MEDIA FALLOUT: Rams run all over the Cowboys

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rainram

Starter
I’ve heard analysts and others mention that “in the grasp call.” I’ll agree it was a bad call. However, anyone who watches that play again will realize that Aaron Donald would have crushed Dak anyway if they hadn’t stopped it. It was a 3rd and 7 play and they weren’t getting points out of that drive regardless. Not a great call but not a game changer.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I’ve heard analysts and others mention that “in the grasp call.” I’ll agree it was a bad call.
It was a good call. It actually should've been a penalty but they probably just called it dead in an attempt to protect the QB.

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/2018-nfl-rulebook/#rule12

ARTICLE 4. OTHER PROHIBITED ACTS
No offensive player may:

1. pull a runner in any direction at any time
  2. use interlocking interference, by grasping a teammate or by using his hands or arms to encircle the body of a teammate
  3. trip an opponent
  4. push or throw his body against a teammate to aid him in an attempt to obstruct an opponent or to recover a loose ball.

Last edited:

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
There are over emotional fans that kept their crap together better than Skip.

Skip just needs a good, cleansing cry and a bowl of soup...maybe a nice Creamy Tomato Bisque with a sprinkling of garlic croutons...

For some reason this made me lol... good job, you earned the hahaha rating.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Has anyone bothered mentioning that AD was closing in on Dak after the phantom sack, imo, Dak caught a break they blew the play dead

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
I’ve heard analysts and others mention that “in the grasp call.” I’ll agree it was a bad call. However, anyone who watches that play again will realize that Aaron Donald would have crushed Dak anyway if they hadn’t stopped it. It was a 3rd and 7 play and they weren’t getting points out of that drive regardless. Not a great call but not a game changer.

it was more a very odd play that I've never seen in my, ahem, many years of watching. Who the hell grabs their own quarterback around the waist in that position as if to say "stop the play, he's had enough, we concede this one." It confused the refs and the Rams D for a few seconds before Dak was let go. Let the Cowgirl fans use this as an excuse for ref calls though they'd be wrong. Don't grab your QB like that next time, bozo! Bottom line is, the Rams fearsome rush on the play caused all of that confusion.

About the call on the field, basically the rule states:

No offensive player may: (a) pull a runner in any direction at any time (b) use interlocking interference, by grasping a teammate or by using his hands or arms to encircle the body of a teammate.

Should've been a 10 yard penalty and replay the down.

BTW twitter was having some fun with the still photo of that play... pretty hilarious! If Cowgirl fans cry about the play call, present the photo and laugh at them! About as embarassing as a butt fumble.

jNRh8si.jpg

cIX7SBo.jpg

fearsomefour

Legend
I think Peters had better start paying more attention to his job and stop talking.
I have never in my history as a Rams fan been more disappointed in a FA/trade than Peters.
I think talking is his game.
That's all he can do week in and week out.
I am hoping against hope he proves me wrong and can step up and play high caliber ball for two games.
From all appearances he is a mental deficent that is not capable of being a reliable piece.
Would rather have Hill is his spot at this point.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

jacktheripper85

Starter
Thanks. I was actually wondering about that.

Interesting though also:

Assisting runner 12-1-4

Isn't that exactly what we have been constantly seeing when the O-linemen get behind a runner and push him forward?

You can push him but you can’t grasp and pull him.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame

Interesting though also:

Assisting runner 12-1-4

Isn't that exactly what we have been constantly seeing when the O-linemen get behind a runner and push him forward?

For some reason pushing is acceptable. Maybe the fine line between pushing and running/bumping into to cause momentum is not to be confused with any other form of assisting, lord knows there are enought gray areas.

For the assisting it's more like pulling, so basically a bump from the back is okay. Or a series of pushes, like that scrum we had in game 1 vs the Raiders.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
You can push him but you can’t grasp and pull him.
I get that is how they are looking at it but you could also argue that assisting is just that - assisting. Pushing a runner forward - to me - seems very much like an assist.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I have never in my history as a Rams fan been more disappointed in a FA/trade than Peters.

Agreed. We've had so many free agents crash and burn with us in so many bad years, but getting a guy in here who doesn't fit the team ideal of We Not Me, and who no longer has the skills to compensate for his lack of core values, it's just really hard to stomach.

My dislike for the guy is profound. He's not going to grow up, he's not going to ever realize he's the problem. All I can say is I hope that his hatred for Asshole Face leads to him producing a great game, because at this point I have to think the Rams have made it to the final four in spite of him.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame

shovelpass

Hall of Fame

Interesting though also:

Assisting runner 12-1-4

It is and after a brief search I've found out that it is legal. It's some weird gray rule/non-rule.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1832218-ten-rules-that-are-haunting-the-nfl#slide0

A.R. 12.2 Second and goal on B2. Runner A1 gets to the line of scrimmage and is stopped but A2, who is behind him, pushes him from behind and shoves him over the goal line.

Ruling: Touchdown.

nighttrain

Legend

Interesting though also:

Assisting runner 12-1-4

pushing the runner from behind is not holing him up in an embrace, totally different.

train

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
The lineman heard someone yell that dak was choking and took it literally.