MLB hot stove 2020

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I must be naive because I just read a tweet saying, “ Don’t listen to anything Pgammons or Jheyman say. They are on the Boras payroll”.

This was in regards to them claiming that Gerrit Cole is open to moving to New York.
It never dawned on me that an agent would buy the press. Gammons and Heyman used to be first class in my book. But now they just seem like sellouts. I guess it’s too be expected when a guy is nearing the end of his career and wants to cash in. Boras is sneaky good.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I must be naive because I just read a tweet saying, “ Don’t listen to anything Pgammons or Jheyman say. They are on the Boras payroll”.

This was in regards to them claiming that Gerrit Cole is open to moving to New York.
It never dawned on me that an agent would buy the press. Gammons and Heyman used to be first class in my book. But now they just seem like sellouts. I guess it’s too be expected when a guy is nearing the end of his career and wants to cash in. Boras is sneaky good.
It's something a lot of Dodger fans have said for years now. Boras and his clients and it seems his mouthpieces like those two mentioned always link the Dodgers to free agents. The result? Teams offer a little more because they know the Dodgers are willing to spend and he and his client get a little bit sweeter of a deal. If they link a free agent or trade target to the Dodgers take it with a huge grain of salt.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd stop watching baseball if that prick wore the Dodgers uniform.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Since Cole did in fact sign with the Yankees, I'm guessing Gammons and Heyman are honest, and whomever did that tweet is on somebody's payroll

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Since Cole did in fact sign with the Yankees, I'm guessing Gammons and Heyman are honest, and whomever did that tweet is on somebody's payroll

I read it in more than one place. It seems it is widely for the last few years. known that Gammons and Heyman are on Boras’ payroll. One way they’d benefit from the relationship is that they get the inside scoop, first.

Gammons was also bringing up some mystery teams involved in the Cole chase but that appears to be false. He likely was trying to pressure teams to offer more.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
Is he a jerk? I got away from baseball back when he was a big thing.
I couldn't stand him as a Dodger fan, he had quite a few run-ins with Dodgers players, Muncy most recently. He plugged Puig at least once that I can remember, I think Puig stared him down after a homer.

Giants fans loved him for good reason. It would be a tough one to swallow, but if he had a Verlander-esque late career, I think Giants fans would end up much more bitter about his signing than Dodgers fans.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
I couldn't stand him as a Dodger fan, he had quite a few run-ins with Dodgers players, Muncy most recently. He plugged Puig at least once that I can remember, I think Puig stared him down after a homer.

Giants fans loved him for good reason. It would be a tough one to swallow, but if he had a Verlander-esque late career, I think Giants fans would end up much more bitter about his signing than Dodgers fans.
Any batter that stares down a pitcher is going to get one in the ribs.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Is he a jerk? I got away from baseball back when he was a big thing.
He’s one of those ultimate hypocrits and there on the Dodgers too but he celebrates a big pitch or out and shows emotion then gets pissed when others do the same too him. This story explains it well. I still need one of those shirts.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Any batter that stares down a pitcher is going to get one in the ribs.
But it’s ok for him to stare down somebody? Sorry he’s a prick and everybody including Giants fans know it.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
But it’s ok for him to stare down somebody? Sorry he’s a prick and everybody including Giants fans know it.
Perhaps I misunderstand. The batter Puig stared down a pitcher after the batter Puig hit a homerun? If so don't be surprised to get one in the ribs next at bat.

Now if the batter didn't stare him down, didn't gesture towards him or didn't mouth off while rounding the bases and still got one in the ribs that would be bad sportsmanship.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
Perhaps I misunderstand. The batter Puig stared down a pitcher after the batter Puig hit a homerun? If so don't be surprised to get one in the ribs next at bat.

Now if the batter didn't stare him down, didn't gesture towards him or didn't mouth off while rounding the bases and still got one in the ribs that would be bad sportsmanship.
I was wrong. He was staring at him after a routine put out at first base. The original thing that started it was Bumgarner freaking out about Puig's bat flips. That feud has continued on even with the Reds.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

If it was just one player and one time maybe. But he’s got such a reputation for being an ass everybody pokes him. Its funny though he got mad at Muncy last year for watching a ball head into McCovy cove. And even with the time Max took to talk back to Bum he still took less time to round the bases than Bum did on his last two or three Home runs.

Now I’m no fan of showboating players whether it’s this or a players showing off after getting a first down on a random play in the first quarter. But to be a hypocrite and get in somebody’s face for doing what you yourself are guilty of doing? Yeah they can piss off.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
If it was just one player and one time maybe. But he’s got such a reputation for being an ass everybody pokes him. Its funny though he got mad at Muncy last year for watching a ball head into McCovy cove. And even with the time Max took to talk back to Bum he still took less time to round the bases than Bum did on his last two or three Home runs.
Which lead to Muncy's amazing quote (and shirt)
go_get_it_out_of_the_ocean-shirt_600x.jpg