New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dick84

Yea I wouldn't say I know he wants to move as a fact - definitely wanted to get a better deal than what he had though. Easiest way to get what you want is to make a credible threat in this instance
Okay.
I think having multiple architects and engineers working on a project for months speaks to different intentions when combined with the other factors. And.. again... the people who cover this team regularly all believe he wants to move.
Basically, if you believe that he's done all this for leverage.... it's what you believe.
I've seen nothing, at this point, to make me think it's a leverage play. The leverage created by his initial push may lead to a more attractive second option (Stl in a new stadium), but his first option is that project in Inglewood.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Rams stay in St. Louis (if) and IMO I would hire Dave Peacock in any capacity. Kroenke would be able to regain respect instantly if he hires Peacock as team president. Demoff can still be VP of football operations and handle the cap, but Peacock should oversee all aspects of the team including marketing and add a uniform change and the Rams would not be number 31 anymore.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I think this stadium looks better at this point. It really is beautiful, IMO. The one thing Inglewood has over it for me is the roof with the advertisements on it. Other than that, this one wins hands down to me.
I disagree on that stadium, I think its rather ugly and ungainly. I have nothing against it, in fact I want to to succeed so that the rams stay in st louis but I just dont think it looks good.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I disagree on that stadium, I think its rather ugly and ungainly. I have nothing against it, in fact I want to to succeed so that the rams stay in st louis but I just dont think it looks good.

I concur, but oh boy does that stadium down by the river looks like palace and what an opportunity to actually tailgate! And not taking anything away from the palatial venue in Inglewood, either way the Rams are very fortunate. Now it's time to start winning some football games.

Goose

GoosesGanders
Name
Goose
Rams COO on STLNFL Task Force and Kroenke’s Interest in St. Louis

ST. LOUIS (KMOX)
(UPDATED 8:17 a.m.) The St. Louis Rams Chief Operating Officer is praising the St. Louis NFL Task Force’s presentation before the NFL’s Los Angeles Committee this week.

But will it be enough to keep the team from heading west after the upcoming season?

“I think it’s probably foolish to try to handicap the outcome,” says Rams COO Kevin Demoff.

Demoff says with so much uncertain about what’s happening in LA, San Diego, Oakland and here in St. Louis, no one knows what’s going to happen.

He tells KMOX the Rams are working with the local task force, and on Rams owner Stan Kroenke’s planned stadium in Inglewood.

So is Kroenke willing to help finance a new stadium here?

“Overall, we’re a long way from understanding what the final options are,” Demoff says. “We’ll evaluate that as we move forward and we see the plans and the options. I don’t think anything is off the table as at this point”

When asked if Kroenke has any interest in keeping his team in St. Louis, Demoff said, “I think all owners have an interest in keeping their team in a home market.”

Listen to Demoff’s entire interview with Brian Kelly below:

Rams COO Kevin Demoff
NewsRadio 1120 KMOX
play

Our previous reporting (from Thursday, April 23) is as follows:

They’re coming back from New York City today, so how did the St. Louis Stadium Task Force’s presentation to NFL owners go Wednesday?

A statement from the task force simply said: “We were honored to be invited and will continue to proceed on the path we’re on.”

Dave Peacock is expected to outline Friday how the meeting went and what was said.

One of those on the Los Angeles committee is Patriots owner Robert Kraft.

Last month he said, “I think we have to be very careful and responsible to different markets who really step up and do what they want to do.”

And if they do, he said, then the NFL has a responsibility to make sure they have a team.

Representatives from the Chargers and Raiders also made a presentation, but regarding their proposed stadium in Carson, Calif. near Los Angeles. There was also a presentation on Stan Kroenke’s stadium in Inglewood, California.

(TM and Copyright 2015 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2015 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2015/04/23/st-louis-plan-for-riverfront-stadium-presented-to-nfl-owners/

beej

Rookie
I love this stadium plan. I like the wide open entrance at either end, the traffic flow, the availability of tailgating space. To be honest, I don't really pay much attention to fancy facials like TV screens and the like. To me its more about the crowds of people being loud and into it, easy access in and out, being able to stand and cheer without being told to sit down, and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, that it's an outside venue.

It's a heck of a proposal. I just can't imagine that a team could be allowed to leave a city who has put together a proposal like that and is saying, straight up, if you stay we'll build that for you and we don't even want ownership of your team. contribute a 1/4 of what your putting in to that other stadium and it's a done deal. It feels like a no-brainer to me.

Now if the NFL tries to throw Saint Louis a bone by letting the Rams leave and somehow forcing Mark Davis to move to a city he doesn't want to be in, that's not an easy sell for me as a fan. I don't care about how bad they've been up to now, but I would need commitment to the city and the people. For me it would require a severing of ties with everything "Oakland" including the name of the team, possibly team colors. I'm not rooting for a RENT-A-TEAM, and I'm not rooting for a team that is only staying until their hometown gets things figured out. If that's the new NFL, they've lost me.

Which leads me to think about if the Rams are forced to stay and Kroenke owns them. I would guess that would be a 30 year lease. add that to the 20 years they've already been here, and it finally feels a lot more secure. If the only outcome of all Kroenke's shenanigans is that Saint Louis got this new stadium. I could live with that.

RamBill

Legend
Kevin Demoff of the St. Louis Rams joins 920AM, guessing his middle name, ticket sales at the point, expecting better picture by June, trying to sell tickets during very tough PR time, the last interview we had with Kevin last October, reports coming out soon after, breaking down the meaning of the word ‘active’, have always said that we’re going to leave our options open, would’ve been easier to conduct business if arbitration went differently, impressed with STL Stadium Task Force, not sure anyone can answer what will happen at this point, need keep seeing more work from the local task force as well as the development in Los Angeles, absolutely possible Rams will be playing in STL in 2016, plus much more.....

