New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dick84

Hmmmmmm.... .not banned here.
Will continue to be calm and respectful..

Noticed in the Farmer LA Times article he said that Inglewood is significantly ahead.
We also know that Stan wants to move.

What's next in the Chess game?

I can't see Stan letting Carson catch up, to be honest... so I expect him to make the next move.

I would ask the people on this board why they think the league would reward the Raiders with LA? The worst run org with an ownership shambles that has run rogue in the Davis name a couple of times... and.. you're giving them LA? A market they contaminated with marketing to gangs?

I still don't see that.

I do see the league fighting hard for Spanos.

beej

Rookie

Noticed in the Farmer LA Times article he said that Inglewood is significantly ahead.

I can't see Stan letting Carson catch up, to be honest... so I expect him to make the next move.

I would ask the people on this board why they think the league would reward the Raiders with LA? The worst run org with an ownership shambles that has run rogue in the Davis name a couple of times... and.. you're giving them LA? A market they contaminated with marketing to gangs?

I still don't see that.

I'm not sure why you'd reward them with saint louis? This is a great city with genuinely good loyal people. I don't follow the logic?

bluecoconuts

Legend

I still don't see that.

I think they would want to reward Spanos more than Davis, but they need each other to make Carson work. If Spanos agrees to bunk in Inglewood with Kroenke instead, my guess is they would happily take that.

If Spanos and Kroenke would agree. Otherwise I'm thinking money will be what talks.

Dick84

I'm not sure why you'd reward them with saint louis? This is a great city with genuinely good loyal people. I don't follow the logic?
Totally get your point and you're 100% right.
But if they fear a fight and if Stan is truly out front.. what measures can they take to ameliorate the situation? To salvage it?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Politicians have a habit of adding on unrelated things to bills at the last second in order to sneak things in (knowing that most of the time it wont get read in full), so they can get their way.
Even worse. You ever heard of a gut and stuff? That's when the politicians get a bill # attached to a proposed bill then gut it and stuff it. In other words, they may have started with a bill that was for services for the elderly and by the time they're done have tiny parts that have to do with elderly while most of the bill might be to fund bike lanes. Watching sausage being made has got nothing on laws these days. It's disgusting.

ramfaninsd

UDFA
Hey dick84 good to join you here. I got banned a couple days ago, i said you probably got banned coz nick and thinker could not compete with your analytical skills so they reported you as an la troll and a few hours later poof banned. Site admin said moderator put no reason but that was my only post of the day.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Hey dick84 good to join you here. I got banned a couple days ago, i said you probably got banned coz nick and thinker could not compete with your analytical skills so they reported you as an la troll and a few hours later poof banned. Site admin said moderator put no reason but that was my only post of the day.
And you are both welcome here as long as you are respectful to all members here. Dick84 - you hit it right on the head - no pun intended. o_O

This thread is the only thread on ROD that deals with possible relocation and stadium issues. Do not try to start others - just post here.

The main point to keep in mind is that we won't allow anyone to troll EITHER fan base. As long as that is understood, welcome aboard.

ramfaninsd

UDFA
And you are both welcome here as long as you are respectful to all members here. Dick84 - you hit it right on the head - no pun intended. o_O

This thread is the only thread on ROD that deals with possible relocation and stadium issues. Do not try to start others - just post here.

The main point to keep in mind is that we won't allow anyone to troll EITHER fan base. As long as that is understood, welcome aboard.
Thanks this dude will abide

Dick84

I deserved to get banned, based on my language, to be sure. The part that makes me laugh is that people who don't believe the Rams want to move or support the Rams staying in Stl can use the same language and are still on the board. That place was an unregulated cesspool... but now.. now they're banning people. Whatever. I've had an account here for a while and when the Rams went down the toilet last season I stayed away because I was too negative for this crowd. I can adapt.
Anyway... I'm still in the same place on this... I think the Rams and Chargers end up together in LA but I know almost nothing. I know Stan wants to move, that's it.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I think the only thing LA deserves is an expansion team. But that's another topic.

My view is really don't know how much the league as a whole views this situation of a privately financed stadium in LA versus a publicly financed stadium in STL. What does the league want more? Public tax dollars or an owner willing to fund his own stadium. Then, you throw in that it's an existing market willing to publicly fund the stadium.

Dick84

I think the only thing LA deserves is an expansion team. But that's another topic.

My view is really don't know how much the league as a whole views this situation of a privately financed stadium in LA versus a publicly financed stadium in STL. What does the league want more? Public tax dollars or an owner willing to fund his own stadium. Then, you throw in that it's an existing market willing to publicly fund the stadium.

I'm on record.. I don't want the Rams to move.. I just think they will.
That being said.. .the "LA deserves" thing here is a curious way to put it. You have three teams fighting to enter the market.. this isn't about a group in LA begging for a team it's about rich people wanting to capitalize on the market.
The league is obviously fine with a privately financed stadium.. the only question is how the league deals with a market scrambling so strongly to keep a team as Stl has done.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I deserved to get banned, based on my language, to be sure. The part that makes me laugh is that people who don't believe the Rams want to move or support the Rams staying in Stl can use the same language and are still on the board. That place was an unregulated cesspool... but now.. now they're banning people. Whatever. I've had an account here for a while and when the Rams went down the toilet last season I stayed away because I was too negative for this crowd. I can adapt.
Anyway... I'm still in the same place on this... I think the Rams and Chargers end up together in LA but I know almost nothing. I know Stan wants to move, that's it.
No one has a problem with stating your opinions as opinions here. We're all doing it. I've had to block a few for being too zealous about any info that backs their belief, but generally, if you just want to come on here and discuss the issue like you are sharing a pitcher of beer with us (or several) then that is how we like it. This place is a lot of fun when we all respect each other's opinions and don't act like we know something that we honestly don't.

