My Assessment Of The Last 3 Games

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I have a feeling you are far too old to act this way. I’m just going to block ya no point in reading posts from a guy who’s only opinion ever is I’m right go away ….bye forever

Yeah me being right. That's my sole purpose of my posts. :eyeroll::yawn:

THAT is complete and bullshit. Have a good life tho.

iron man kiss GIF

Tano

Legend
I have a feeling you are far too old to act this way. I’m just going to block ya no point in reading posts from a guy who’s only opinion ever is I’m right go away ….bye forever
Hmmm I have a feeling I already have this guy blocked so that is why I am confused as heck by your posts lol

Angry Ram

Ultimate irony - I took everyone off my ignore list before the season.

Now I get blocked b/c people don't like my viewpoints. Can't make this up. Oh well, can't help there. Merry Christmas.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Ultimate irony - I took everyone off my ignore list before the season.

Now I get blocked b/c people don't like my viewpoints. Can't make this up. Oh well, can't help there. Merry Christmas.
It's not that people don't like your viewpoints, it's that's when you're proven wrong (even with factual evidence) you look the other way and stand firm in your absolutely wrong stance. It's laughable and makes me wonder why would you even join a forum with other people if you're not willing to listen.

TexasRam

Legend
Well that made for an entertaining bed time read.

There is no argument. The turnovers must stop or we aren’t winning games vs good teams. There is no Sniffing of a Super Bowl if Stafford doesn’t play better.

But really The defense and special teams need to get better also.

Lamar Jackson threw 4 picks but his defense (defensive philosophy) and special teams were good enough to win the game. Hell, same thing with Brady in the playoffs last year.

The problem is all 3 units are shitting the bed and not making the correct adjustments. Even after
A bye week.

Happy thoughts.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Well that made for an entertaining bed time read.

There is no argument. The turnovers must stop or we aren’t winning games vs good teams. There is no Sniffing of a Super Bowl if Stafford doesn’t play better.

But really The defense and special teams need to get better also.

Lamar Jackson threw 4 picks but his defense (defensive philosophy) and special teams were good enough to win the game. Hell, same thing with Brady in the playoffs last year.

The problem is all 3 units are shitting the bed and not making the correct adjustments. Even after
A bye week.

Happy thoughts.
The turnovers are the biggest issue without a doubt but another issue is the TOP battle. We're losing it badly and it's not just the turnovers. Mcvay needs to sit Stafford down and slam it into his head that's its okay to take the check down especially on 3rd down. The defense had been underwhelming but the offense has not been doing them any favors at all. We're not play complimentary football and it's killing us.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Very true. This is a team game and if you have to play error-free football to win it means you are not a very good team.

We gotta fix the turnovers. But if we get into the playoffs and suffer a couple turnovers the team has to be good enough and tough enough to rebound and make enough plays to win.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Very true. This is a team game and if you have to play error-free football to win it means you are not a very good team.

We gotta fix the turnovers. But if we get into the playoffs and suffer a couple turnovers the team has to be good enough and tough enough to rebound and make enough plays to win.
Error-free football is obviously not possible in terms of perfect execution but errors in terms of not turning the ball over are what has historically defined good teams.

It’s nice to say we have to be tough and rebound but that is not historically shown to be the case in the NFL. Turnover battle is the easiest way to predict winners. If you told me which team would win the turnover battle prior to a game I could tell who won the game nearly 80% of the time.

It’s the reason Trent Dilfers only job was to not turn the ball over. That shit matters and to an even higher extent when the turnover leads directly to 7 for the other team.

We have a lot of issues but turning the ball over is absolutely numero uno. We can play mistake free special teams and solid defense but if we continue to gift the other team points off turnovers and lose the turnover battle we will continue to lose games.

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Error-free football is obviously not possible in terms of perfect execution but errors in terms of not turning the ball over are what has historically defined good teams.

It’s nice to say we have to be tough and rebound but that is not historically shown to be the case in the NFL. Turnover battle is the easiest way to predict winners. If you told me which team would win the turnover battle prior to a game I could tell who won the game nearly 80% of the time.

It’s the reason Trent Dilfers only job was to not turn the ball over. That shit matters and to an even higher extent when the interception leads directly to 7 for the other team.

We have a lot of issues but turning the ball over is absolutely numero uno. We can play mistake free special teams and solid defense but if we continue to gift the other team points off turnovers and lose the turnover battle we will continue to lose games.
It is numero uno and we all know that. We are all in agreement on that.

But as an extension of that if we are a team who cannot survive a couple turnovers, who needs to play perfectly in order to win, the sad truth is we are not a good team.

