Mike LaFleur hired as new OC

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Jets fans seem to think MLF was good at X's and O's but didn't have great people skills. Kinda like the opposite of many takes here on Morris-- great motivator, but questionable adjustments.

Take it for what it's worth. Jets fans sure are jealous that we have McVay, BTW.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Jets fans seem to think MLF was good at X's and O's but didn't have great people skills. Kinda like the opposite of many takes here on Morris-- great motivator, but questionable adjustments.

Take it for what it's worth. Jets fans sure are jealous that we have McVay, BTW.

I particularly liked this one....

"And what of LaFleur's tendency to not have the right guys on the field, or even suited up to play because he was in pissing matches with them because they dared question his work? None of that has been proven but enough incidents have been discussed to make that seem like a real possibility."

So none of that is proven...'pissing matches because of questioning his work'.....but since it's been discussed enough times on a fan forum, it seems like a real possibility! I think I heard a few discussions about John Wolford being a quality backup because of his mobility. :wow2:

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
LaFleur has the chops to improve the run game that IMO is the focus of the new regime. LaFleur also understands the 49ers, which should obviously aid & assist in those contests. It's time for the Los Angeles Rams of 2023-24 to get physical and they better draft accordingly.
Hope you're right that LaFleur has the chops. Rams aren't really going very far until they can match up with the Niners. That will take at minimum a refurbished oline and an effective running game, coupled with the physicality you prescribe.

Inside knowledge of the Niners very effective power run and short pass game also won't hurt. If you can't beat them hire one of their former coaches. Could be a smart move by McVay.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Jets fans! :laugh2:

1674894470057.png

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
No and he should be interested in the Shitter offensive structure. McVay had a nice run dueling with Shanny in creative run game complement to the pass game (the how's and why's of the run game are the primary difference in the two approaches) but clearly Shanahan's approach has been more effective and more sustainable. So I agree this is beneficial from that angle and might be the primary reason he was targeted as the replacement.

Also along those lines of this conversation here's a good article from 2022 that covered the "duel" between these two offensive minds rather well:

The reason the Rams dominated early on in the “new rivalry” was because the Rams had Todd Gurley, around whom they designed their run and play action game. If he didn’t get a couple big plays each game in the run game, he got them via the pass.

As well as Akers looked down the stretch, I don’t think he scares a defense as much as Gurley did. They HAD to key in on the run. Consequently, the play action was used like surgery on opposing defenses.

Not to take your post or this thread another direction, Merlin, but as much as I would like to see the Rams grab an edge, Center, or CB early in the upcoming draft, I would not be pissed if they used an early pick to draft a bigger version of Akers. That is what the Rams have been sorely lacking vs the 9ers of late. Their defense can be beat by getting them on their heels, chasing us around, not knowing what’s coming. We are more predictable versus them than anybody else—due to circumstances that unfold throughout the game.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

The Jets defense should be better.

A question now that I have is a sort of 2 FOLD as an old Brett Farve Fan & closet Joe Fan except when he was a Ram. Then even Joe M. who IMO was an example of me being a young Draftnik type & had him circled. Loved Marcus & him in KC. Was never a USFL fan,but Ricky Bell & thought Steve Young was good just very expensive in LA. Then in Tampa. Ronnie was always a LEGEND. That Everett pass is still up in the air. How he ever got to that ball being Old & Slow coming from a RCB spot across the field. Anyway off the Mark.

I love History & LOVE BRADY(another Draftnik pick) coming back(F’ his EXwife)(I know the choir would) another season in Tampa.Just wonder about his future?

Aaron Rogers to The Jets with his OC Hackett? Could that be the call. I mean(Testaverda)(Farve) Joe Flacco. I would love it if he went there in NEW YORK. What a Way to Finsh a HOF career!!!

Brady to LAS VEGAS. All those GAMBLING CRYPTO Acts,plus his Golf buddy’s Phil & Tiger.You know what happens in VEGAS!! Still playing for his EX-OC might be cool to see. ADAMS is The Best WR in The NFL IMO. Brady would make that Town Go Wild!!! Every NFL Teams Fans could say GOODBYE to The G.O.A.T.
Could be a classic AFC Season & Championship facing THE RAMS 2023-(24).

