Mock Draft Tidbits / 2024 Draft Talk

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dang

Legend
If they can, that's some grade A+ maneuvering. I'd be like.......

Bowing Down Waynes World GIF
That would give the Rams another R3.85 - R3.95 pick. Ideal for a RB2 or CB/S.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
That would give the Rams another R3.85 - R3.95 pick. Ideal for a RB2 or CB/S.
Any extra picks we can get only give us that much more if a chance to hit on a pick. If we can do that, it would be awesome. I personally want Trey Benson as a RB2 as that would be the ultimate 1-2 punch with Kyren. Can't argue using it for defensive help either as the depth their needs much improvement as well.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Oh, I think the chances of him being a bust are far lower than of him making a pro bowl at some point.
He was younger but was clearly better when he replaced McClendon in CFB playoffs. I acknowledged.. there’s a lot of projection, but the floor for this kid, if he cares, is pretty decent and the ceiling is very high.
I’m not calling for the Rams to draft him, I simply wondered how easy he’ll be to pass up.
As easy as passing a Prius on the interstate!

WestCoastRam

Legend
Media draftnik rankings are still fluid and Newton hasn't worked out yet due to his foot injury.

But after a quick search I see that Rob Rang, (Fox Sports), Pro Football Focus, 33rd Team & Bucky Brooks (nfl.com) have Newton rated higher.
Interesting, I like the 33rd Teams work.

Edit: Whoa, PFF has Newton as 8th best prospect in the draft. That's... a take.

Last edited:

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
As easy as passing a Prius on the interstate!
Not if you’re in traffic and that Prius gets to use the carpool lanes lol.

Yeah.. I have no idea.. just one of those interesting possibilities in the draft.

Heck.. people are talking up Penix to the Rams.. who knows?

dang

Legend
I’m really zeroed in on DT in R1. My opinion for what it’s worth is Newton is the better player but Murphy is the higher profile player because of who he played with/for.
I like Lindy’s Sports Drafts Assessments because they aren’t just focused on stats. They provide substantiated pro comparisons:
Newton - Pro Comp Aaron Donald - Few players in recent years have had the type of pass rushing polish and juice that Newton brings. While Donald is in his own realm as a player, the two are viewed similarly as prospects who lacked ideal size or length but make up for it with elite quickness and hand usage, it’s unlikely that Newton can match Donald’s success but a few Pro Bowls and an all Pro nod wouldn’t be out of his grasp.
Murphy- Pro Comp Maurice Hurst. A first round talent who fell to the fifth due to a heart condition, Hurst started off hot with 7.5 sacks in his first two seasons, but mounting injuries have limited his impact since then. Murphy is in the same bucket as an undersized but twitchy pass rushing defensive tackle who should have an immediate impact in the passing game as a rookie.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
@dang it’s completely unreasonable to compare to ADPOY. He’s one of one. I know that’s not your comparison, but as a Rams fan, that’s a no.

dang

Legend
@dang it’s completely unreasonable to compare to ADPOY. He’s one of one. I know that’s not your comparison, but as a Rams fan, that’s a no.
Ummm…it’s not unreasonable to compare any player to another player. However, it would be unreasonable to think any other player could be expected to be an equal to Donald. No one can replace Donald but any player that shows even some of Donald’s traits is worth a close look. That’s the point of the post.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Not if you’re in traffic and that Prius gets to use the carpool lanes lol.

Yeah.. I have no idea.. just one of those interesting possibilities in the draft.

Heck.. people are talking up Penix to the Rams.. who knows?
McVay is going to be in the carpool lane too but he’ll be in a Koenigsegg Jesko Absolut. :biggrin:
Had to look that up so you would have to. Penix is a pass for me. But McVay may think different.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Was pretty standard during the season but he fell off a bit and other players rose namely QB's and WR.

kmramsfan

Old School Ram Fan
Name
Keith
Two RBs that I really like for the Rams are Bucky Irving from Oregon ( 5’-9”, 192 lbs. maybe round 3), and Tyrone Tracy (5’-11” 209 lbs, round 5 projection).

Irving gets compared to Kyren Williams by some sites.

I think Tracy could be a sleeper. He was a former receiver at Iowa and transferred to Purdue. For all of you here that love the ‘falls forward’ types, he is your guy. He sometimes looks like a pinball as he breaks tackles and redirects, but he fights for extra yards on every play. Being a former receiver, he’s a good pass catching option too. He could be a good player to start out on kick returns.
I've watched many Oregon games, being a huge Duck's guy too. Bucky seems to power through the holes and also has decent overall speed. His burst is outstanding. He has nice hands out of the backfield with swing passes.
I'd be pretty jacked up about seeing Bucky Irving in horns too.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion

I think they just readjusted their big board. This is interesting because they themselves have Murphy with a higher PFF rating in every single category (by a margin in some categories). So which is it PFF? They have Murphy at 13 FWIW.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Two RBs that I really like for the Rams are Bucky Irving from Oregon ( 5’-9”, 192 lbs. maybe round 3), and Tyrone Tracy (5’-11” 209 lbs, round 5 projection).

Irving gets compared to Kyren Williams by some sites.

I think Tracy could be a sleeper. He was a former receiver at Iowa and transferred to Purdue. For all of you here that love the ‘falls forward’ types, he is your guy. He sometimes looks like a pinball as he breaks tackles and redirects, but he fights for extra yards on every play. Being a former receiver, he’s a good pass catching option too. He could be a good player to start out on kick returns.
Tracy was actually a WR at Iowa his first few years before transferring to Purdue to be a RB.

Had some success as a freshman at WR. So, he'd kind of a WR/RB that could be fun to use in different ways.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Not sure Tracy from Purdue will be a sleeper, my guess is he goes fairly high in this RB class (respective to the class and not the draft overall).