Mock Draft Tidbits / 2024 Draft Talk

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

sloramfan

Starter
the rams are trading down.. bank on it...

they have been betting on more is better since mcvay arrived..

go rams

slo

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen

go rams

slo
There will be no shortage of bidders for that pick.

muggmeister

Rookie
I know as Rams fans that's where we go.. the biggest difference is that the tape he does have is in a system that translates to the NFL better than either of those two.
I don't think it's a real comp to those two, to be honest.
The biggest question for me about Mims is that we already have the OT from Georgia that kept him on Georgia's bench 2 seasons ago. His chances of being a bust far outweigh the chances of him becoming a Pro Bowler or even average starter.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
The biggest question for me about Mims is that we already have the OT from Georgia that kept him on Georgia's bench 2 seasons ago. His chances of being a bust far outweigh the chances of him becoming a Pro Bowler or even average starter.
Oh, I think the chances of him being a bust are far lower than of him making a pro bowl at some point.
He was younger but was clearly better when he replaced McClendon in CFB playoffs. I acknowledged.. there’s a lot of projection, but the floor for this kid, if he cares, is pretty decent and the ceiling is very high.
I’m not calling for the Rams to draft him, I simply wondered how easy he’ll be to pass up.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Half the snaps but almost the same production as Newton? Murphy seemed to get as many double teams as Sweat did, if not more. I like both Murphy and Newton, but the snap count argument isn't that effective based on production. Give Murphy as many snaps as Newton and his production would likely warrant a top 10 pick. For example, a good indicator of pass rushing effectiveness is hurries. In 749 snaps, Newton had 28 hurries (15.4% win rate), which is excellent for an interior pass rusher. Murphy had 438 snaps, 36 hurries and an insane 19.6% pass rush win rate.

Also if comparing them side by side, Murphy played against much better competition. I like them both, I just think Murphy is the superior talent.
Murphy had more help on the line.

Yeah, the Vikings are the best spot for any of the first round QBs. I’ve heard that they want McCarthy. However they’ve visited with Nix a few times now.

go rams

slo
They tried to trade up to round one last April.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Two RBs that I really like for the Rams are Bucky Irving from Oregon ( 5’-9”, 192 lbs. maybe round 3), and Tyrone Tracy (5’-11” 209 lbs, round 5 projection).

Irving gets compared to Kyren Williams by some sites.

I think Tracy could be a sleeper. He was a former receiver at Iowa and transferred to Purdue. For all of you here that love the ‘falls forward’ types, he is your guy. He sometimes looks like a pinball as he breaks tackles and redirects, but he fights for extra yards on every play. Being a former receiver, he’s a good pass catching option too. He could be a good player to start out on kick returns.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Murphy had more help on the line.

Yeah, the Vikings are the best spot for any of the first round QBs. I’ve heard that they want McCarthy. However they’ve visited with Nix a few times now.

They tried to trade up to round one last April.
I bet they'd give their left nut or 3 1sts and change for Maye but don't think it'll happen. Shame too, I like Maye a lot but think he can be ruined by the wrong situation like the Pats. They have the worst roster in the NFL, I think. If Maye or Daniels ends up there I think they could be ruined (I think Daniels less than Maye needs an ideal spot to succeed).

I don't love Kingsbury developing a rookie QB but at least there's some talent on that roster, especially on offense.

Last edited:

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Half the snaps but almost the same production as Newton? Murphy seemed to get as many double teams as Sweat did, if not more. I like both Murphy and Newton, but the snap count argument isn't that effective based on production. Give Murphy as many snaps as Newton and his production would likely warrant a top 10 pick. For example, a good indicator of pass rushing effectiveness is hurries. In 749 snaps, Newton had 28 hurries (15.4% win rate), which is excellent for an interior pass rusher. Murphy had 438 snaps, 36 hurries and an insane 19.6% pass rush win rate.

Also if comparing them side by side, Murphy played against much better competition. I like them both, I just think Murphy is the superior talent.
No way Murphy is more superior. Swear definitely takes up more blockers allowing Murphy to be more impactful. Newton seems to have more pass move counters and better hand usage, 2 things that'll translate well to the NFL. I think both will be good honestly but I think Newton will prove to be the superior pro.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Two RBs that I really like for the Rams are Bucky Irving from Oregon ( 5’-9”, 192 lbs. maybe round 3), and Tyrone Tracy (5’-11” 209 lbs, round 5 projection).

Irving gets compared to Kyren Williams by some sites.

I think Tracy could be a sleeper. He was a former receiver at Iowa and transferred to Purdue. For all of you here that love the ‘falls forward’ types, he is your guy. He sometimes looks like a pinball as he breaks tackles and redirects, but he fights for extra yards on every play. Being a former receiver, he’s a good pass catching option too. He could be a good player to start out on kick returns.
Love Bucky Irving. He has great contact balance, which to me is a trait that is overlooked. Nothing more annoying than a player that is easily taken down. This is what makes Puka so special as a WR. Loved to add that element in Bucky Irving since Kyren has good contact balance as well.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Screenshot_20240330_121409_Samsung Internet.jpg

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
No way Murphy is more superior. Swear definitely takes up more blockers allowing Murphy to be more impactful. Newton seems to have more pass move counters and better hand usage, 2 things that'll translate well to the NFL. I think both will be good honestly but I think Newton will prove to be the superior pro.
Lol at no way. I think you'll find that Murphy got double teamed as much if not more then Sweat. Newton could certainly be better, but so could Murphy. There is a a way.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Happy to entertain Newton being better than Murphy but how is it that no one really has Newton over Murphy in their rankings and it's not even like they're ranked that close to each other?

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Lol at no way. I think you'll find that Murphy got double teamed as much if not more then Sweat. Newton could certainly be better, but so could Murphy. There is a a way.
Nah no way lol......we just gonna have to agree to disagree even though I'm right hahahaha

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Happy to entertain Newton being better than Murphy but how is it that no one really has Newton over Murphy in their rankings and it's not even like they're ranked that close to each other?
No one had Puka up there, just saying lol.... honestly, I think both will be good though. I just personally like Newton better. Time will only tell as no one truly knows

WestCoastRam

Legend
No one had Puka up there, just saying lol.... honestly, I think both will be good though. I just personally like Newton better. Time will only tell as no one truly knows
True... but there was a significant injury hx with Puka that had teams worried.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Media draftnik rankings are still fluid and Newton hasn't worked out yet due to his foot injury.

But after a quick search I see that Rob Rang, (Fox Sports), Pro Football Focus, 33rd Team & Bucky Brooks (nfl.com) have Newton rated higher.

Last edited:

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
True... but there was a significant injury hx with Puka that had teams worried.
Yeah you got a good point there. Hopefully, in the case that we draft Newton, it's an overlooked history that works in our favor. I just really love the pass rush potential he has. Collapsing the pocket is a big issue for most QBs.