Mock Draft Tidbits / 2024 Draft Talk

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Interesting.....I did read that Turner played a lot of nose when AD was with us so we know he's more than capable. I still think Murphy and Newton will be in play but it truly depends on how the draft goes. Gonna be interesting very soon, can't wait.
Yes, all this talk about Turner moving to 3 tech. There are 3 DL, I'm sure we could plug Murphy/Newton in very easily. Desjuan or Murch can easily rotate in. What we have now are versatile DL and Murphy is pretty versatile himself.

WestCoastRam

Legend
This guy speaks with such certainty. I hate it.

I guess if they do something like this, which I strongly think is unwise, I guess we will see what results this experiment has. Nearly all assets used on the OL in the off season with an actual down grading of the defense which wasn't good last year. Sure, I'm aware they can draft someone in the 2nd and the 3rd, but those players are more then likely not going to have the impact of a guy you could get in the 1st, which is why those guys go in the 1st. There is massive step down from the 1st round DT's/Edges to the 2nd and beyond. Ditto with CB's.

Really hope someone is spouting fake news in this guys ear.
Yeah, Allbright just happens to be right a lot. Might not be but boy does he have a great track record.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It was my understanding that the Rams were looking to move into the 1rst round LAST year for a Tackle, but the opportunity didn’t present itself.
Jourdan has reported a couple times that the Rams were trying to trade up into round 1 last April, for a skill position player. She should be more clued into the Rams than Albright.
Allbright said on pod, this is not coming from other media, he's asked for confirmation from others on this and waiting but that Rams trading up for OT is coming from someone who "you can take it to the bank."
I’m kind of hoping it’s a smoke screen. Maybe Snead is putting out some fake info to keep teams off of their trail.
I thought there was mention of Turner playing nose. I could have sworn I read that somewhere.
Jourdan mentioned it.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
But again, 7th or 8th on the depth chart this year sure sounds like little to no impact this season. Makes no sense IF they are pushing for a ring this year. Sure, it may help them in year 2 or 3 (from now), but I don't think we can just wait. We have a LT/RT and a back up, I sure hope they improve positions of immediate need and impact instead. Just my thoughts.
I guess it's all in how you look at it. A stud OL who can backup this year, protecting our OL investment and safety of Stafford and perhaps slide into a starting position in 2025. I know MOST want an Edge who can come in, get 14 sacks and make this a championship defense. Is there a prospect out there who will fill that bill? I don't care who they pick. A LT. An edge. A CB. A WR. A DT. I don't know if there's a guy who is going to come in right away and be a whirling dervish. At any position. It would be nice and I'm hoping we find 'that guy' but I like the team's chances with who they have right now. So if they come in and contribute a little, fine. A lot, even better. But I think we're already set up to chase the Lombardi.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
This guy speaks with such certainty. I hate it.

I guess if they do something like this, which I strongly think is unwise, I guess we will see what results this experiment has. Nearly all assets used on the OL in the off season with an actual down grading of the defense which wasn't good last year. Sure, I'm aware they can draft someone in the 2nd and the 3rd, but those players are more then likely not going to have the impact of a guy you could get in the 1st, which is why those guys go in the 1st. There is massive step down from the 1st round DT's/Edges to the 2nd and beyond. Ditto with CB's.

Really hope someone is spouting fake news in this guys ear.

Well I'd sure hope he could if we are moving heaven and earth to draft him. I just think the impact of whomever we get at OT is going to be far less then the impact we could get if we took one of the top defenders. Ajax was pretty damn good last year, let us not forget.

Who is that top defender who is going to come in, dominate and be the missing piece for our defense? Who had Kobie Turner on their bingo card last April? A 3rd round pick (the second pick used in the third round) who should have been DROY!!! I know the theory is "you can't bank on hitting in the 3rd round (or lower) every year" except they seem to hit with regularity. Maybe they'll go D in the first and hit big. Or maybe they won't. THEY know better than any of us who is going to help this team the most. The good thing is we don't have much longer to wait. 4 days from tomorrow. Then we can move on from who they should draft, to who they drafted and make it known how unwise or wise it was. And we still won't know shit until the games start and we see how it plays out.

RamsinNV

UDFA
I got to stop doing these things but I like this one. Did not get to a few positions I wanted like another RB.
IMG_7127.png

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I would lose my shit if the Rams traded up for an OL. I could deal with it if it was for a WR, Bowers or EDGE.

I happen to think that Alaric is more than capable at LT.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would lose my shit if the Rams traded up for an OL. I could deal with it if it was for a WR, Bowers or EDGE.

I happen to think that Alaric is more than capable at LT.
Does that mean if he's more than capable teams shouldn't try to upgrade one of the 2 or 3 most important positions in the game? I get it Ramily has their hearts set on a certain position to be drafted more than even a player. But upgrading LT isn't a bad way to build a team.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can the draft please happen so we can switch to the discussions of how the Rams fucked up the draft and the fans were right? :D

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Can the draft please happen so we can switch to the discussions of how the Rams fucked up the draft and the fans were right? :D
Yeah they fucked up alright....you know they fucked up big time when they did that for something that hasn't even happened yet!

What The Wtf GIF by Justin

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Does that mean if he's more than capable teams shouldn't try to upgrade one of the 2 or 3 most important positions in the game? I get it Ramily has their hearts set on a certain position to be drafted more than even a player. But upgrading LT isn't a bad way to build a team.
I don't disagree but I think any other positions outside of QB and OL propel the team for next season.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I don't disagree but I think any other positions outside of QB and OL propel the team for next season.

