McVay’s future as Rams HC

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I think a lot of pundits mention money and gigs but not mentioned enough is that he and his wife want to start a family like legit. Also from the perspective of losing his grandfather probably just helped him see some stuff more clear and maybe he wants to pass some of that stuff from gramps down sooner rather than later. Yes if he times it right like in 2-3 months maybe his wife could give birth in the next off-season but we all know it doesn't always go that way and coaching consumes a guy like mcvay so how would being a new dad mix with coaching not sure mcvays personality is made for that.

It will be interesting and selfishly I hope he stays but I'd also understand if he left. Also if he does leave he is made for LA anyone think he wouldn't be back with the rams????

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Also could explain why Denver is moving at warp speed for Grinch face inevitably though he is smart enough to wait for the opportunity he wants. I know he is an excellent coach but I so dislike him and it would be painful to see him on our sidelines.

Lastly I think Snead knows this is LA if mcvay does go it has to be a splash move for a coach like Grinch or someone we aren't thinking of. I don't think it would be Olson.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not worried. I've tuned out most of this noise....

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Don
We are going to end up with Sean Paytonn aren’t we? :sick2:
As unpopular as it is if McVay goes that would be a very likely target I would think. Like him or not he is a very good coach

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
We are going to end up with Sean Paytonn aren’t we? :sick2:
We would have to trade with the 'Aints to get him. The rumor is the starting price is a 1st rounder. No way in hell do I give that for him. ZERO. If we ever do get to draft in the 1st, I'm not giving that up for a coach.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I know that Asshole Face is considered a very good coach but I just don’t like the guy.

It would be VERY difficult for me to root for Asshole Face.

Turducken

Starter
I would hate to lose McVay now but I didn't expect him to coach past 2025. I would be even more concerned about what his leaving signals about his belief in the team's prospects of putting together another championship run in the next two seasons.

SinCityRam

UDFA
I’m in the camp of if we lose McVay, I want Payton. Like him or hate him, he knows how to win and did it for many years in NO. What’s the alternative? Raheem? I can’t take another stretch like we had from 2004-2016 when we were a constant JOKE and had losing season after losing season…

Liberator

Pro Bowler
If we have to trade a first for Payton, what will we get when McVay inevitably wants to come back to coaching?

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd trade for Payton if I had to. I still don't see Mcvay leaving so soon after an extension.

Liberator

Pro Bowler
I'd trade for Payton if I had to. I still don't see Mcvay leaving so soon after an extension.

Burnout is a very real thing and if he isn't working at his best I can see him walking away for sure. Hopefully he takes some time off and recharges, but that doesn't always work.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
I’m in the camp of if we lose McVay, I want Payton. Like him or hate him, he knows how to win and did it for many years in NO. What’s the alternative? Raheem? I can’t take another stretch like we had from 2004-2016 when we were a constant JOKE and had losing season after losing season…
You absolutely have NAILED it!!! I did a quick look around the league and figured that there's only about 8 or 9 HCs that I would consider worthy of the Rams job. And Asshole Face is right up there with anyone else in this league.
Too many around here forget the abysmal years of Linehan, Spags and Jeff Fisher football. Ain't no way I'm going back to that slop.

~ArkyRamsFan~

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Payton is going for a first because he's still under contract with NO.

My understanding is that we would only be able to trade his rights through 2026, we would get nothing if he came back after that.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Screw Payton!

If McVay leaves go with one of the up and coming coordinators or established coordinators with head caoch experience.

Demico Ryans, Eviro or Leslie Frazier. Hell why not Thomas Brown?

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Burnout is a very real thing and if he isn't working at his best I can see him walking away for sure. Hopefully he takes some time off and recharges, but that doesn't always work.
Yeah I'm burned out at work myself. But it's hard to see him signing an extension with the idea of finishing in 2025 only to hang it up 2 full years prematurely.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm seriously going to cry if McVay leaves. I mean, I understand wanting to spend time with his family, but we finally had a great coach, a Super Bowl winning coach, and he leaves after the first bad season? It would break my fucking heart.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am glad we didn't trade away more draft capital for a quick fix earlier in the year. Say McVay quits, Baker leaves and Stafford retires, pretty fucked up situation.

SinCityRam

UDFA
Screw Payton!

If McVay leaves go with one of the up and coming coordinators or established coordinators with head caoch experience.

Demico Ryans, Eviro or Leslie Frazier. Hell why not Thomas Brown?
Demico does have that 9er defense looking fierce, same goes for Eviro with the Broncos D. Brown has been under McV many years also so who knows? A lot to think about for Kroenke and the Rams brass. This entire situation just sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.