Muscle Car Dreams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
RWD. They started making FWD in the late 70’s I believe.
Toronado shared the same platform and it was FWD in the late '60s or early '70s. Love the look of the front and profile of that Riviera.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
They have a model, I don’t remember exactly what it is, but it has a huge ass end. Almost like a fast back.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
2DC3F25C-B1A0-40A5-A6E9-107CF96215CA.jpeg

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
A guy that ran in the same circle as me in High School had a father who loved those cars. He had 3 of them and one looked exactly like that. He had a 1964 and I think the other was a 1966. Neither of those styles had the good looks of the later version. It's much sleeker where the older ones were too boxy for my taste.
That's a beautiful car X. I'm now partial to the 67 myself, but the 69s were gorgeous.

The 64, 65 models we to boxy for my taste, but I saw a 64 that was black with the parchment white interior it looked super hot. I'd still take the 67 though.
ebay_253184574115_1.jpg

Last edited:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I wanted this :

sc0514-183095_1.jpg

But drove this :

5-31-wpcf_770x510.jpg

I was 16 in 1969 when my father died in a motorcycle accident, I inherited his 1959 MGA as no one else in my family could drive a stick.
That 1967 convertible GTO always eluded me. The worst thing though, in 1970 I ended up blowing up that little 4 cylinder engine of mine racing a GTO at 3:00AM in the morning about 100 miles north of San Francisco after us staying absolutely even for about 30 minutes at 120 mph. That was an expensive fix for a kid. Amazing the things we could get away with back in the day ...

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I'm gonna get one of these at some point. I'm putting a Porsche engine in it though and making the interior WAY custom. I will do it!!!

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
I had a matchbox car as a kid that I loved playing with (it's actually on my desk here at work) lol --

1975 Corvette Stingray

CorvetteStingray1975.png

So when I got my licence and realised that it would be rather difficult to acquire one of these .. I went for the next best thing ...

ToyotaCelica1977.png

... the 1977 Toyota Celica Liftback.

:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I had a matchbox car as a kid that I loved playing with (it's actually on my desk here at work) lol --

1975 Corvette Stingray

View attachment 29847

So when I got my licence and realised that it would be rather difficult to acquire one of these .. I went for the next best thing ...

View attachment 29848

... the 1977 Toyota Celica Liftback.

:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:
A good friend of mine would proudly ask a pretty girl, “Want to go for a ride in my ‘Vette?”
Much to their chagrin, he’d bring them to this:
2CCC2347-E5BA-4FCF-8694-8A5D4B269B26.jpeg

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
67 camaro w/327 small block

View attachment 29800
327 was the best motor Chevy ever made. My 2007 truck has essentially the same motor but fuel injected.
Almost exactly my wife's first car. She would love to have it back.
I am not a fan of Mustangs or Corvettes. Too small for my taste back then. I’ll tell ya, a lot of people laugh at me, but if I won the lottery, and set in motion of restoring cars, the olds would be first, but next in line would be a 68 RivieraView attachment 29814
A buddy of mine from HS has been restoring Rivieras since he was 15. He still has a dozen or so of them.
My wife's uncles have a Pontiac/GTO museum here in Reno. Yeah.... I'm a fan.
IMAG0788.jpg
IMAG0795.jpg
IMAG0794.jpg

Same with the School Bus Yellow Ford had.
I had a '73 Ford short bed with that yellow color. I parked in the state parking lots in college for about 2 years before they figured it out and started ticketing me.
I'm gonna get one of these at some point. I'm putting a Porsche engine in it though and making the interior WAY custom. I will do it!!!

And the first gust of wind you'll be over two lanes. Seriously though, I have always liked VW buses but the fucking things must have governors in them that keep them 5 miles an hour under the posted speed limit.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
A good friend of mine would proudly ask a pretty girl, “Want to go for a ride in my ‘Vette?”
LOL!!! Here's mine, I got this '85 'Vette in 1988, for college:

1985 chevette.jpg

My friend would always say "it looks fast just sittin' there Jonny!!!"

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
68', 69' & 70' were my High School years that were spent in North Hollywood, Ca.
Our little group was a pack of 6, four of us had our own cars, the 5'th guy used his family's mid-60's Plymouth Valient, AND ... he worked at a liquor store, and the 6'th had no wheels at all. All but two of us worked, I was on what was called the 5-3 program which meant 5 hours of school and 3 hours of work, and received work credits towards graduation. I had the 59' MGA seen above, one friend had a 1960 Chevy Nomad, another had a 1957 Chevy, and one had restored his 1928 Ford Model A with his dad. The following vehicles & colors are a very good likeness :

1960_chevrolet_nomad_station_wagon_100404963504769794.jpg

13223469-1957-chevrolet-bel-air-thumb.jpg

Ford-1928-Model-A-coupe.jpg

During the late 60's, early 70's, Los Angeles car buffs 'cruised' either Van Nuys Blvd. or Whittier Blvd. We always did Van Nuys Blvd. as it was much closer to where we lived. If you saw the movies American Graffiti or Van Nuys Blvd., that was basically us as teens. Girls would hop in your car for a few blocks or for a month, it was always something crazy going down though. Our Friday or Saturday night routine was to cruise for awhile, hit the Van Nuys Blvd. Bob's Big Boy Burger joint, then cruise over to the Burbank Bob's Big Boy where the cute outdoor waitresses wore roller skates, and finish the night cruising Van Nuys Blvd. again, pretty much until things dried up at 1:00 or 2:00 in the morning. Those were the days of crappy Mexican weed where you could buy '4 fingers' for ten bucks, a case of beer and a cheap bottle of either Tyrolia, Blue Nun or Mateus wine. Cops would look for the most minor vehicle code violations, but they mostly nailed the 'lowriders'. We weren't delinquents, we were all just hanging out, checking out the girls & each others wheels, it was all good fun, but yes, we were pretty wasted.

Last edited:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

I just want to climb right in there!

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
View attachment 29855
I Whitney you not, when I was small...maybe 4-5 years old, my mom had a gold one and would call her her vette. I remember the damn think not making it up steep hills very well.