I mean, I agree. There's a lot of OL I don't want in this draft, and we did upgrade it a lot in the offseason. But if we trade up for Fashanu (or Alt; I know it's not going to happen, but I can dream.), that's a cheap five-year starter at left tackle (because let's be honest: we're probably not re-signing A-Jax).

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And if Jackson was a one year wonder flash in the pan UDFA it has as great a chance of happening as the other draft picks taking us to another level. And taking a 1st round LT doesn't mean we can't add playmakers to the D. Just look at Young and Turner.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

If they do go LT in the 1st round please make sure he's a good, smart, committed football player and not just go on measurables.

I still don't understand how they picked GRap 2nd overall after interviewing him. What did they see that impressed them?

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
The ESPN simulator may be the best. The player rankings look more realistic than PFN and no crazy trade offers like Mockdraft. Didn't do any trades though b/c none were offered.

ESPN Draft 2024-04-20 221415.png

PARAM

Hall of Fame
lar.png

Los Angeles Rams
Round 1, Pick 19
4427170.png

Troy Fautanu
Washington
Rk: 11
OT
Chance available at Pick
55%
Chance available at Next Pick
<5%
Round 2, Pick 52
4428989.png

Chris Braswell
Alabama
Rk: 41
OLB
Chance available at Pick
53%
14%
Round 3, Pick 83
4427090.png

Brandon Dorlus
Oregon
Rk: 53
DT
Chance available at Pick
72%
42%
Round 3, Pick 99
4429097.png

Curtis Jacobs
Penn State
Rk: 84
ILB
Chance available at Pick
91%
53%
Round 5, Pick 154
4430723.png

Jared Wiley
TCU
Rk: 119
TE
Chance available at Pick
78%
77%
Round 5, Pick 155
4365303.png

Myles Cole
Texas Tech
Rk: 107
DE
Chance available at Pick
95%
79%
Round 6, Pick 196
4696211.png

Malik Mustapha
Wake Forest
Rk: 144
S
Chance available at Pick
93%
89%
Round 6, Pick 209
4429058.png

Jaylen Harrell
Michigan
Rk: 207
OLB
Chance available at Pick
94%
92%
Round 6, Pick 213
4429835.png

George Holani
Boise St.
Rk: 270
RB
Chance available at Pick
>95%
>95%
Round 6, Pick 217
4426446.png

Caedan Wallace
Penn State
Rk: 103
OT
Chance available at Pick
77%
57%
Round 7, Pick 254
4572371.png

Josh Wallace
Michigan
Rk: 195
CB
Chance available at Pick
71%
--%

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
lar.png

Los Angeles Rams
Round 1, Pick 19
4427170.png

Troy Fautanu
Washington
OT
Chance available at Pick
55%
<5%
Round 2, Pick 52
4428989.png

Chris Braswell
Alabama
OLB
Chance available at Pick
53%
14%
Round 3, Pick 83
4427090.png

Brandon Dorlus
Oregon
DT
Chance available at Pick
72%
42%
Round 3, Pick 99
4429097.png

Curtis Jacobs
Penn State
ILB
Chance available at Pick
91%
53%
Round 5, Pick 154
4430723.png

Jared Wiley
TCU
TE
Chance available at Pick
78%
77%
Round 5, Pick 155
4365303.png

Myles Cole
Texas Tech
DE
Chance available at Pick
95%
79%
Round 6, Pick 196
4696211.png

Malik Mustapha
Wake Forest
S
Chance available at Pick
93%
89%
Round 6, Pick 209
4429058.png

Jaylen Harrell
Michigan
OLB
Chance available at Pick
94%
92%
Round 6, Pick 213
4429835.png

George Holani
Boise St.
RB
Chance available at Pick
>95%
>95%
Round 6, Pick 217
4426446.png

Caedan Wallace
Penn State
OT
Chance available at Pick
77%
57%
Round 7, Pick 254
4572371.png

Josh Wallace
Michigan
CB
Chance available at Pick
71%
--%
Don't like a few of the players but hey we're all wrong in this season myself as much if not more than others! That said another great example of upgrading the front 7 and replacing all those snaps after drafting a LT in the first! Excellent :)

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
lar.png

Los Angeles Rams
Round 1, Pick 19
4427170.png

Troy Fautanu
Washington
OT
Chance available at Pick
55%
<5%
Round 2, Pick 52
4428989.png

Chris Braswell
Alabama
OLB
Chance available at Pick
53%
14%
Round 3, Pick 83
4427090.png

Brandon Dorlus
Oregon
DT
Chance available at Pick
72%
42%
Round 3, Pick 99
4429097.png

Curtis Jacobs
Penn State
ILB
Chance available at Pick
91%
53%
Round 5, Pick 154
4430723.png

Jared Wiley
TCU
TE
Chance available at Pick
78%
77%
Round 5, Pick 155
4365303.png

Myles Cole
Texas Tech
DE
Chance available at Pick
95%
79%
Round 6, Pick 196
4696211.png

Malik Mustapha
Wake Forest
S
Chance available at Pick
93%
89%
Round 6, Pick 209
4429058.png

Jaylen Harrell
Michigan
OLB
Chance available at Pick
94%
92%
Round 6, Pick 213
4429835.png

George Holani
Boise St.
RB
Chance available at Pick
>95%
>95%
Round 6, Pick 217
4426446.png

Caedan Wallace
Penn State
OT
Chance available at Pick
77%
57%
Round 7, Pick 254
4572371.png

Josh Wallace
Michigan
CB
Chance available at Pick
71%
--%
I think Fautanu is a really good OL prospect.. but I don't think he's a fit at that draft point for the Rams. He's a guy who a lot of people think will end up being a dominant guard.. and the Rams got three of those already, imo.