New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacksaw

ROCK HARD STUD
Technically they would relocate to LA first then apply for the G4 loan after LA became their home markets. The NFL has an exception to every bylaw and policy that applies to the owners.
An exception and another way to read it.
A bit risky if ESK was really pissed.. Charaiders go to temp stadiums and then get the financing done. It could happen.
Charaiders financing leverage goes out the window,,, not that they have much..

Hacksaw

ROCK HARD STUD
Not to insult anyone, but I think the discussion of which criteria G4 loans, etc, need is fruitless.
The rules can change in an instant if the NFL deems it necessary.
It's not like the government issues in all these situations.
Hey man. Whachu talkin bout !!

Very likely true. This is a big situation and they are going to mold it the way it suits them best.

BTW, thx for the SD link !

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It's not like the government issues in all these situations.

Obama_shocked_face.jpg

bluecoconuts

Legend
Technically they would relocate to LA first then apply for the G4 loan after LA became their home markets. The NFL has an exception to every bylaw and policy that applies to the owners.

That's an interesting loophole, it would still violate the spirit of the move, but they could swing it. If that was the goal then the Raiders would be able to do that in order to move to St Louis, should the Rams move to Inglewood and Oakland remain unable to get anything done.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The NFL has an exception to every bylaw and policy that applies to the owners.
This really seems to be the problem in all scenarios making them almost all viable and at the same time not. Makes you wonder sometimes why the NFL even has any specificity to their bylaws.

The Ripper

Starter
Name
Rip
This really seems to be the problem in all scenarios making them almost all viable and at the same time not. Makes you wonder sometimes why the NFL even has any specificity to their bylaws.

The bylaws are for the most part a gentleman's agreement between the owners that they can vote to change at anytime. The other problem with the bylaws is that they don't update them to reflect changes in the marketplace or even when the courts rule them to be invalid. A perfect example is the cross ownership bylaw. The courts threw the old rules out in 1980 and it took 17 years to change them. The old rules didn't allow for any cross ownership which caused issues with a couple of owners and one potential owner. It was changed but at the time MLS didn't meet the standard "other major league" which it does today. The the bylaw is not just about ownership but control so the league is looking to address the issue because they can't come down one one owner and not another who controls an MLS team in a different market. The other issue is the 3/4 vote which has been found to be too restrictive but has remained unchanged for 30 years.

The only bylaws that have to be enforced are the ones that relate to the CBA which G4 does.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The bylaws are for the most part a gentleman's agreement between the owners that they can vote to change at anytime. The other problem with the bylaws is that they don't update them to reflect changes in the marketplace or even when the courts rule them to be invalid. A perfect example is the cross ownership bylaw. The courts threw the old rules out in 1980 and it took 17 years to change them. The old rules didn't allow for any cross ownership which caused issues with a couple of owners and one potential owner. It was changed but at the time MLS didn't meet the standard "other major league" which it does today. The the bylaw is not just about ownership but control so the league is looking to address the issue because they can't come down one one owner and not another who controls an MLS team in a different market. The other issue is the 3/4 vote which has been found to be too restrictive but has remained unchanged for 30 years.

The only bylaws that have to be enforced are the ones that relate to the CBA which G4 does.

I believe that is a different G4 but not positive on that. Agreed though on the rest and the cross ownership rule is a perfect example to bring up. I posted earlier in this thread somewhat of an evolution of it and how it has changed not only in definition but also even intent. At this point, it is virtually meaningless.

Hacksaw

ROCK HARD STUD
I believe that is a different G4 but not positive on that. Agreed though on the rest and the cross ownership rule is a perfect example to bring up.
How many G4's are there? Interesting point about them being enforceable under the CBA (if correct). There would be far less flexibility in Carson if the P.U. was opposed.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
How many G4's are there?
Dunno but I thought I saw where someone was quoting a G4 before and when I went into the bylaws, it was a different one that was totally unrelated. I could be just remembering wrong though, this thread IS over 300 pages now.

The Ripper

Starter
Name
Rip
Dunno but I thought I saw where someone was quoting a G4 before and when I went into the bylaws, it was a different one that was totally unrelated. I could be just remembering wrong though, this thread IS over 300 pages now.

