New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goose

GoosesGanders
Name
Goose
Goose. It was supposed to be a tongue in cheek joke. The cheek part pointing at a possible clue in our seemslikeitwillneverend saga.

Hacksaw I cannot apologize enough. That was suppose to be "I'm not saying you in particular". Please excuse my poor proof reading skills. I do not have a problem with you or your option on this topic. Again please accept my apologize

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
Having a two hour flight between your practice facility and where you play your games can be done but it's not preferred. It's not only the players and coaches that will need to be ferried back and forth but the staff and the trainers. You will need to move mountains of people and stuff back and forth. The players will bitch and moan the most. No one likes to fly more than necessary these days.

If I were a Raider fan living in Oakland I'd be very happy today...

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Sorry man but I gotta disagree. Spanos has been somewhat doing that for a decade and a half. As much as I'd like to agree, I really do believe without the pressure tactic that Stan put down, there would be no headway at this point. I still think Stan saw the writing on the wall with how the city and CVC were reacting and decided he wasn't going to wait around pleading.

Just wondering, how many other teams ended up having the Governor step in and form a task force because the city wasn't getting things done? Maybe others but I don't recall hearing about them.

Well, we won't ever know for sure will we? Because he didn't try. Because he had no desire to. He got a arbitration decision against the management of the dome and moved on. He didn't see how the city reacted. I can see your point somewhat on the speed. We probably wouldn't be this far so fast without the threat. Of course, I can run a mile faster if someone holds a gun to my head and threatens me too. Doesn't mean I couldn't have finished the mile without the threat, nor does it make it right.

And this may be just me, I doubt I'd feel differently on this if I lived in any city, but maybe a billionaire should have to ask a bit before getting stadiums built. After all, he's only owned the team outright a measly 3 years. And he's just now even eligible to move. There are schools and libraries that can't get built in that time frame.

But anyway, that's water under the bridge. I was just expressing my jealousy over the Raiders being so reasonable.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
That's part of the problem, if the owners wont budge on the G4 loan for relocation, then Carson is off the table too, as it requires BOTH teams getting that loan.

Which means only Inglewood is left, and that basically means Stan has a free path to LA.

The only loophole I can see to get around that is the NFL diverting most of the relocation fees to Davis to pay for a move, but that seems rather unlikely.

I agree. If the G4 isn't modified only Inglewood remains for LA. And the bylaws are STLs only hope.

bylaws.jpg

bluecoconuts

Legend
Having a two hour flight between your practice facility and where you play your games can be done but it's not preferred. It's not only the players and coaches that will need to be ferried back and forth but the staff and the trainers. You will need to move mountains of people and stuff back and forth. The players will bitch and moan the most. No one likes to fly more than necessary these days.

If I were a Raider fan living in Oakland I'd be very happy today...

Could just use it for a training camp thing as well. Also in the grand scheme of things it may not mean much. I mean it's a good sign that they want to stay in Oakland, but they could still easily pack up and move.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Could just use it for a training camp thing as well. Also in the grand scheme of things it may not mean much. I mean it's a good sign that they want to stay in Oakland, but they could still easily pack up and move.

Showing signs of a thought process beyond this year is a good thing.

Also, I saw that Del Rio is a driver behind this. He's kind of like a Jeff Fisher to me. Knows how to instill attitude and build talent. Oakland should get their shit together, they could have something there. New stadium, practice facility, NFL level head coach.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
Yes you're right. But it's a good sign for the fans in Oakland. Heck If it were announced today that the Rams have broken ground on a new practice facility in St Louis you wouldn't be able to find a keg of suds in the whole state of Missouri... :D

Hacksaw

ROCK HARD STUD
Hacksaw I cannot apologize enough. That was suppose to be "I'm not saying you in particular". Please excuse my poor proof reading skills. I do not have a problem with you or your option on this topic. Again please accept my apologize

It's always good brother Goose,,, , ever since you bought me that beer after I tripped the bouncer who you hit with the tomato when I put the mic back in the stand.. lol

Truthfully, as disappointed as I'd be if the team didn't come back, you are one of the guys that I will be so happy for that it would soften the blow.

