New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I'm just wondering why you didn't bring up Oakland. That was a valid case. SD does not have a gripe after 14 years. Raiders are the team that's really getting the shaft but you didn't mention them. It's whatever.

What about Oakland? You're saying that driving between LA and San Diego is no big deal, so they keep those markets, I'm saying it is. If the San Diego market is lost, why would the Oakland market not be lost? Like I said, if they want to move two teams to LA then they lose two markets. Since San Diego isn't two markets, then obviously the other would be Oakland in that scenario.

That may be true, but we don't really know which site the NFL covets more. I heard somewhere that the NFL tried to buy the Carson site before.

Yes, but they also determined it wasn't good for the NFL. They've also tried to buy the Inglewood site as well, but it didn't happen. They've tried to buy both and had concerns with both.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Another one for you would be if Inglewood wasn't being presented would Stan have been there at all? Based on his participation so far I was surprised to hear he was present.

JT said that Demoff wasn't an active participant in the St Louis pitch, but when asked about Inglewood he said "I think its safe to assume that Demoff didn't just sit and watch the Inglewood presentation, let's put it that way."

No word on what Kroenke said, but if Demoff was pitching Inglewood gotta think that answers the "do the Rams even want to move, Stan hasn't said anything" questions.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I remember a quote from JT about Stan not being well likedz but given he doesn't have a good pulse on the team he covers,

JT said that Demoff wasn't an active participant in the St Louis pitch, but when asked about Inglewood he said "I think its safe to assume that Demoff didn't just sit and watch the Inglewood presentation, let's put it that way."

No word on what Kroenke said, but if Demoff was pitching Inglewood gotta think that answers the "do the Rams even want to move, Stan hasn't said anything" questions.

You can't have it both way coconuts. Either JT knows what he's talking about, or he doesn't.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
You can't have it both way coconuts. Either JT knows what he's talking about, or he doesn't.

Regardless of board feeling, JT is not a reporter that makes shit up. So I'd bet on the former, even if it's not favorable to us.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4

I think that question has been answered a while ago.

bluecoconuts

Legend

Sure I can. He talked to Peacock who likely gave him a little heads up about how the meetings went, off the record until Friday. He's not sitting down with Kraft getting him to dish on which owners he likes and dislikes.

Two completely different situations.

You can know about some things and not about another. Since he wasn't privy to the Bradford/Foles trade, he obviously is kept in the dark over some team information, but they let him know when they're pulling in a prospect for a workout.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I think that question has been answered a while ago.

Yeah, but I think there was always that seed of doubt without official word, everything was being done with Stock bridge group, I believe this is the first time someone from the Rams openly pitched it. In some ways Demoff is more damming than Kroenke, because his job is only the Rams.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I vote doesn't. :cool: Seriously though - in this case I really doubt his knowledge.

Regardless of board feeling, JT is not a reporter that makes crap up. So I'd bet on the former, even if it's not favorable to us.
Reporters are some of the laziest "professionals" I have been around. They also like to make dots fit their notions. So "make shit up"? Maybe not in his mind but I honestly can't see any owner talking about this kind of stuff to ANY reporter. Still, in the end, the NFL and its owners are going to go with what looks to make them more money and put the shield in the best light regardless of if the owner is considered a friend. And I highly doubt it would weigh in in the slightest when and if they start comparing projects.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Yeah, but I think there was always that seed of doubt without official word, everything was being done with Stock bridge group, I believe this is the first time someone from the Rams openly pitched it. In some ways Demoff is more damming than Kroenke, because his job is only the Rams.

I used to think his silence and lack of communication was a bargaining tool. But since the owners meetings I've come to realize that it's not being ambiguous, it's a total lack of empathy. Witness the TC goings on in SoCal. I think everyone who's been in this thread for the duration knows I'm as pro StL as can be. But I think the writing is on the wall as far as how Stan feels.

Obviously, IMO and stuff.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I vote doesn't. :cool: Seriously though - in this case I really doubt his knowledge.

Reporters are some of the laziest "professionals" I have been around. They also like to make dots fit their notions. So "make crap up"? Maybe not in his mind but I honestly can't see any owner talking about this kind of stuff to ANY reporter. Still, in the end, the NFL and its owners are going to go with what looks to make them more money and put the shield in the best light regardless of if the owner is considered a friend. And I highly doubt it would weigh in in the slightest when and if they start comparing projects.

Lol you don't need to have a direct answer to a question to know the answer. Haven't you ever been to a meeting and come away with a good feeling that shit is hitting the fan without them actually saying it? Never heard people talking and sensed a trend? As a veteran of the AB takeover I guarantee that you can.

Hacksaw

ROCK HARD STUD
With the funding boost, don't lose hope StL. Tomorrow could be a big day depending on what is divulged at the pressers.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
With all of the tweeting and stuff going around social media regarding this issue, if a representative from the Rams was active in the Inglewood presentation we would have definitely heard about it by now or we will soon. We wouldn't need to break down down JT's quotes and question his credibility at this point.

bluecoconuts

Legend

bluecoconuts

Legend
With all of the tweeting and stuff going around social media regarding this issue, if a representative from the Rams was active in the Inglewood presentation we would have definitely heard about it by now or we will soon. We wouldn't need to break down down JT's quotes and question his credibility at this point.

I think everyone is on a gag order at least until Friday (that's when Peacock is supposed to talk to the media) so that could be why there isn't anything out there, for any party.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did Demoff go on the radio this morning? If so, any reports?

Status
Not open for further replies.