Mock Draft Tidbits / 2024 Draft Talk

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
McVay is going to be in the carpool lane too but he’ll be in a Koenigsegg Jesko Absolut. :biggrin:
Had to look that up so you would have to. Penix is a pass for me. But McVay may think different.
Thank you for thinking about me. lol
And, no.. I won't let him borrow the KJA.. he's too much of a lead foot.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
PFN_Draft_result_1711930024739.png

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I love being able to get 6 picks in top 104.

I feel like I may be the only one on here who has serious issues with a guy who's 360 when he's drafted. I just don't think that's sustainable and worry about his fitness.
Sainristil is a guy many love, but I feel like drafting an undersized corner is a bad idea. They've got two in Durant and Tomlinson. Tomlinson, especially, imo.. profiles similarly. Kid needs to stop committing penalties though.
I think I understand the Estime pick.. he seems like a guy who can keep the run game going at a high level if Kyren is out. My preference is a more explosive compliment... and you may have gotten that in Guerendo.

I hope they can move back the way you did in this draft.. Would make me very happy.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Had to stop looking when Caleb Williams went 8 and McCarthy went 1 :laugh1:. Why would mock draft databases do that? Caleb is a guaranteed first pick, they can at least make that stadard.

Don't hate your mock, just dislike the AI used in that database.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Had to stop looking when Caleb Williams went 8 and McCarthy went 1 :laugh1:. Why would mock draft databases do that? Caleb is a guaranteed first pick, they can at least make that stadard.

Don't hate your mock, just dislike the AI used in that database.
Only time I restart is if one of those guys or a "sure fire" top 10 pick falls to us. I don't care that a team at 8 gets him as long as he's not there for us which should be the case.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Damn son, you passed on Bowers? Did you have to knock out McVay? Chloroform? Stupify!
Normally I reset at those kind of things. But players that I think are gone before us I usually pass on to try to be more realistic.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

If that happened, I would definitely not be a happy camper. Verse, Mitchell, Arnold, Murphy, etc all still available, so we take a second-tier tackle prospect. :thumbsdown:
No offense to Keith Sanchez (whoever that is) but that is a terrible mock draft. Kool Aid 5 picks before Arnold and 10 picks before Mitchell?! Byron Murphy, Thomas Jr, and DeJean not even in the 1st round while Rakestraw, Coleman, Legette, Suamataia are? I'm not saying its not possible, but its extremely unlikely that those 3 are not picked in the 1st. I'd think the Rams would be on the phone to move up if those 3 guys were sitting there in the 2nd.

Also, terrible Rams pick.

WestCoastRam

Legend

If that happened, I would definitely not be a happy camper. Verse, Mitchell, Arnold, Murphy, etc all still available, so we take a second-tier tackle prospect. :thumbsdown:
Arnold who could immediately play nickel and upgrade that spot and move to outside corner after White this year and is possibly best CB in this draft left on the table... bwahahahaha

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Charlie Campbell Mock

I guess this guy has a fairly good track record for mocks. We land Mitchell at #19 which I can't complain about. In the 2nd we land Edgerrin Cooper, who I have a draft crush on. If he is able to play the edge some and bump inside on some downs, he could be a pretty great weapon on the defense. He certainly rushed the passer well last year, but, he did have a lot of unblocked sacks. My issue with this pick is, Newton is still on the board and not picked until 60. Imagine a draft where we get Mitchell AND Newton without having to trade.

Our 3rd round picks:
83 - Rattler (Sweat went a few picks prior :thumbsdown:) - Solid swing for the fences, though with Bennett back, are we just giving up on him?
99 - DeWayne Carter (not very familiar with but Kamara goes next pick)

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Charlie Campbell Mock

I guess this guy has a fairly good track record for mocks. We land Mitchell at #19 which I can't complain about. In the 2nd we land Edgerrin Cooper, ... My issue with this pick is, Newton is still on the board and not picked until 60.

Right there is where this Mock Draft loses me.

Can you imagine a world where Jer'Zhan Newton is still on-the-board at #60?

I can't.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
No offense to Keith Sanchez (whoever that is) but that is a terrible mock draft. Kool Aid 5 picks before Arnold and 10 picks before Mitchell?! Byron Murphy, Thomas Jr, and DeJean not even in the 1st round while Rakestraw, Coleman, Legette, Suamataia are? I'm not saying its not possible, but its extremely unlikely that those 3 are not picked in the 1st. I'd think the Rams would be on the phone to move up if those 3 guys were sitting there in the 2nd.

Also, terrible Rams pick.
This seems like a clueless fanboy mock.
Charlie Campbell Mock

I guess this guy has a fairly good track record for mocks. We land Mitchell at #19 which I can't complain about. In the 2nd we land Edgerrin Cooper, who I have a draft crush on. If he is able to play the edge some and bump inside on some downs, he could be a pretty great weapon on the defense. He certainly rushed the passer well last year, but, he did have a lot of unblocked sacks. My issue with this pick is, Newton is still on the board and not picked until 60. Imagine a draft where we get Mitchell AND Newton without having to trade.

Our 3rd round picks:
83 - Rattler (Sweat went a few picks prior :thumbsdown:) - Solid swing for the fences, though with Bennett back, are we just giving up on him?
Maybe Campbell focuses more on the conference of his favorite college team. He has Newton (Big10) going at 60. And seems to think Damien Robinson went to Penn State (Big Ten).

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Charlie Campbell Mock

Our 3rd round picks:
If we get Mitchell and Newton with the 1st 2 picks without trading.....

sploosh GIF

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member