BTW - you don't KNOW Stan wants to move. Yeah - there's quite a bit of evidence to point that direction and odds might be pretty good you're right but... that's really about it. It may be highly unlikely that it is all about leverage but there is still that possibility.

Funny, if you listen to the words Demoff chose today, it gives you a little twinge that they really like the leverage they've built with this. I have to admit that I keep going back and forth on this. I am a third generation Rams fan and grew up watching the Rams in the Coliseum and all but I just have this thing telling me that Stan has wanted to stay in St Louis all along and has a pretty damn good situation going. He can buy into the St Louis stadium that has morphed into a pretty cool deal or he can go ahead with his Inglewood project. I'm not sure the guy can lose no matter which way he goes.

Bottom line is that all LA Rams fans should know how the St Louis fans feel. I don't want to see anyone try to rub salt in the wounds. Same goes for St Louis fans. If the Rams announced tomorrow that they were staying in St Louis, I would expect the St Louis fans to understand the disappointment for LA fans and show respect. I have no doubt that the members here will do so.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
the only question is how the league deals with a market scrambling so strongly to keep a team as Stl has done.
Yep. You might say it would create quite the bad precedent. If St Louis can put all the nuts and bolts together, it sure seems it would be hard for the NFL to sign off on Stan moving. Now if he moves anyway? Whole other can of worms that I don't really think anyone knows how it would shake out.

bluecoconuts

Legend

Honestly I don't think they care that much. Plus the cats already out of the bag, people know that you can privately finance a stadium if you make things work. Or at least some owners can. Its not like people will just forget about it. Each owner and city will be a different situation, owners will always have ways of applying leverage.

Dick84

No one has a problem with stating your opinions as opinions here. We're all doing it. I've had to block a few for being too zealous about any info that backs their belief, but generally, if you just want to come on here and discuss the issue like you are sharing a pitcher of beer with us (or several) then that is how we like it. This place is a lot of fun when we all respect each other's opinions and don't act like we know something that we honestly don't.

BTW - you don't KNOW Stan wants to move. Yeah - there's quite a bit of evidence to point that direction and odds might be pretty good you're right but... that's really about it. It may be highly unlikely that it is all about leverage but there is still that possibility.

Funny, if you listen to the words Demoff chose today, it gives you a little twinge that they really like the leverage they've built with this. I have to admit that I keep going back and forth on this. I am a third generation Rams fan and grew up watching the Rams in the Coliseum and all but I just have this thing telling me that Stan has wanted to stay in St Louis all along and has a pretty damn good situation going. He can buy into the St Louis stadium that has morphed into a pretty cool deal or he can go ahead with his Inglewood project. I'm not sure the guy can lose no matter which way he goes.

Bottom line is that all LA Rams fans should know how the St Louis fans feel. I don't want to see anyone try to rub salt in the wounds. Same goes for St Louis fans. If the Rams announced tomorrow that they were staying in St Louis, I would expect the St Louis fans to understand the disappointment for LA fans and show respect. I have no doubt that the members here will do so.

You'll have to forgive me.... in my mind, I know Stan wants to move. Call me crazy... but much like circumstantial evidence can be used to convict someone of a crime, it can be used to draw a reasonable and logical conclusion.
I get that you may disagree with that line of thinking, but it works for me.
Drawing pictures and investing in some property is one thing... what Kroenke has done, to this point, far exceeds that and we have multiple reporters who cover the team regularly saying Stan wants to move.
Again... I get your point, but I disagree. I know he wants to move.

iced

You'll have to forgive me.... in my mind, I know Stan wants to move. Call me crazy... but much like circumstantial evidence can be used to convict someone of a crime, it can be used to draw a reasonable and logical conclusion.
I get that you may disagree with that line of thinking, but it works for me.
Drawing pictures and investing in some property is one thing... what Kroenke has done, to this point, far exceeds that and we have multiple reporters who cover the team regularly saying Stan wants to move.
Again... I get your point, but I disagree. I know he wants to move.

except for when there's reasonable doubt

Dick84

except for when there's reasonable doubt

Yes... that's when people aren't convicted.
I'm convinced beyond a reasonable doubt, based on the factors I've mentioned. I know he wants to move.
Am I saying the Rams are moving to LA for sure? Nope.
Feel free to believe you know what you know... I'm pretty comfortable with the trail I've gone down for my conclusion on this aspect of the story.

iced

Yes... that's when people aren't convicted.
I'm convinced beyond a reasonable doubt, based on the factors I've mentioned. I know he wants to move.
Am I saying the Rams are moving to LA for sure? Nope.
Feel free to believe you know what you know... I'm pretty comfortable with the trail I've gone down for my conclusion on this aspect of the story.

Yea I wouldn't say I know he wants to move as a fact - definitely wanted to get a better deal than what he had though. Easiest way to get what you want is to make a credible threat in this instance

bluecoconuts

Legend
Yea I wouldn't say I know he wants to move as a fact - definitely wanted to get a better deal than what he had though. Easiest way to get what you want is to make a credible threat in this instance

I dunno, that's a lot of money to sink into a bluff that doesn't seem to be getting anything more than what was initially offered. If its a bluff I think he would have backed off by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.