Muscle Car Dreams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
AAk77Gy.img

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
Compared to other vehicles of the time? Nah.

Besides... They barely used their own motors. Didn't that one have a GM motor in it?
I'm not an AMC expert but I know they made their own V8s. You might be confusing the AMC327 with the much more familiar GM327 but the AMC was available for years before the GM327. Some AMC V8s used Ford ignition components but the engine was all AMC. BTW the AMX had a badass 390.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
AMC is both glorious and totally f-d up at the same time

I know I rail against comics all the time (the irony of it all @IowaRam ) but I have an 80 page graphic novel - 1st vol in the collection that’ll be distributed world-wide in Spring which features a young synth-rocker Yakuza who drives an AMC Javelin

ED4140F4-92A3-412E-BC2C-60AB7B0B4C30.jpeg
91DF8E15-CB8D-43CF-B5F9-BA73B85B7FFF.jpeg

We have tons of homages to muscle cars and shout outs to failed American cars like the Cadillac Cimmeron etc.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm not an AMC expert but I know they made their own V8s. You might be confusing the AMC327 with the much more familiar GM327 but the AMC was available for years before the GM327. Some AMC V8s used Ford ignition components but the engine was all AMC. BTW the AMX had a badass 390.
Still meh. Give me the 1970 GTO, GSX, SS Chevelle, Challenger, Charger, Torino, 'Stang, Cougar Eliminator, and about ten others above the 1970 AMX. Now if you were talking THIS AMX.....different story.

1568319592730.png

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
Still meh. Give me the 1970 GTO, GSX, SS Chevelle, Challenger, Charger, Torino, 'Stang, Cougar Eliminator, and about ten others above the 1970 AMX. Now if you were talking THIS AMX.....different story.

View attachment 30189
I believe that is a concept car. You named some nice cars there so your dislike of the AMX is puzzling. An american steel two seater muscle car. What's not to love?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I believe that is a concept car. You named some nice cars there so your dislike of the AMX is puzzling. An american steel two seater muscle car. What's not to love?
They made 5 out of a run of 1000 planned.

And an American steel two seater made by a company not responsible for the Gremlin or Pacer probably would have been pretty cool.

Let's face it. AMC builds were always rattle traps. But at least they were ugly as sin. :p

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
They made 5 out of a run of 1000 planned.

And an American steel two seater made by a company not responsible for the Gremlin or Pacer probably would have been pretty cool.

Let's face it. AMC builds were always rattle traps. But at least they were ugly as sin. :p
How could you not be aware of the Ford Pinto, Chevy Vega and the Plymouth Arrow among many other crap cars made at that time by the Big 3? Enough of this ridiculousness. Time to teach you about a great american muscle car straight from the AMC factory.

The AMC AMX Super Stock
It’s sad to think that one of the most formidable American sports cars from the 1960s, along with he only competition to the Chevy Corvette at the time, has fallen so far into obscurity. The AMC AMX was a small, two-seat sports car that was pretty quick in just about every iteration. One version in particular, though, takes the cake as far as performance goes.
AMC AMX Super Stock

Packing a 390 cubic V8 engine tuned to 340 horsepower and a stripped out body with Hurst accessories inside and out, the Super Stock AMX was a race car right from the factory. It could run a quarter mile in 10.7 seconds.
AMC AMX Super Stock

Available in only red, white, and blue color schemes, the Super Stock AMX is just so odd, so fast, and so representative of AMC cars as a whole, that I can’t help but put it at the top of this list of AMC beasts. Not only is it one of the best old-school street muscle cars on the classic car market, it’s easily one of the greatest American cars of all time.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
How could you not be aware of the Ford Pinto, Chevy Vega and the Plymouth Arrow among many other crap cars made at that time by the Big 3? Enough of this ridiculousness. Time to teach you about a great american muscle car straight from the AMC factory.

The AMC AMX Super Stock
It’s sad to think that one of the most formidable American sports cars from the 1960s, along with he only competition to the Chevy Corvette at the time, has fallen so far into obscurity. The AMC AMX was a small, two-seat sports car that was pretty quick in just about every iteration. One version in particular, though, takes the cake as far as performance goes.
AMC AMX Super Stock

Packing a 390 cubic V8 engine tuned to 340 horsepower and a stripped out body with Hurst accessories inside and out, the Super Stock AMX was a race car right from the factory. It could run a quarter mile in 10.7 seconds.
AMC AMX Super Stock

Available in only red, white, and blue color schemes, the Super Stock AMX is just so odd, so fast, and so representative of AMC cars as a whole, that I can’t help but put it at the top of this list of AMC beasts. Not only is it one of the best old-school street muscle cars on the classic car market, it’s easily one of the greatest American cars of all time.

Meh. Looks like a Pinto and a Vega had sex.:ROFLMAO:

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
1934 Ford Sedan

truly a muscle car of its day , the first affordable car with a V-8

This was the car Bonnie and Clyde were driving when they were killed , ( well , not this exact one , exactly :) but one of the main reason why Bonnie and Clyde got away all the time , there just wasn't any other car that could catch them , even the Police

I've always wanted one

1934-ford-sedan-fordor-street-rod

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnaDtvya_NY

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
A friend of mine had a couple of them. Sorry. AMC's entire line had a bad case of the fuglies.

The Pacer is probably the ugliest car ever made in the USA.

If I was given the choice of a rusty Yugo and a mint Pacer I'd take the Yugo.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
But, now... years later... isn’t it a beautiful ugly?

Nope, it's still 70's fugly.

There have been some really unattractive cars produced, enough that it's almost worth it's own thread. The Gremlin is a close second.

Imagine a world filled with Gremlins and Pacers as the only cars. Doesn't that send a chill down your spine hahaha.

Confession time.

I spent a couple of weeks with a chick who had a Pacer.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Nope, it's still 70's fugly.

There have been some really unattractive cars produced, enough that it's almost worth it's own thread. The Gremlin is a close second.

Imagine a world filled with Gremlins and Pacers as the only cars. Doesn't that send a chill down your spine hahaha.

Confession time.

I spent a couple of weeks with a chick who had a Pacer.

I always thought it was ugly, but now... I don’t know. It’s got an appeal.