New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Didn't it used to go right up to the river where boats could pull up and people could go look out over the water?
This is the part that I thought of right away. Being able to boat up to the area was one of the truly bitchin parts of the stadium. I wonder why they took that out? I like the rest quite a bit but really think the water front has now been minimalized a bit.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I hate that they took it away from the water. That's what made that stadium unique. It has nothing to set it apart for other stadiums now. And I absolutely HATE those screens. Those have to be changed. I have no clue why they'd make them trapezoids instead of the normal rectangle. It's dumb.

I do 3d modeling on various cad programs, and to me the bank side of the stadium looks unfinished. So take that for what it's worth.

V3

Hall of Fame
I do 3d modeling on various cad programs, and to me the bank side of the stadium looks unfinished. So take that for what it's worth.
Good point. We should probably continually be reminded that none of these renderings are finished.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I hate that they took it away from the water. That's what made that stadium unique. It has nothing to set it apart for other stadiums now. And I absolutely HATE those screens. Those have to be changed. I have no clue why they'd make them trapezoids instead of the normal rectangle. It's dumb.
Ohhhh. Shit. I didn't even notice they took out the docking for boats. Yeah, I think it's still unfinished. I see no reason to take that out.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
It does. But why would they remove the walk from the renderings? I'm wondering if somehow someone brought up the idea of terrorist bombings or something screwed up like that. I know there was concern about water levels and such but I wouldn't think that should really affect THAT part. Dunno. I sure liked the idea of playing up the riverfront aspect of the stadium but then I've always had a thing for water frontage.

V3

Hall of Fame
I like this rendering much more than the current one. I absolutely LOVE how it went up to the water and even had like an amphitheater on the water. It even had normal video screens.

They could change the exterior to something closer to what they have now but keep that shoreline exactly like it is in this rendering. That is what initially sold me on the design. Now it's gone.

SLP2015010904.jpg

beej

Rookie
I"d wager a bet that those screens don't look trapezoid when your in your seats looking at them. They are so long that they are made like that to compensate for the "perspective" illusion.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
It does. But why would they remove the walk from the renderings? I'm wondering if somehow someone brought up the idea of terrorist bombings or something screwed up like that. I know there was concern about water levels and such but I wouldn't think that should really affect THAT part. Dunno. I sure liked the idea of playing up the riverfront aspect of the stadium but then I've always had a thing for water frontage.

The newest renderings were done in a completely different program, it looks like. So maybe they were focusing on the stadium itself. Maybe the Army Corps of engineers told them to back off the shoreline a tad. Or maybe they ran out of time. Shit happens. But I hope it gets added back.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I like this rendering much more than the current one. I absolutely LOVE how it went up to the water and even had like an amphitheater on the water. It even had normal video screens.

They could change the exterior to something closer to what they have now but keep that shoreline exactly like it is in this rendering. That is what initially sold me on the design. Now it's gone.

SLP2015010904.jpg
I'm with you here man - except I don't think the screens will be weird once they are installed. I like the newer versions of the stadium itself but that waterfront stuff is what makes the site.

V3

Hall of Fame
The newest renderings were done in a completely different program, it looks like. So maybe they were focusing on the stadium itself. Maybe the Army Corps of engineers told them to back off the shoreline a tad. Or maybe they ran out of time. crap happens. But I hope it gets added back.
Could be right but I'd at least add some nice docks that really aren't affected by floods, etc. and shouldn't cost nearly as much as perhaps building the foundation directly on the bank.

beej

Rookie
maybe they moved it back from the river to keep the SeaChickens from crapping on the sidewalk

V3

Hall of Fame
I"d wager a bet that those screens don't look trapezoid when your in your seats looking at them. They are so long that they are made like that to compensate for the "perspective" illusion.
I factored that in when I first noticed them a while back. I thought maybe they were just angled a little so people on the sidelines have a better view. But if that were true, why are they both angled to the same side/sideline?

I'll continue to wait and see but I'm just pointing out something that no one has mentioned before and I'd like to eventually have some clarity on it. I'm hoping someone in the media would ask about it but that's a pipedream.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I factored that in when I first noticed them a while back. I thought maybe they were just angled a little so people on the sidelines have a better view. But if that were true, why are they both angled to the same side/sideline?