Great defenses are not great because they have an error-free offense. They are great because they can get off the field and limit points regardless of anything else around them. This is why the best ones win championships, because they effectively give you a huge cushion in terms of mistakes and having a lesser offense.

Great offenses are not great because they play error-free football. They are great because they will come back and score TDs and turn momentum back in their favor and buy the defense room for error.

We have neither.

Angry Ram

It's not that people don't like your viewpoints, it's that's when you're proven wrong (even with factual evidence) you look the other way and stand firm in your absolutely wrong stance. It's laughable and makes me wonder why would you even join a forum with other people if you're not willing to listen.

What is this everyone's mission here? To prove me wrong b/c I'm seeing things differently? I didn't even WANT to debate this in the first place. I don't care about the other games related to this one. I just don't. I posted my opinion and wasn't replying to anyone specifically in either thread. Plain and simple. Then you guys started sarcastically hahaing because of it.

Did he not throw 3 TDs to Van, OBJ, and Darrell? Did he not get a fantastic 2 pt play to Cooper? Is my evidence somehow less than yours? Again the whole point was he wasn't the reason for the L. I am NOT wrong b/c I'm seeing it differently than you and I still think that blaming MS for this game is ridiculous. Call it blind faith or whatever cliche you want, it doesn't matter to me.

And no, people don't like my viewpoints from your crowd and I can tell by your sarcastic hahas. It's been going on for a while and I even PMd you about it a while back. But no, you just don't like it and continue to do so. Whatever, go ahead now. I don't care anymore.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Great defenses are not great because they have an error-free offense. They are great because they can get off the field and limit points regardless of anything else around them. This is why the best ones win championships, because they effectively give you a huge cushion in terms of mistakes and having a lesser offense.

Great offenses are not great because they play error-free football. They are great because they will come back and score TDs and turn momentum back in their favor and buy the defense room for error.

We have neither.

And what is absolutely maddening about that is that we have the talent for both.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I do think the loss of Akers and Woody have drastically altered the ceiling of this offense. But yeah I agree that we should be able to overcome a slow start to include a couple early turnovers.

Some of the issues with this team seem almost mental. Like they break down when things don't go well early for them. Coming back vs Green Bay would have been a great confidence booster. But we're just not good enough to do that vs a team of the Packers quality.

Let's hope they build some confidence vs Jax and then get a big momentum changer with a victory vs Arizona. That's where I'm at right now.

MachS

Hall of Fame

People want to blame Stafford and yes the turnovers have been bad..yes he's playing through injury it seems. But the root of all our problems are the OL, and I've been saying it since the TEN game. No movement at all up front. We cannot pass block or run block right now. And our defense and special teams are pretty horrendous so it's no secret why we're not winning games.

The fact that McVay has refused to draft top OL talent and instead wants to bring in gadget offensive weapons is what will ultimately be the downfall of this team. Majority of our OL are late round picks or outcasts and while they are average a lot of the time, against top end DL talent they will falter. You would think McVay would've learned his lesson after the Super Bowl about how important OL is, yet his hubris always wins out. Just look at SF and how they dominate games up front. If we had that type of OL we would be so much better on offense.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
People want to blame Stafford and yes the turnovers have been bad..yes he's playing through injury it seems. But the root of all our problems are the OL, and I've been saying it since the TEN game. No movement at all up front. We cannot pass block or run block right now. And our defense and special teams are pretty horrendous so it's no secret why we're not winning games.

The fact that McVay has refused to draft top OL talent and instead wants to bring in gadget offensive weapons is what will ultimately be the downfall of this team. Majority of our OL are late round picks or outcasts and while they are average a lot of the time, against top end DL talent they will falter. You would think McVay would've learned his lesson after the Super Bowl about how important OL is, yet his hubris always wins out. Just look at SF and how they dominate games up front. If we had that type of OL we would be so much better on offense.
Uh thats has been the issue since the sb but you and many others blamed the qb. So now you come to that realization? That's just bs dude.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

Shuie3225

Starter
Two observations from this:

1) It looks like they are pass blocking even on running plays. If they are being coached to run block that way then ... wtf????

2) On the 4th and 1 play, they could have easily made it with a QB sneak. Stafford would have had to do not much more than take one step and fall forward.
Whether or not a QB sneak was the better call, it has nothing to do with how the OL performed on that play. Or during the last 4 weeks for that matter. This is why other teams think we are soft. It's just about being physical. We are very rarely ever the more physical team when we are a playing against a playoff caliber opponent.