Miami Trading #3 to.....SF

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wouldn't shut the book on Tua yet. He's a great pure thrower. It takes time for some guys to adapt to the NFL.
Totally agree here. I dont understand folks being down on him. All things considered, he had a really good rookie year, 9 starts, 6-3 record, 14 total td vs only 6 turnovers, 87 QB rating. This of course all coming after his off season of rehab on that hip. He probably looked his worst ironically against the Rams, which was a really unfair spot, but sure builds character. I think people get carried away with guys like Burrow and Herbert putting up fancy numbers while losing games week in and out

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not one to get all fired up about a player from highlight reels, or from scripted workouts without pads, but I watched this kid's pro-day and my lord did this kid make some impressive throws. The throw he makes at the 24:30 mark is absolutely insane

View: https://youtu.be/IjnSvjTKSB0

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm not one to get all fired up about a player from highlight reels, or from scripted workouts without pads, but I watched this kid's pro-day and my lord did this kid make some impressive throws. The throw he makes at the 24:30 mark is absolutely insane

View: https://youtu.be/IjnSvjTKSB0

Yeah man. He has to go 2 lol.

Tano

Legend
Totally agree here. I dont understand folks being down on him. All things considered, he had a really good rookie year, 9 starts, 6-3 record, 14 total td vs only 6 turnovers, 87 QB rating. This of course all coming after his off season of rehab on that hip. He probably looked his worst ironically against the Rams, which was a really unfair spot, but sure builds character. I think people get carried away with guys like Burrow and Herbert putting up fancy numbers while losing games week in and out
I don't know. I haven't been that impressed with him. Maybe he will do better.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Wow. Shanny being there is a bit of a tell but being at three they don't need to sweat it.

Or maybe Fields is the choice, and seeing Jones is doing due dilligence?

No need to worry about telegraphing anything, at pick #3 in this draft... so, maybe they are interested in Jones? I would be attending the workout of my chosen guy.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Or maybe Fields is the choice, and seeing Jones is doing due dilligence?

No need to worry about telegraphing anything, at pick #3 in this draft... so, maybe they are interested in Jones? I would be attending the workout of my chosen guy.
Honestly CGI I don't think it's "maybe." I think they are definitely interested in Jones. They don't care who knows it because now that they pick at 3 overall they have their choice of these guys.

Actually I have to give them some grudging respect here on focusing on him and doing real diligence on him. Everyone will laugh at them if they take him. But hitting on the guy you want is all that matters. If they take him and hit they'll have a much more consistent QB than they had with JG. He's smart, he is very good at avoiding mistakes, and he has enough arm to make all the throws. You can go a long way with a guy like that at QB in this league.

Shuie3225

Starter
Honestly CGI I don't think it's "maybe." I think they are definitely interested in Jones. They don't care who knows it because now that they pick at 3 overall they have their choice of these guys.

Actually I have to give them some grudging respect here on focusing on him and doing real diligence on him. Everyone will laugh at them if they take him. But hitting on the guy you want is all that matters. If they take him and hit they'll have a much more consistent QB than they had with JG. He's smart, he is very good at avoiding mistakes, and he has enough arm to make all the throws. You can go a long way with a guy like that at QB in this league.

Jaylen Waddle, Devonta Smith, and Najee Harris were all recently asked in interviews on the Pat McAfee show I think - which QB they liked more and which would be a better pro... Tua or Mack Jones? All three of them played with both and all three said Jones. So he's definitely got the respect of some super talented 1st rounder teammates.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Dolphins took Tua at #5, Chargers took Herbert #6.

Imagine this conversation if Miami had Herbert right now. They would be so stacked.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Imagine this conversation if Miami had Herbert right now. They would be so stacked.
Imagine if the Chargers were left with Tua? They would have already moved to London....

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Imagine if the Chargers were left with Tua? They would have already moved to London....

what ?? To play against the Arsenal ??

Can’t wait for Workd Cup in LA. Thanks Stan!! I mean Kevin Demoff. He

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Oh - yeah !!

Just to wipe my butt hurt. Please don’t anyone take it the wrong way!!

IF there is Anything WRONG with me is I’m to much of A RAMS FAN!!

I hope this is not to soon though.

well - I guess after all. Some things are better unsaid & hopefully will make me a bettter RAM FAN!!

GO RAMS. & cheers to all the crazy Ram Fans that are out there.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor

That's a really good example there. (y)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
3. Justin Fields - Superb athlete and thrower. Slow processor.
In today's NFL I don't know that slow processing types can survive. Haven't crunched his film at all so not making any judgment on the guy other than to say that means development time which works against taking him early.

Is his upside enough on off sched plays to counter that? Not sure but I'm surprised you rank him that high with that trait. Not knocking you btw. We all have our quirks when we look at film. But that particular trait meh.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
C'mon 49ers, fuck the pick up and choose Jones please :LOL:

I was snooping a 49’er forum earlier and their were two reactions to that going on;

A fair % of them were pissed at the Jones rumors, want Fields.

A lesser % of them were rationalizing Jones at QB.

All I keep thinking was how the excitement from the trade is now torture for them until draft day. So sad. :D

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Jones was a more accurate thrower last season then Burrow was. Or Lawrence for that matter. Jones certainly has ability. Now, personally, I'd be more afraid of facing Fields for the next 10 years, but, that based on a supreme athletic ability on top of his throwing ability. I hope they take Jones but it may still end up haunting us.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In today's NFL I don't know that slow processing types can survive. Haven't crunched his film at all so not making any judgment on the guy other than to say that means development time which works against taking him early.

Is his upside enough on off sched plays to counter that? Not sure but I'm surprised you rank him that high with that trait. Not knocking you btw. We all have our quirks when we look at film. But that particular trait meh.

When you're 6'2" 220 with 4.4 wheels, it's less of an issue than it is for a pocket passer QB. He's still young, and I think he'll get stronger as he goes. This is a kid who was a better athlete than everybody on the field for almost his entire life. I think he can adapt in the NFL. But yes, it's a risk. Still, the rest of the skillset is quite strong. The other guys behind him all have major flaws themselves.