Miami Trading #3 to.....SF

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agreed. Not a fan of Tua. In fact QB is what will keep an otherwise fine roster out of the championship round games because they won't be able to get past teams like KC and Buffalo. The disparity at QB is too much. There's that chance Miami builds a generational defense but that's harder to do than finding a QB.

But I'm a big fan of what the Dolphins have been doing since they got Flores. He's one smart dude. He has grounded that franchise IMO.

Overall I agree, however I do think they are currently devoid of talent. Last year was very fluky for them:

They allowed more yards per play than they gained which is odd for a 10 win team

Relied too much on turnovers

Six games against anemic offenses: Jets, Jets, Bengals (no Burrow), Jag and Patriots - they allowed a combined 54 points. In their other 10 games they allowed 28 points per game on average.

All teams play bad offenses but I think it's interesting in their case because they don't have much talent. A lot of overachieving. Plus Belichicks disciples never have sustained success. Doesn't mean he can't, but put this all together and I think Miami is due some regression and probably a 7 win season.

I think they're on the Fisher Rams track right now. That's a good thing because that eventually led us to the point we are now.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Dolphins have two first round picks this year. Two second rounders. Five total picks in the first three rounds. That is going to be a playoff roster this year IMO.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Hard to disagree with that. But he's a special thrower. From his Pro Day today:

View: https://twitter.com/thecheckdown/status/1375510405145972736

I made a half court hook shot with a defender in my face and yet no one had a video camera. Damn it!

Seriously though... I agree that was a hell of a throw with two people on the field, no pressure that he would have been rolling away from, and no defender preventing the receiver from making a massive correction to get to that ball.

The player has to play in the NFL before I anoint him with all pro qualities. So..... Imma gonna have to hope whoever they get is the next Demarcus Russel.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wilson has to go at 2. He has to. If the 9ers get that dude I'm gonna be pissed.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
I think it is crazy early to get all worried about what QB goes where.

Bengals draft Russell Wilson they are still the Bengals.

Way more into this than a QB hitting his mark on a given pro day.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
P

Pfff, yeah, I guess if you like first round picks....

- Les Snead
B0110623-8034-4769-94F5-C205FED67668.jpeg

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe you guys should try to beat Nick Mullens before you start crowing about what you're gonna do to Justin Fields.

The Niners most valuable player against the Rams will be playing in Detroit next year. Now the Niners will actually have to beat us straight up. Not gonna happen.

Tano

Legend
The Niners most valuable player against the Rams will be playing in Detroit next year. Now the Niners will actually have to beat us straight up. Not gonna happen.
Cmon man - I know you were being snide to a SF fan but enough with the Goff put downs.

We know it - you didn't like Goff

These are the type of comments that make me want to defend Goff.

I'm tired of it so please just stop.

Edit - I was going to be sarcastic and say .... Who?? Brockers?

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cmon man - I know you were being snide to a SF fan but enough with the Goff put downs.

We know it - you didn't like Goff

These are the type of comments that make me want to defend Goff.

I'm tired of it so please just stop.

Edit - I was going to be sarcastic and say .... Who?? Brockers?

As far as opinions on Goff go, I can't imagine many people debating that two of his worst games came against the Niners.

And damn for the last time I have no dislike for any Rams player.

It's not a put down at all - just factually what happened.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

that's tough on brockers man.

it was a total defense failure to allow nick mullens to drive the whiners down the field for a field goal twice in the 4th qtr after the rams had taken the lead.

also total defense failure to allow the wrs to continually catch the ball behind the scrimmage line and run for 8 to 12 yards every time. throughout the whole games.

i can't put that all on brockers.

there you go @Tano

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Justin Fields is going to be a terror in that offense.
Justin Fields is going to be a terror in that offense.
I dunno jrry32, who is the last guy from Ohio State to be anything more than mediocre as a NFL starting QB? From Troy Smith to Dwayne Haskins and Jim Krenzel they all just fade away into obscurity.
Here's to Justin Fields failing and eventually be transitioned into a safety of something.

~ArkyRamsFan~

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I dunno jrry32, who is the last guy from Ohio State to be anything more than mediocre as a NFL starting QB? From Troy Smith to Dwayne Haskins and Jim Krenzel they all just fade away into obscurity.
Here's to Justin Fields failing and eventually be transitioned into a safety of something.

~ArkyRamsFan~

That’s only if the 9ers draft him.The history of rookie NFL 1st rd draft picks is failure.At best 50/50.
I saw Fields against Clemson & he was lucky to get through that game without injury. Who knows ? I believe in each player until I see them in a NFL uniform. Then it sort of takes on a life of it’s own.
It takes 2 seasons to get a true grasp. Haskins ? Then that Charger kid from Ohio st. ? Haskin going to the strip club during Covid when The Skins are making a run.Just show like J. Russell the game doesn’t mean that much to them. Sad !!
Sam Darnell in the bar playing spin the bottle.I didn’t like the way he wore his mask. Lack of respect.That’s me though. I still think the talent is there.
Ryan Leaf ? Junior Seau tested his leadership & team values. He failed.Dude was cocky & all about himself.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I love what Miami did. But there is a way that it backfires. If the QB that goes to San Francisco ends up being very good and Tua flames out, then this could be seen as a fail.
True, and to be honest i don't see it with Tua.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

~ArkyRamsFan~

I don't subscribe to this logic. Guys don't bust because they went to X school or played in Y system. I remember people used to say that Air Raid QBs never succeed. So much for that claim. Fields's success or failure won't be because he went to Ohio State.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
^ Tyrell Pryor, Cardelle Jones...just adding to the list. Nothing more. And I just went off memory no google cheating for me.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Dolphins need a QB.
I love what Miami did. But there is a way that it backfires. If the QB that goes to San Francisco ends up being very good and Tua flames out, then this could be seen as a fail.
Agreed. Not a fan of Tua. In fact QB is what will keep an otherwise fine roster out of the championship round games because they won't be able to get past teams like KC and Buffalo. The disparity at QB is too much.

Yeah, I didn‘t watch a ton of Miami, but I don’t see it with Tua either.

He looked like a boy among men out there, like... a player playing 1 level too high. Not sure what I am seeing to say that; other than he looked overmatched and it was beyond experience.

But who knows? It’s early. I would have JUMPED at a QB at #3 if I were them.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yeah, I didn‘t watch a ton of Miami, but I don’t see it with Tua either.

He looked like a boy among men out there, like... a player playing 1 level too high. Not sure what I am seeing to say that; other than he looked overmatched and it was beyond experience.

But who knows? It’s early. I would have JUMPED at a QB at #3 if I were them.

Another suggested that the are storing up picks to trade up for Howell. It could be that they didn’t like the options at 3. Maybe they wouldn’t have traded if they had pick #s 1 or 2.

Here’s another thought. Maybe they have their eye on a guy like Mac Jones or the QB from Stanford even.Flores coached with the Patriots. He could be looking for a guy with a great mind for football, and knows that his lesser physical skills would make him available later.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We did expect the 9ers to find a QB somehow. Personally I preferred lesser options than them choosing one high in this draft but they can still miss on the pick so who knows. And drafting it means this year we are positioned to run the table provided they finish this roster.

Either way this means the Rams need to ensure that pass rush is elite. They need to find an OLB in this draft who can set a good edge who hopefully has a chance to be a blindside guy. Then worst case that edge is part of our rotation with Lewis and we will have enough pieces in that group to keep them fresh and high intensity. There are numerous options that project to our 57 range across the different mocks out there.