Yes, there are a few other G-4 resolutions in the bylaws but they don't relate to the loan program. The G4 loan program was adapted from the old G3 when the new CBA was approved. The only difference is the amounts. G4 for is addressed in the CBA because the G4 funds are revenues of the league that would otherwise by shared with the players.

The one your probably thinking of is 1995 Resolution G-4 which is the Rams relocation to St Louis

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yes, there are a few other G-4 resolutions in the bylaws but they don't relate to the loan program. The G4 loan program was adapted from the old G3 when the new CBA was approved. The only difference is the amounts. G4 for is addressed in the CBA because the G4 funds are revenues of the league that would otherwise by shared with the players.

Never really thought about how the G4 might relate to the players through the CBA. Interesting. Even though it sounds a bit like a comingling of funds nightmare, I suppose in a way it makes sense. Do you know where to find that wording? I always like seeing how they wordsmith these things. So much of it gives the NFL multiple loopholes.

The one your probably thinking of is 1995 Resolution G-4 which is the Rams relocation to St Louis

I think you're right.

The Ripper

Starter
Name
Rip
Never really thought about how the G4 might relate to the players through the CBA. Interesting. Even though it sounds a bit like a comingling of funds nightmare, I suppose in a way it makes sense. Do you know where to find that wording? I always like seeing how they wordsmith these things. So much of it gives the NFL multiple loopholes.

I think you're right.

Here's the CBA. The stadium credits start on page 76.

http://thesportsesquires.com/wp-con...collective-bargaining-agreement-2011-2020.pdf

iced

That sneaky Ozzie newsome - I bet he's looking to move to Phillie now! :cool::D

Eagles, Ravens to practice in Philadelphia in August
Posted by Mike Wilkening on May 9, 2015, 6:06 PM EDT
cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptg0mtk1ntcyndkyztkwmtk4mtzmmgvjmdllmtmynda5-e1431209076886.jpeg
Getty Images
The Ravens and Eagles will practice together in Philadelphia leading up to the Saturday, August 22 exhibition game between the clubs at Lincoln Financial Field, the Ravens said Saturday on their website.

Ravens coach John Harbaugh said Baltimore would travel to Philadelphia on Wednesday, August 19, the team said.

The Eagles staged joint practices with the Patriots last summer, while the Ravens and 49ers worked out in advance of their preseason game.

The Eagles and Ravens don’t play in the regular season, which perhaps makes it easier to hold practices without worrying too much about tipping strategy. What’s more, numerous players in the workouts won’t be with the clubs by the time the regular season starts.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptg0mtk1ntcyndkyztkwmtk4mtzmmgvjmdllmtmynda5-e1431209076886.jpeg
Getty Images
The Ravens and Eagles will practice together in Philadelphia leading up to the Saturday, August 22 exhibition game between the clubs at Lincoln Financial Field, the Ravens said Saturday on their website.

Ravens coach John Harbaugh said Baltimore would travel to Philadelphia on Wednesday, August 19, the team said.

The Eagles staged joint practices with the Patriots last summer, while the Ravens and 49ers worked out in advance of their preseason game.

The Eagles and Ravens don’t play in the regular season, which perhaps makes it easier to hold practices without worrying too much about tipping strategy. What’s more, numerous players in the workouts won’t be with the clubs by the time the regular season starts.

That BASTARD!!!

UDFA

Getty Images

Did that cheesy owner buy land in Philly & present plans to build a stadium there to the league?

Cmon... Keep it real.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Did that cheesy owner buy land in Philly & present plans to build a stadium there to the league?

Cmon... Keep it real.
Cmon man. A little levity here is almost required at times. Iced isn't exactly giving Stan a hall pass in this thread. You may want to read back pages a bit.

iced

Cmon... Keep it real.

I am - it's not uncommon for teams to play each other in the preseason.

People act like its a sudden conspiracy that the Rams are practicing with the cowboys yet conveniently forget we did the same thing with the titans a couple of years ago

so yea, keep it real.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I am - it's not uncommon for teams to play each other in the preseason.

People act like its a sudden conspiracy that the Rams are practicing with the cowboys yet conveniently forget we did the same thing with the titans a couple of years ago

so yea, keep it real.

I totally forgot about the plans to build a stadium in Tennessee.

Status
Not open for further replies.