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
What happens to Jimmy G? Why didn’t anyone claum(trade) for him.

Now where does he even go & Drew (Hags) Lick.

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Jets defense should be better.

A question now that I have is a sort of 2 FOLD as an old Brett Farve Fan & closet Joe Fan except when he was a Ram. Then even Joe M. who IMO was an example of me being a young Draftnik type & had him circled. Loved Marcus & him in KC. Was never a USFL fan,but Ricky Bell & thought Steve Young was good just very expensive in LA. Then in Tampa. Ronnie was always a LEGEND. That Everett pass is still up in the air. How he ever got to that ball being Old & Slow coming from a RCB spot across the field. Anyway off the Mark.

I love History & LOVE BRADY(another Draftnik pick) coming back(F’ his EXwife)(I know the choir would) another season in Tampa.Just wonder about his future?

Aaron Rogers to The Jets with his OC Hackett? Could that be the call. I mean(Testaverda)(Farve) Joe Flacco. I would love it if he went there in NEW YORK. What a Way to Finsh a HOF career!!!

Brady to LAS VEGAS. All those GAMBLING CRYPTO Acts,plus his Golf buddy’s Phil & Tiger.You know what happens in VEGAS!! Still playing for his EX-OC might be cool to see. ADAMS is The Best WR in The NFL IMO. Brady would make that Town Go Wild!!! Every NFL Teams Fans could say GOODBYE to The G.O.A.T.
Could be a classic AFC Season & Championship facing THE RAMS 2023-(24).
Would take Kupp over Adam’s. Kupp is always there when you need him…in the right spot always.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Would take Kupp over Adam’s. Kupp is always there when you need him…in the right spot always.

Well that’s cool.It was funny in training camp I thought Kupp was injured pretty good.He had a solid start to 2022.
I would say FORSURE Kupp is a more complete WR,if your adding blocking & intangibles.

Kupp might have the better chance of going into the HOF as well. In 2023 IMO Adams will have better numbers than Kupp. Time will tell!
- I hope your right.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Most receptions 2019-2022

Adams 421
Kupp 406
Kelce 404
Diggs 401
T. Hill / K.Allen 375

Kupp's #2 and he missed 8 games this year!!!!!!!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The reason the Rams dominated early on in the “new rivalry” was because the Rams had Todd Gurley, around whom they designed their run and play action game. If he didn’t get a couple big plays each game in the run game, he got them via the pass.

As well as Akers looked down the stretch, I don’t think he scares a defense as much as Gurley did. They HAD to key in on the run. Consequently, the play action was used like surgery on opposing defenses.

Not to take your post or this thread another direction, Merlin, but as much as I would like to see the Rams grab an edge, Center, or CB early in the upcoming draft, I would not be pissed if they used an early pick to draft a bigger version of Akers. That is what the Rams have been sorely lacking vs the 9ers of late. Their defense can be beat by getting them on their heels, chasing us around, not knowing what’s coming. We are more predictable versus them than anybody else—due to circumstances that unfold throughout the game.
Honestly all I care about is take an impact player. Someone who is going to dominate out there. If that is a RB then I am fine with it.

The issue with the RB is that teams like SF find them anywhere in the draft and interchange them. So I think they have done a much better job than we have at ensuring the OL has good quality as well as keeping balance as a key element on the play call sheet. Basically I think you have to build the run game in as a priority from day one of camp and I don't know that McVay has done that post-Gurley.

But I also think you're right in that McVay was spoiled with Gurley. He definitely was. Thing is we're not going to find another back like him where we pick. We can get excellent backs but guys like him, the freaks, they go first round.

So for this season here's hoping we actually prioritize the run as a key element in that offensive build from day one. Not saying they ignore it. But there clearly is a difference in a team like SF who understands they require balance and has a play caller who tries to get to 30 carries in each game vs a guy like McVay who is much more pass game savvy and impatient in his approach.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
What happens to Jimmy G? Why didn’t anyone claum(trade) for him.

Now where does he even go &