Mistake to Make Shula DC

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Priority #1 - Teach Verse how to break it down when chasing the QB

Priority #2 for both Fiske and Verse
IMG_9815.jpeg

BC Ramfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
BC Ramfan
Priority #1 - Teach Verse how to break it down when chasing the QB

Priority #2 for both Fiske and Verse
View attachment 67736
IMO both rookies are rushing too out of control, they're not used to NFL mobile QBs.
Therefore they get lots of "pressures" as they get there fast, but no sacks cause they get there TOO fast.
They'll learn, they''ve been well taught in the last 2 weeks.

BC

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Yes, three weeks is enough time to determine the success or lack thereof, by our new DC. :dizzy:

19 PPG from our offense isn't going to win many games, no matter how good the D plays.

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
Agree. But I don't want to see only 3 people rushing the passer any more. Purdy had all day (literally) to find receivers when Shula made those calls. The secondary needs a pass rush to hurry the QB.
I didn't like it either. Purdy had 10 seconds on one play and even Sanchez mentioned it. But I'm guessing we were in dime on that play due to Purdy beating us over the top several times earlier. That said I believe in him and have a feeling we will all be happy with Shula by seasons end.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
We have 2 nd worst D. I'm ready to throw the towel in on 24. Sad.
Cool story bro. You gave a rookie DC with rookie and 2nd year players all over the line, 3 weeks to produce a top 15 defense. Totally reasonable. Totally.

See you next season.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Do we have a good defense? No we don't. It is among the worst. But who expected this to be a finished product 3 games in? We're gonna have to be patient. Wait and see how it unfolds. The talent is there. Its just raw right now. This could be a solid defense over the next few years. They have 14 games to improve this year. Let them.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Your very first post stated that you were a ‘lifelong fan’ and you were ‘looking forward to a great season’.

That was four weeks ago.

Now, THAT is ‘Sad’.
Not to mention, being ready to throw in the towel AFTER beating the 49ers?? Wow, just bizarre....

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Not to mention, being ready to throw in the towel AFTER beating the 49ers?? Wow, just bizarre....
The poster’s bio says he is from the City of Angels.

This is one reason why Niners’ fans (and a few other teams) have a dominant presence at SoFi. There are some great Rams’ fans in Los Angeles. Just not enough.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Man. We don't win that game without Reeder. He made a MASSIVE stop that ended the 49er drive that resulted in a FG. Without that stop, they likely score a TD and the game is over. Reeder has been serviceable and would love to see him paired with Spheights. 56 on the other hand, is less than a JAG.
Rosenboom hasn’t stepped up much.It’s tough to watch sometimes.Those are 2 SHULA Guys though uto enjoy there effort if not for anything else.

It will be interesting to see what The Rams defense looks like at the end of the season?

I’m not holding my breath for The Rams to get over .500 Then again the schedule has them going 7-6
If Lucky the rest of the season?

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
I was sharpening the pitchfork when it was 21-7 and Purdy was 15/20 with 3 TDs. Defense did stiffen in the second half and play solid. Still little pressure and the secondary is rough!
Also blew a gasket when I saw Hoecht drop in coverage. Same ish, different year. Banking on the young D line coming together and making it a top 20ish D overall. Feels like there are going to be a lot of ups and downs on D this year. Need to emphasize turnovers. That can cover up some of the deficiencies.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just a thought, but could we edit the thread title? Seems like this thread is turning in to a similar one like the "Raheem Morris Discussion" thread