Mock Draft Tidbits / 2024 Draft Talk

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Allbright said on pod, this is not coming from other media, he's asked for confirmation from others on this and waiting but that Rams trading up for OT is coming from someone who "you can take it to the bank."

Well, Allbright said it's for a tackle. So, not edge?
That's great that you trust Albright. I'm not gonna take his comment as ironclad however. I do hope he is right though. And it is exciting to think maybe we have a completely overhauled OL after this draft.

But drafts have a life of their own too. Rams could set up a trade agreement with another team if X player is there, but then on draft day it's another player they wouldn't have thought could be there. And maybe they still pull the trigger.

So there are no certainties when it comes to pre-draft BS.

Memphis Ram

Legend
It was my understanding that the Rams were looking to move into the 1rst round LAST year for a Tackle, but the opportunity didn’t present itself.
Not so sure about the 1st round OT target last year.

From what I understood they were trying to move towards the bottom 1/3 or so of the 1st round. The only tackle selected after the #14 selection and before the Rams 2nd rounder was Anton Harrison who didn't have that good of a rookie season.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
PFN_Draft_result_1713655225143.png

WestCoastRam

Legend
That's great that you trust Albright. I'm not gonna take his comment as ironclad however. I do hope he is right though. And it is exciting to think maybe we have a completely overhauled OL after this draft.

But drafts have a life of their own too. Rams could set up a trade agreement with another team if X player is there, but then on draft day it's another player they wouldn't have thought could be there. And maybe they still pull the trigger.

So there are no certainties when it comes to pre-draft BS.
Yeah, nothings ironclad. I would just put this as Rams top priority now. Followed by everything else. Doesn't mean it's gonna happen.

Mind you, I'm just trying to sharing things here with no mercy nor malice.

dang

Legend
If the Rams continue to prioritize the OL you gotta believe they will want to add some additional talent (not just depth) at WR/RB. Can’t have an injury (god forbid) toDWill, Kupp or Nacua sink the ship.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Fautanu would be my guess. He can play G or T and would probably be the #7 or #8 on the depth chart, offering versatility depth this year, starting spot next year. A wise pick despite all the clamouring for Edge.

Then again, if it's for an Edge, who would it be? Verse? Latu? Turner?
But again, 7th or 8th on the depth chart this year sure sounds like little to no impact this season. Makes no sense IF they are pushing for a ring this year. Sure, it may help them in year 2 or 3 (from now), but I don't think we can just wait. We have a LT/RT and a back up, I sure hope they improve positions of immediate need and impact instead. Just my thoughts.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

From what I understood they were trying to move towards the bottom 1/3 or so of the 1st round. The only tackle selected after the #14 selection and before the Rams 2nd rounder was Anton Harrison who didn't have that good of a rookie season.
I always thought that the rumor was around them trying to get up to take Kincaid?

Last edited:

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd

That could also be the reason WHY the Rams ended up staying put and not trading back into the 1rst—their guy didn’t fall (whoever that might have been).

It’s all speculation now, but I can easily see why the Rams would want to draft a Tackle this time around. There are plausible scenarios that could see the Rams losing at least 1 Tackle if not 2 next year.
…I just don’t see the need to pay extra draft capital for one by trading up. There are Tackles throughout this draft.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If the Rams continue to prioritize the OL you gotta believe they will want to add some additional talent (not just depth) at WR/RB. Can’t have an injury (god forbid) toDWill, Kupp or Nacua sink the ship.
Rams can improve the D and by a lot even if they go OT in the 1st. Don't know that he drops to us but this is just an example :)

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Rams talk starts 36:30.
This guy speaks with such certainty. I hate it.

I guess if they do something like this, which I strongly think is unwise, I guess we will see what results this experiment has. Nearly all assets used on the OL in the off season with an actual down grading of the defense which wasn't good last year. Sure, I'm aware they can draft someone in the 2nd and the 3rd, but those players are more then likely not going to have the impact of a guy you could get in the 1st, which is why those guys go in the 1st. There is massive step down from the 1st round DT's/Edges to the 2nd and beyond. Ditto with CB's.

Really hope someone is spouting fake news in this guys ear.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But again, 7th or 8th on the depth chart this year sure sounds like little to no impact this season. Makes no sense IF they are pushing for a ring this year. Sure, it may help them in year 2 or 3 (from now), but I don't think we can just wait. We have a LT/RT and a back up, I sure hope they improve positions of immediate need and impact instead. Just my thoughts.
He can start this year.

Memphis Ram

Legend
That could also be the reason WHY the Rams ended up staying put and not trading back into the 1rst—their guy didn’t fall (whoever that might have been).

It’s all speculation now, but I can easily see why the Rams would want to draft a Tackle this time around. There are plausible scenarios that could see the Rams losing at least 1 Tackle if not 2 next year.
…I just don’t see the need to pay extra draft capital for one by trading up. There are Tackles throughout this draft.
According to Snead's post draft comments, the difficulty came in not finding anyone willing to trade out of the 1st round.

But, yes while there are tackles throughout the draft, most play on the right side.:(

Last edited:

Memphis Ram

Legend
This guy speaks with such certainty. I hate it.

I guess if they do something like this, which I strongly think is unwise, I guess we will see what results this experiment has. Nearly all assets used on the OL in the off season with an actual down grading of the defense which wasn't good last year. Sure, I'm aware they can draft someone in the 2nd and the 3rd, but those players are more then likely not going to have the impact of a guy you could get in the 1st, which is why those guys go in the 1st. There is massive step down from the 1st round DT's/Edges to the 2nd and beyond. Ditto with CB's.

Really hope someone is spouting fake news in this guys ear.
IF the plan is for Kobie Turner to play 3-Tech, then I question if the top rated DTs Newton or Murphy are even being considered.

And IF they can still get Braswell in round two, who I still like more than Dallas Turner, I'd be thrilled.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
IF the plan is for Kobie Turner to play 3-Tech, then I question if the top rated DTs Newton or Murphy are even being considered.

And IF they can still get Braswell in round two, who I still like more than Dallas Turner, I'd be thrilled.
I thought there was mention of Turner playing nose. I could have sworn I read that somewhere.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah I think there is room for them to be a lot better offensively if they can hit on a specific type of receiver. That being one who brings us real speed to stretch the field. Given Stafford plus a good line it would be the kind of move that could put us back in that elite offensive range and that type of unit can put you in contention for a high seed.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Beat writer Jourdan Rodrigue said he may move to 3-Tech unless something has changed since her last podcast or article on the subject.
Interesting.....I did read that Turner played a lot of nose when AD was with us so we know he's more than capable. I still think Murphy and Newton will be in play but it truly depends on how the draft goes. Gonna be interesting very soon, can't wait.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He can start this year.
Well I'd sure hope he could if we are moving heaven and earth to draft him. I just think the impact of whomever we get at OT is going to be far less then the impact we could get if we took one of the top defenders. Ajax was pretty damn good last year, let us not forget.