MNF: Chiefs at Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PatDaddy13

Rookie
Well that’s simply obvious. Don’t be ridiculous. That doesn’t compare.

The game is tied....so you honestly feel the praise is equal? I highly damn doubt it. But you keep feelin what ya feel!

Yeah, it has been comparable. But like most fans you don't hear the good stuff aimed at the Rams.

Ramer

Been a Ram fan too long to quit now
Nice start but this is now more like what I was worried about The Rams O flattened out and except for Donald's strip, the secondary is just about bled out...This could get ugly without some real changes on both sides of the ball

How long can our O masquerade the elephant on the team? I mean love this team like the next guy and I'm enjoying the heck out of this year.. but the thruth is not even HFA in the playoff might make a difference with this D

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
4 JS for 26 yards last week.

On my, Joyner, he's so bad ... he's not gonna get paid.
I'v also seen quite a few jest sweeps in the last few games where the runner was stuffed behind the LOS because the defense was ready..

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah I've been saying Wade lacks the players for his scheme and he does... and the Chiefs offense makes a lot of teams look bad...

But I'm seeing things schematically and structure wise that are lacking in creativity - that don't match the creativity of the offenses they are playing against.

For one Hill should be double covered on every play...

Right now we aren't taking away ANYTHING - all their options are there. That's horrible strategy.

Hopefully we come up with some adjustments for the 2nd half.

Hill kind of is being doubled on every play. Johnson and Joyner are just not doing their jobs.

James Otto

Starter
I actually give Phillips a little credit. He refuses to give in and blitz. I think he has an idea what to do and is just trying to figure out exactly what.

As for McVay I have zero problem with the play calling. They can not run the ball so just pass.

If they cannot run the ball against KC, they are getting OUTCOACHED, period. KC's run defense is worse than ours.

MachS

Hall of Fame
To think they called themselves LOCK-ANGELES. If Wade stays in man, Mahomes will throw at least 6 TDs.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Wade will make his patented adjustments....Just a note to the negative folks..The Rams normally win when Aaron Donald has a sack in a game...let alone a strip sack caused TD

Not seeing it tonight man. Hopeful of course but outside of that one play our vaunted DL got handled pretty well by an OL with backups thanks to quick passes and runs.

Honestly, there's nothing we can do on D. Wade is doing what I hoped he would. It's simply not working. The only thing I can think of doing is using the punt-gunner coverage on Hill to tie him up at the LOS. Put Joyner and Shields on him. It's not like Joyner is doing jack crap in zone coverage.
cj_medium.gif

Yep. DC can only do so much. Players gotta make plays and we're set up to lose too many matchups vs this offense.

Again though... Joyner needs to know where Hill is. That first TD was some serious BS. If he can't prioritize correctly on that play when his CB is beat for an endzone strike he needs to be on the bench.

Ellard80

Legend
I actually give Phillips a little credit. He refuses to give in and blitz. I think he has an idea what to do and is just trying to figure out exactly what.

As for McVay I have zero problem with the play calling. They can not run the ball so just pass.

uhhh...

Zodi

Hall of Fame
If they cannot run the ball against KC, they are getting OUTCOACHED, period. KC's run defense is worse than ours.

You can coach up a hyper extended knee?

The Chiefs are as bad in coverage as they are against the run so I'm not sure what you're on about.

RamWoodie

Legend
I'm really sorry to say this but I think Wade might be the liability. It's just not good defensive play calling.
Not sure about this. You can make a good playcall to a defense...but with the youth in the secondary, if they don't read and react properly it won't matter...especially with a QB that can buy time.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not seeing it tonight man. Hopeful of course but outside of that one play our vaunted DL got handled pretty well by an OL with backups thanks to quick passes and runs.

Yep. DC can only do so much. Players gotta make plays and we're set up to lose too many matchups vs this offense.

Again though... Joyner needs to know where Hill is. That first TD was some serious BS. If he can't prioritize correctly on that play when his CB is beat for an endzone strike he needs to be on the bench.
You give up if you want.I see 0-0 and we are home to KICK THEIR ASSES!

James Otto

Starter
You can coach up a hyper extended knee?

The Chiefs are as bad in coverage as they are against the run so I'm not sure what you're on about.

Malcolm Brown is a fully capable runner. Everybody has had success running on KC.

Bootleg

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah the D looks pretty bad, but then again I heard a rumor that the Chiefs' offense is really good... so maybe that has something to with it. :)

The thing that bugged me a little was McVay going for the bomb (failed) on first down when we are down a point. Then coming back with a vanilla off tackle run by Gurley. Big momentum killer there. Go for the bomb when we're ahead not when we're trailing and need to move down the field.