UDFA
Chargers met with mayor & county supervisor yesterday in SD. Mreting described as positive.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Sorry man but I gotta disagree. Spanos has been somewhat doing that for a decade and a half. As much as I'd like to agree, I really do believe without the pressure tactic that Stan put down, there would be no headway at this point. I still think Stan saw the writing on the wall with how the city and CVC were reacting and decided he wasn't going to wait around pleading.

Just wondering, how many other teams ended up having the Governor step in and form a task force because the city wasn't getting things done? Maybe others but I don't recall hearing about them.
Don't know about Spanos and just know what was put in writing about the CVC and Kroenke's negotiation and what was put out there was that the Ram's proposal was to have the city do 700 million in improvements with no input from the team, money wise! A very one sided proposal I'd say! No surprise the CVC said no thanks! Obviously, Kroenke can build his own stadium in LA! He served notice back then that he didn't want to put any money into a STL stadium, it seems!

The Ripper

Starter
Name
Rip
I don't recall Grubman or anyone else from the NFL saying that G4 monies could be used for LA. Do you have a link to the story? I know several reporters have somehow made that link but I don't know that the NFL itself actually did.

Here's an article from February. I believe Grubman said it on a few the radio interviews but I can't confirm that right now.

The teams would be eligible to borrow $200 million each from the NFL’s G4 stadium fund, Fabiani said.

“A stadium project can be eligible for league financing provided the project and its sponsors meet certain criteria,” NFL senior vice president Eric Grubman told the Register on Friday. “A Carson project would be eligible and could apply if it met those criteria.”

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/stadium-651853-raiders-carson.html

bluecoconuts

Legend
Here's an article from February. I believe Grubman said it on a few the radio interviews but I can't confirm that right now.

The teams would be eligible to borrow $200 million each from the NFL’s G4 stadium fund, Fabiani said.

“A stadium project can be eligible for league financing provided the project and its sponsors meet certain criteria,” NFL senior vice president Eric Grubman told the Register on Friday. “A Carson project would be eligible and could apply if it met those criteria.”

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/stadium-651853-raiders-carson.html

Its weird that he said that, because according to the rules it doesn't meet those criteria. Unless Spanos were to successfully argue that LA is part of his own market (stupid) then HE could get the G4 loan.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

It's always good brother Goose,,, , ever since you bought me that beer after I tripped the bouncer who you hit with the tomato when I put the mic back in the stand.. lol

Truthfully, as disappointed as I'd be if the team didn't come back, you are one of the guys that I will be so happy for that it would soften the blow.

Gentlemen great exchanged I am proud to call both of you my Ram Brothers!

Hacksaw

ROCK HARD STUD
This is big news that is being way under-reported, I think.some people here in town now believe MV is a go.
Oh that Poway. So are there any local rags reporting this? No link by OP.
So I looked online and nada. ?

Good to have you at ground zero though. Keeps us up on the local scuttle if you will.

The Ripper

Starter
Name
Rip
Its weird that he said that, because according to the rules it doesn't meet those criteria. Unless Spanos were to successfully argue that LA is part of his own market (stupid) then HE could get the G4 loan.

That's one thing they can't do. No team has a claim on LA. It's a secondary market but not an extended market for the Chargers.

Hacksaw

ROCK HARD STUD
NFL has to bend bylaws to fund G4 loan to Charaiders in Los Angeles.

“A stadium project can be eligible for league financing provided the project and its sponsors meet certain criteria,” NFL senior vice president Eric Grubman told the Register on Friday. “A Carson project would be eligible and could apply if it met those criteria.

Which it doesn't. And Spanos is dreaming if he thinks he has any stake in LA.

Last edited:

The Ripper

Starter
Name
Rip
NFL has to bend bylaws to fund G4 loan to Charaiders in Los Angeles.

“A stadium project can be eligible for league financing provided the project and its sponsors meet certain criteria,” NFL senior vice president Eric Grubman told the Register on Friday. “A Carson project would be eligible and could apply if it met those criteria.

Which it doesn't. And Spanos is dreaming if he thinks he has anything LA.

Technically they would relocate to LA first then apply for the G4 loan after LA became their home markets. The NFL has an exception to every bylaw and policy that applies to the owners.

UDFA
Not to insult anyone, but I think the discussion of which criteria G4 loans, etc, need is fruitless.
The rules can change in an instant if the NFL deems it necessary.
It's not like the government issues in all these situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.