Mock Draft Tidbits / 2024 Draft Talk

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’m not sure if the Rams are seeing McClendon as a Tackle, but if so, then he could have this season to instill confidence in the staff that he’s ready to step in in ‘25 if need be.

Whether or not the Rams draft a Tackle should tell us what the Rams are thinking about McClendon at Tackle.
If you insist :) He played RT in preseason games for us as well.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
oops my bad
But on my imaginary first round grade list, Latu is absent there too. I just don't have faith in a player with an injury history playing a game with so many injuries. If he played second base, I'd say grab him!!!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
But on my imaginary first round grade list, Latu is absent there too. I just don't have faith in a player with an injury history playing a game with so many injuries. If he played second base, I'd say grab him!!!
I guess I have a little more faith than the experts. I see about 25 1st rounders. That's why I think the Rams could trade back that far and take who falls and gain a Top 100 pick. I think the 2nd round is flush with 2nd round talent with some slipping into the 3rd.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Yeah, it's the ESPN list. I would expect most peoples top 50 boards, etc... include Latu without the injury risk. He's a guy who's almost full formed as a rusher but has nowhere to go athletically (he's most likely maxed out) and I think that's why people don't have him ranked higher than late first round.

If the injury is an issue, we'll see him fall to somewhere like the 3rd. It's not the difference between a few spots in the 1st.

I'll give you a comp btw for him that's a Rams guy... Chris Long. I'm not comping him just cause he's a Rams dude. Another guy who had a ceiling athletically but had a well developed arsenal of moves. I actually would say Long was a bit more athletic and a really stout run defender too which Latu may struggle with in the NFL.
that's interesting West, when you say maxed out do you mean athletically in the sense of strength and speed or do you mean how much bigger the guy can get? asking because Latu doesn't look like a guy who hits the weight room very hard. In street clothes he doesn't look like a football player. My guess is if his injury allows it he could get a lot stronger and bit faster if he hit the weight room a little harder.

WestCoastRam

Legend
that's interesting West, when you say maxed out do you mean athletically in the sense of strength and speed or do you mean how much bigger the guy can get? asking because Latu doesn't look like a guy who hits the weight room very hard. In street clothes he doesn't look like a football player. My guess is if his injury allows it he could get a lot stronger and bit faster if he hit the weight room a little harder.
It's just been in a lot of his draft profiles that he's maxed out athletically so I assume it's everything, height, weight (muscle on frame), speed, etc... I'm not sure injury has anything to do with it.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I don’t give Turner a first round grade. He doesn’t play the run well and he’s got one move. I’d take Newton over him.

And no Latu?
Damn. First Turner hate I've heard other than he's not a blue chipper like in previous drafts! No Latu. That sounds about right. He's a dude who isn't a 1st rounder grade wise but will prob go in the 20s this draft.

Edit: I have very little to go on with Turner. I've only been watching guys that I think we have a shot at and a few of the QBs and top WRs.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
If you insist :) He played RT in preseason games for us as well.
Yes, but when Havenstein was out, McClendon did not get the start.

All I’m saying is that Wallace would be a good player to land late in the draft because the Rams will be looking for a starting RT sooner than later and the next man up does not appear to be a slam dunk at this point.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I guess I have a little more faith than the experts. I see about 25 1st rounders. That's why I think the Rams could trade back that far and take who falls and gain a Top 100 pick. I think the 2nd round is flush with 2nd round talent with some slipping into the 3rd.
How conveeeeeeeeeeeenient!

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
It's just been in a lot of his draft profiles that he's maxed out athletically so I assume it's everything, height, weight (muscle on frame), speed, etc... I'm not sure injury has anything to do with it.
yeah surprised by that because just looking at him I don't get the maxed label

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Well, if we pick him I hope he eats his 'roids!
Oh No Omg GIF

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes, but when Havenstein was out, McClendon did not get the start.

All I’m saying is that Wallace would be a good player to land late in the draft because the Rams will be looking for a starting RT sooner than later and the next man up does not appear to be a slam dunk at this point.
Because Boom is the swing OT.

muggmeister

Rookie
I don’t give Turner a first round grade. He doesn’t play the run well and he’s got one move. I’d take Newton over him.

And no Latu?
Turner is a 15 yard penalty waiting to happen. Total headhunter who benefited playing on stacked Bama defenses. Latu at 19 (or slight trade up) or trade down if not available. If a trade down is what happens I trust McSnead to make the right decision.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Favorite picks in your mock:
Verse (wouldn’t that be great?)
Davis (have him in my mock in the mock draft forum
Hall (I think he would look good on the Rams interior)
My target actually was Fiske earlier but he went off the board. That round 3 pick at DT is kinda risky but oh well.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Is it April 25th yet? Sheesshhh. It’s fun to speculate but I think I’m done. I want new players NOW. I’m total Veruca Salt

1712023262299.png