Matt Stafford Traded to Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jap

Legend
I’ll say this.

Now that Holmes/Agnew are running things in Lions FO we will see a dramatic uptick in talent eval personnel decisions.

Coaching hires look promising as well. Just sayin’...

So the NFL's two most losingest teams of the '90's (i.e., the Horns and the Lions) are rising together?

btfd16

Rookie
Hey guys how bout that Matt Stafford huh? He's nice

Edit: This was posted during the Civil War of 2-23. May they RIP in peace from this thread.

Last edited:

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Now this is a cringe-worthy post, @FrantikRam ;)

Seems like there are quite a few people that are still upset by the trade - so, sort of seems like an accurate post? Unless some Rams fans wouldn't be happy if the Rams won the Super Bowl, which I doubt.

If you look up what an apologist is (someone who offers an argument in defense of something controversial), calling posters who defend(ed) Goff are Goff apologists, by definition.

And it was in a thread about Stafford where many have discussed both Goff and Stafford, so it was relevant to the topic too.

FWIW, I've always been a Troy Hill apologist, so I've never found that term/phrase offensive.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Now this is a cringe-worthy post, @FrantikRam ;)

So right after I responded to this a few minutes ago, I was thinking about it - and I was wrong to call out that post as cringe-worthy - I'd like to apologize for that. I need to get better about not responding to posts right away.

Psycho_X

Legend
So Matt Stafford, Jared Goff, and Sean McVay walk into a bar.

Goff says: "Hey guys, quick, I only have 40 seconds! What direction does the sun rise?"

Stafford: "Just start walking towards Detroit and you'll find out"

Goff: "But what direction does it set?"

Stafford: "You want to tell him?"

McVay: **says nothing cause it's been 25 seconds**

I know lame, just trying to break the tension.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Here’s a little 80’s melody to lighten the mood.

(The Clash)
Now over at the SoFi
Oh, they really pack 'em in
The in crowd say it's cool
To dig this football thing
But as the wind changed direction
And the QB he got fired
The crowd caught a whiff
Of that crazy McVay jiiiiiive!

JRRY DON’T LIKE IT
Goff for Stafford
Goff for Stafford
JRRY DON’T LIKE IT
... he thinks it’s not kosher!
Goff for Stafford
Goff for Stafford
JRRY DON’T LIKE IT
...fundamentally can’t take it!
Goff for Stafford
Goff for Stafford
JRRY DON’T LIKE IT
...you know he really hates it!
Goff for Stafford
Goff for Stafford

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
Goff says: "Hey guys, quick, I only have 40 seconds! What direction does the sun rise?"
Most people know that the Sun "rises in the east and sets in the west". However, most people don't realize that is a generalization. Actually, the Sun only rises due east and sets due west on 2 days of the year -- the spring and fall equinoxes! On other days, the Sun rises either north or south of "due east" and sets north or south of "due west."

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Most people know that the Sun "rises in the east and sets in the west". However, most people don't realize that is a generalization. Actually, the Sun only rises due east and sets due west on 2 days of the year -- the spring and fall equinoxes! On other days, the Sun rises either north or south of "due east" and sets north or south of "due west."
Check out the big brain on Tomas.

56BEEF57-2280-4490-9325-FF4DF4239CBC.jpeg

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
So right after I responded to this a few minutes ago, I was thinking about it - and I was wrong to call out that post as cringe-worthy - I'd like to apologize for that. I need to get better about not responding to posts right away.
:cool:
Oh man, we all sometimes dig into our positions and fortify our defenses on topics like this. It's like the message board version of trench warfare. We've both exchanged enough volleys back and forth on this topic... I'm just trying to say that it's understandable.
On my end, my response was over-the-top defensive and aggressive and I'm not proud...
Anyways, thanks dude.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Seems like there are quite a few people that are still upset by the trade - so, sort of seems like an accurate post? Unless some Rams fans wouldn't be happy if the Rams won the Super Bowl, which I doubt.

If you look up what an apologist is (someone who offers an argument in defense of something controversial), calling posters who defend(ed) Goff are Goff apologists, by definition.

And it was in a thread about Stafford where many have discussed both Goff and Stafford, so it was relevant to the topic too.

FWIW, I've always been a Troy Hill apologist, so I've never found that term/phrase offensive.

Goff doesn't require apologists. He had a pretty damn good record and run with the Rams.

It's too bad that McVay and Goff had a falling out. But McVay needs a reset with his offense and I believe Goff will be better off going forward without McVay.

PARAM

Hall of Fame

And if we're being technical and scientific, the sun doesn't rise AT ALL. The earth spins from West to East (counterclockwise) :biggrin: But of course that fact ruins a lot of poems, stories and songs!!! As well as one tiresome joke.

So.....

The world spun
and we saw the sun
It was a brand new day
Two QBs traded
Some fans felt jaded
In Detroit and in L.A.

Last edited:

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion

(The Clash)
Now over at the SoFi
And the QB he got fired
The crowd caught a whiff

JRRY DON’T LIKE IT
Goff for Stafford
Goff for Stafford
JRRY DON’T LIKE IT
... he thinks it’s not kosher!
Goff for Stafford
Goff for Stafford
JRRY DON’T LIKE IT
...fundamentally can’t take it!
Goff for Stafford
Goff for Stafford
JRRY DON’T LIKE IT
...you know he really hates it!
Goff for Stafford
Goff for Stafford

Outstanding.gif

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

(The Clash)
Now over at the SoFi
And the QB he got fired
The crowd caught a whiff

JRRY DON’T LIKE IT
Goff for Stafford
Goff for Stafford