Matt Stafford Traded to Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I have been all for change but this is to much. Something had to have happened with Goff other than his play. This is way to much. And like I said to uk ram poster Goff is/was worth something this is just a dump. I'm shocked

Deac

Starter
Name
Sean
I like Stafford, I think he can do better for us, but....that's a bunch to give up, however the Rams they did paint themselves in the corner with their rhetoric, so you knew something was coming hell or high water.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well here we go! Two late first and a third, I don't mind. Stafford has a running game now. As long as SF doesn't get Watson, we're in the hunt, imo.
They probably can't now. We just made Watson four firsts at minimum.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
I am having a hard time breathing.

I have always liked Stafford. But oh my lord.

Why do I feel sick.

Not a good day to stop sniffing glue.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I'm telling you guys Goff wasn't putting in the work. You can see it in his game. I'm not saying he's distracted but he's clearly not the same guy he was in mcvays first and second year.
Right when teams figured out mcvay was telling Goff what defense he was looking at before the 15 second mark. Teams changed and made Goff make that call. Obviously he wasn't cutting his play showed me all I needed to see the last two years. You guys might hate the trade but the Rams obviously felt that goff wasn't gonna cut it. And for once I agree w them

Turducken

Starter
Stafford>>>>Goff
Yes, but this was too expensive. The other upside is that we cleared a little salary cap space and we can ditch Stafford painlessly in 2023 if he doesn't work out. Not thrilled about this trade, but it does put us in a more competitive position next season.

RamsCardsJazz

Starter
Stafford is only a slight upgrade over Goff. I am confused by this. If it was for Watson, I’d be ecstatic, but not for Stafford. Goff must have really done something to get on McVay’s shit list.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
If it works, I will be eating some SERIOUS crow on this. And it will be clear I was wrong to ever doubt Mcvay's football knowledge.

If it doesn't work out... I hope to God we see McVay swiftly fired. The dude loves to preach accountability, but yet never has to answer for making the same mistakes over and over and over (stale offensive scheme, awful time out usage, etc.). He also gives me the vibe of a classically hypocritical, fake, power-drunk boss.

This entire organization needs to learn the value of a 1st round pick. I'm fine dealing 1st round picks sometimes. Even many times if you're right on the cusp of being a super bowl favorite. The Rams are not at that level, haven't been since 2018, and won't be until the interior of the offensive line is fixed. Even with a mid-to-late first rounder, you might not get superstar talent, but the value of the pick is the *quality depth it provides on a cheap rookie contract, letting you spend money elsewhere*. This regime seems to think they can win while essentially never having one. It really speaks to the ignorant arrogance McVay's regime has been marked by.

EDIT - McVay the egomaniac is probably convinced we don't need 1st rounders because we'll find stars every year in the middle rounds. Not only is that delusion, it is almost personality-disorder nuts after having just lost some key scouting staff.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Stafford is only a slight upgrade over Goff. I am confused by this. If it was for Watson, I’d be ecstatic, but not for Stafford. Goff must have really done something to get on McVay’s shit list.

My first reaction is that McVay has lost it completely. So pissed off at Goff he can't see straight. Fine, trade him, but not this deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.