted some posts from a moderator earlier today. He was cool with it as I explained why but I don't take sides here. If it is just intended to provoke, I will say or do something about it.

The only people thus far that I have permanently blocked from this thread have been posters pushing the LA agenda with no regard for the St Louis fans. If anything, I tend to lean toward the St Louis fans because that is where the Rams currently call home and that is who might actually lose our team. I am far more empathetic with how they must feel even though I lived through the move from LA.

Found the article

lol sorry about last night, had quite a few and holding back all that sarcasm was getting a bit painful :D:cool:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...les-nfl-teams-dueling-stadium-plans/28070227/

Ganis said this could work against Kroenke because "it's well-known among the owners that he has not engaged in an active way with the St. Louis parties.

Last edited:

Moostache

Rookie
I concur great fans in St. Louis & in Los Angeles, it's unfortunate like always that fans are stuck in the middle!

Great...now I have the image of Vic Vega dancing around with a cop's ear singing that song stuck in my mind!!

WARNING!! GRAPHIC VIDEO!!!

If you don't like Tarantino (or even care who he is), best bet is to NOT play the video...

I'm feeling more like the cop in the chair than anything else these days when it comes to this whole mess...

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
If you don't like Tarantino (or even care who he is), best bet is to NOT play the video...

I was under the impression that everybody liked Tarantino, even Mr. Pink!
steve-buscemi-mr-pink.jpg

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

The Ripper

Starter
Name
Rip
Interesting the only NFL team I can see reported that he's consulted for is the Rams on the Inglewood stadium. The rest of his resume seems to be baseball and basketball.

He also worked for the Raiders but there was an issue and he was released. Gannis also worked on the Heinz Field, not sure if it was for the Rooney's or Pittsburgh.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
lol sorry about last night, had quite a few and holding back all that sarcasm was getting a bit painful :D:cool:
I kinda figured something like that was up. No problem man. We gotta all have thick skins on this issue.

As far as Mark Ganis goes, I've asked it before. What exactly did he do in the Rams move from LA and what has he actually done in any of the other cases? The guy is an enigma. I can't say he has no inside info but I have serious doubts. His company has zero presence on the internet so you can't actually look up anything about them besides that he is the president and CEO and that he is based out of Chicago.

Honestly? I doubt he knows anything about the relationship Stan OR Spanos have with other owners or anyone else in the NFL. I very much doubt that anyone - be it NFL owners or the likes of Goodhell or Grubman has told him anything about how engaged Stan has been with the folks in St Louis. I get the feeling this is a guy who has trumped up his credentials so that he can get his name in print and garner a few speaking engagements.

The guy is just too fishy. Go ahead and try to find anything that says what he has actually done in any of these sports dealings. Maybe I just haven't tried hard enough but I spent a fair amount of time last time his name was dropped and I couldn't find anything but vague references like "he helped" or "was involved" or "worked on". My bullshit meter is buzzing hard with this dude.

All that said, I'm not saying that I know Stan has been working diligently with St Louis - nor can I say that he has seriously engaged KD in that effort. I simply don't know. I have read statements from Peacock that lean both ways and Grubman may be toting the company line when he says Stan has been working with St Louis.

Status
Not open for further replies.