Listen to Demoff Interview

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I think the Inglewood stadium looks like a cross between a parking garage and a public swim pool. I think everything around it is really sharp and is great concept for a stadium. Just the thing itself does absolutely nothing for me.

...and that isn't because I'm a St. Louis guy.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I love this stadium plan. I like the wide open entrance at either end, the traffic flow, the availability of tailgating space. To be honest, I don't really pay much attention to fancy facials like TV screens and the like. To me its more about the crowds of people being loud and into it, easy access in and out, being able to stand and cheer without being told to sit down, and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, that it's an outside venue.

It's a heck of a proposal. I just can't imagine that a team could be allowed to leave a city who has put together a proposal like that and is saying, straight up, if you stay we'll build that for you and we don't even want ownership of your team. contribute a 1/4 of what your putting in to that other stadium and it's a done deal. It feels like a no-brainer to me.

Now if the NFL tries to throw Saint Louis a bone by letting the Rams leave and somehow forcing Mark Davis to move to a city he doesn't want to be in, that's not an easy sell for me as a fan. I don't care about how bad they've been up to now, but I would need commitment to the city and the people. For me it would require a severing of ties with everything "Oakland" including the name of the team, possibly team colors. I'm not rooting for a RENT-A-TEAM, and I'm not rooting for a team that is only staying until their hometown gets things figured out. If that's the new NFL, they've lost me.

Which leads me to think about if the Rams are forced to stay and Kroenke owns them. I would guess that would be a 30 year lease. add that to the 20 years they've already been here, and it finally feels a lot more secure. If the only outcome of all Kroenke's shenanigans is that Saint Louis got this new stadium. I could live with that.

But wouldn't any team be a 30 year lease? If so any new team like the Raiders would be here 10 years longer than the Rams at a minimum.

There's no way they are going to sever the name or the colors.

To be honest because of stadium limitations we have been rooting for Rent a Teams. The Cardinals, Rams were/are only as committed to the city as long as they had a good deal. We build this stadium, which is designed to be a city landmark for 50 plus years, and the team that is lucky enough to be here for that will be the first team we aren't going to be sweating leaving. After all, people have been worried about losing the Rams for 5 years prior to this. So I just look at it like that. Once I changed my focus from losing the Rams to rooting for the stadium I realized that STL is going to win no matter what as long as we do what we need to. I hope like hell it's the Rams who stay here, but with this beautiful stadium and arch grounds I will root for any team that buys in.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
It's kinda funny that now that the owner's meetings are done that Demoff is in PR mode now. I'm pissed that he couldn't throw us a bone a little before this, but I understand that he had to avoid these questions until the pitches were made. It just seems like it's been forever since we heard anything from him.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Anytime Kevin starts an answer to a question with, "I think anytime..." you know its going to be some disingenuous spin. I get why he's doing it. But it is what it is.

rams2050

Starter
All Stan has really 'invested' in the Inglewood project are the costs of the architectural renderings, the architects' fees, the other pre-construction development details that he HAD to have done, AND any greasing of the Inglewood palms that was required to keep the city council and mayor on board with the project.

The site itself? Can ALWAYS be developed for something, even if it is not, ultimately, a football stadium.

Stan is a DEVELOPER. It is what he does. He can display 'renderings' until the cows come home but that doesn't mean that those renderings actually depict what will eventually be sited on that particular parcel of land.

So, I have to disagree with dick84. At this point, no one REALLY KNOWS what Kroenke is up to. He might, indeed, want to move to LA, or he might want to stay in St. Louis.

He has money enough to do any damned thing he pleases -- up to and including spending $20 million of his own money, which is a pittance for guys like him, to put the fear of God in the hearts of St. Louis fans, Missouri politicians, and others with a vested interest in keeping the Rams in St. Louis.

I think Kroenke would consider it 'money well spent' if he gets what he wants when he wants it.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
All Stan has really 'invested' in the Inglewood project are the costs of the architectural renderings, the architects' fees, the other pre-construction development details that he HAD to have done, AND any greasing of the Inglewood palms that was required to keep the city council and mayor on board with the project.

I think it's important to remember that even to go this far there has to be legitimate interest in building a stadium on the site, otherwise you don't go that far. He really wants a stadium there, he just hasn't made up his mind on what his final landing place will be.

V3

Hall of Fame
IMO if Stan keeps the Rams here in St Louis, hurt feelings would heal pretty quickly as most would think it was just a leverage thing.
The hate for Stan would never leave. Fans would just want him to continue keeping his mouth shut and not be seen.

V3

Hall of Fame
The more I look at this, the more I really don't like it. Sorry, just being honest. I think it looks like the ceiling of my elementary school's gym. Horrible(worst in the NFL) video screens, no unique features at all, unbalanced, and skeletal. I know people aren't going to agree with me but I've slept on it and looked again and I'm really disappointed.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
The more I look at this, the more I really don't like it. Sorry, just being honest. I think it looks like the ceiling of my elementary school's gym. Horrible(worst in the NFL) video screens, no unique features at all, unbalanced, and skeletal. I know people aren't going to agree with me but I've slept on it and looked again and I'm really disappointed.
Really? I actually liked it. I liked it more than the Inglewood stadium design.

beej

Rookie
I agree with what you said about disagreeing with you. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.