Muscle Car Dreams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ramsplaya16

The One and Only
1972 Plymouth roadrunner. Have always been attracted to this car and trying to get my hands on one for a bit.

1566914046395.jpeg

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
In my opinion, that is the most beautiful car ever produced.

(Minus those goofy wheels).

I’m not hip on the wheels either...but must say...I don’t hate them! Lol

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
327 was the best motor Chevy ever made. My 2007 truck has essentially the same motor but fuel injected.

Almost exactly my wife's first car. She would love to have it back.

A buddy of mine from HS has been restoring Rivieras since he was 15. He still has a dozen or so of them.

My wife's uncles have a Pontiac/GTO museum here in Reno. Yeah.... I'm a fan.
View attachment 29860View attachment 29861View attachment 29862

I had a '73 Ford short bed with that yellow color. I parked in the state parking lots in college for about 2 years before they figured it out and started ticketing me.

And the first gust of wind you'll be over two lanes. Seriously though, I have always liked VW buses but the freaking things must have governors in them that keep them 5 miles an hour under the posted speed limit.

I'm getting one to be like a giant golf cart... not an everyday vehicle. Golf carts... if they're fast enough and have lights... can now be licensed and legal on roads here. Especially around the beach they are fun. A V-Dub bus like this would be way cooler for bar hopping with a crew. I don't want it to go too fast... someone might fall out backwards Spicoli style.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I am not a fan of Mustangs or Corvettes. Too small for my taste back then. I’ll tell ya, a lot of people laugh at me, but if I won the lottery, and set in motion of restoring cars, the olds would be first, but next in line would be a 68 RivieraView attachment 29814

I had a 66 Riviera with the 425 nailhead and switch pitch turbo 400 tranny thing was a beast. I loved racing little mustang 5.0s couldnt wait to see the look on their face at the next light. Fast and comfortable, the way I like to roll.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I'm getting one to be like a giant golf cart... not an everyday vehicle. Golf carts... if they're fast enough and have lights... can now be licensed and legal on roads here. Especially around the beach they are fun. A V-Dub bus like this would be way cooler for bar hopping with a crew. I don't want it to go too fast... someone might fall out backwards Spicoli style.

I could see that being pretty damn cool. Hell, u could make it the bar! Lol

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Wtf @CGI_Ram im still censored lol.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
1972 Plymouth roadrunner. Have always been attracted to this car and trying to get my hands on one for a bit.

View attachment 29866

My older brother (by 5 years) had a friend that had a Roadrunner 426 Hemi. He peeled the tires all the time. It was the ugliest green color. But the body style is nice and that's a serious muscle car.

It's always neat to see the elongated fronts of the real vintage muscle cars. The engines were so giant compared to smaller yet more powerful cars now.

The first brand new car I ever owned was a 1988 Mustang GT with a 5 litre engine. So a 302. Holy shit that thing was fast.

I really love the modern versions of the classic muscle cars and how they are borrowing from the body styles of the 60's and 70's. They look AMAZING.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
I Whitney you not, when I was small...maybe 4-5 years old, my mom had a gold one and would call her her vette. I remember the damn think not making it up steep hills very well.
Exactly. I live in the Ozarks, and any trips out of town in the hilly areas were not good.... I'd be doing 35 at the crest. I could get up to 60 going downhill but that was it.
It was awful in snow too - imagine a small, light-weight, 4 cyl / 1 barrel carb, REAR WHEEL DRIVE car driving in snow. It got NO traction.
It wasn't well made either, the drivers side door wouldn't shut unless I shut it from the inside. Which meant that I had to enter & leave it thru the passenger side. The first time I took my future bride on a date, I approached the passenger side.... opened the door.... and she thought, "oh how sweet", and then I said "sorry, wait a sec, I need to get in first!"
But, I was very thankful for it, took good care of it (it was a gift from my late grandfather), and it got me around college for 5 years. I put a cheapie Roadmaster amp in it, and custom built a speaker cabinet to put in the back hatch for FOUR 6 x 9's that I had on hand. I was a headbanger & those puppies reallllly screamed. It drew attention to my p.o.j. car but I didn't care, it was mine. And yes I had a mullet, until I got it buzzed off (everything except a braided rat tail).

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
Exactly. I live in the Ozarks, and any trips out of town in the hilly areas were not good.... I'd be doing 35 at the crest. I could get up to 60 going downhill but that was it.
It was awful in snow too - imagine a small, light-weight, 4 cyl / 1 barrel carb, REAR WHEEL DRIVE car driving in snow. It got NO traction.
It wasn't well made either, the drivers side door wouldn't shut unless I shut it from the inside. Which meant that I had to enter & leave it thru the passenger side. The first time I took my future bride on a date, I approached the passenger side.... opened the door.... and she thought, "oh how sweet", and then I said "sorry, wait a sec, I need to get in first!"
But, I was very thankful for it, took good care of it (it was a gift from my late grandfather), and it got me around college for 5 years. I put a cheapie Roadmaster amp in it, and custom built a speaker cabinet to put in the back hatch for FOUR 6 x 9's that I had on hand. I was a headbanger & those puppies reallllly screamed. It drew attention to my p.o.j. car but I didn't care, it was mine. And yes I had a mullet, until I got it buzzed off (everything except a braided rat tail).
For some reason I'm getting a Joe Dirt vibe from your post. I drove two Vegas in the '70s-'80s. For those too young to assume Vegas as in Las Vegas, no. They were the Chevy Vega. I think bicycles passed me uphill. Though I did get laid in it. So there's that.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
'72 Gran Torino Sport
1567010912413.png

Wasn't really a muscle car, but the closest thing I ever had. Loved the shit out of it.

(Usually kept my hood closed though).

Last edited:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

47a8febfb87e78fb98ba7a75532a3f3e--golf-carts-my-style.jpg

Or here's one with a few dents and scratches, but otherwise appears loaded with options :

e6cb975e314fff55eb1a0062f9f87083--the-van-van-life.jpg