I'll continue to wait and see but I'm just pointing out something that no one has mentioned before and I'd like to eventually have some clarity on it. I'm hoping someone in the media would ask about it but that's a pipedream.

You can always PM Demoff, he's a member here, can't hurt.:LOL:

Isiah58

UDFA
I think that Stan K. being at the presentation yesterday seems like a big deal. I know we are all inferring at lot of things, but I will start with the premise, right or wrong, that Kroenke pitched or stood in front of the NFL committee yesterday and backed the Inglewood plan (this has been speculated by some but NOT confirmed). If true, it is tantamount to standing up in front of all of your friends in school and declaring your candidacy for Class President. If he didn't already know before yesterday, after yesterday Stan must have a feeling about the tea leaves and which way this will eventually be decided, right? He's actually a member of this small, select club that will make the decision, not Carson, not the task force and not Inglewood. I can't believe he would risk losing this "contest" in such a colossal, public fashion. To an immensely successful Billionaire like Kroenke, having the committee tell him in front of all the other owners, and the world, that he can't have his fancy playpen and he must go back to St. Louis with his tail between his legs would be like being pantsed in front of the school.

My point is that, in my opinion, Kroenke is probably not going to be leaving this to chance, and be willing to just be surprised like all the rest of us when the NFL makes the announcement in December. Yesterday could very likely have been the tipping point either way, and if so then Stan needs to start backing away slowly beginning now if there is a decent chance that the committee/owners will pick Carson over Inglewood. If he presses the matter further, and then crashes and burns, that would surprise me greatly. Of course, I don't know if there are any other of these types of meetings like the one held yesterday that is scheduled for the future. Maybe this was it, and we just won't hear anything further until the NFL declares something. But Stan needs to start back peddling and initiating face-saving measures now if there is a chance this is going to go south on him. If he continues this pursuit without any sort of public capitulation, it tells me that he is pretty confident that his mission will ultimately be a success.*

* I also recognize that getting a brand spankin' new, almost fully funded football stadium is a pretty sweet consolation prize, and he can always spin the outcome as if that was his ultimate goal the whole time, but after yesterday it doesn't seem like many people will buy it (although I believe all will eventually be forgiven in STL in that case). I should also say that as a SoCal native, while I would enjoy having the Rams once again play in my City, I do not believe that the Rams remotely meet the spirit of the relocation rules and bylaws, and that fairness dictates that they should not be allowed to relocate. Whether fairness actually does play a role in the decision, I am pretty skeptical.

Isiah 58

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Absolutely. But I think if you put any one of us in a room full of billionaires in the same industry we would get some strong senses that none of them are wanting to go out clubbing with each other - well... maybe Mark Davis but... I think in the case of JT, he is letting his feelings get in the way too much lately. Too bad too because I actually always liked his chats. I can understand to an extent though because if he was totally blind sided by the Bradford trade and fears the team is moving, he has to be a little embarrassed by not seeing the trade coming and also worried that his gig is coming to an end.

I see what you're saying, but I was actually referring to the thing about JT thinking that Demoff being involved in the Inglewood presentation means the Rams are showing, not telling, they really want to move. I think that because he's surrounded by reporters from other places besides STL that he could have a good handle on the general vibe, for lack of a better way to put it.

I do think the same holds true somewhat for the owners meetings, but just seeing a bunch of businessmen verbally jerk each other would be harder to read.

I guess I don't have a problem with his tone like some, while it's gone somewhat more negative you have to admit events surrounding our local team aren't sunshine and rainbows. If you're from here that is.

I'm not accusing any person of this, or talking about any individual, and I'll try to put this gently. There is a segment of our board lately that cannot seem to take any report that isn't sunshine and rainbows IMO. It reminds me at times of the Prince John scene from Mel Brooks Robin Hood movie where he forces Sheriff Rottingham to give him the bad news in a good way so it doesn't sound so bad. Mostly in the JT chat threads, not so much in this thread which almost seems like a separate board sometimes.

Anyway, back to As the Kroenke Turns.

Status
Not open for further replies.