Matt Stafford Traded to Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bearrister

Rookie
Yeah this was all so quick. The Goff-McVay relationship soured so suddenly. Full speculation mode - I suspect something must’ve happened between the Seahawk and Packer playoff games. I’m sure there had already been some sort of build-up, but something must’ve happened that week that pushed things over the edge. Thus the sudden and swift move to dump Goff - both in terms of throwing him under the bus and trading him so quickly.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Silver on NFL network is so sad it's painful and basically destroying the rams in a professional manner.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Actual pic of me right now
CsSFFdIWIAA58PK.jpg

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Again (in all caps, so that you can see just how utterly pissed I am): FUCK YOU SNEAD, FUCK YOU, MCVAY, FUCK YOU DEMOFF, FUCK EVERYONE INVOLVED IN THIS GIANT ELEPHANTSHIT TRADE!!!

Zodi

Hall of Fame
I'm telling you guys Goff wasn't putting in the work. You can see it in his game. I'm not saying he's distracted but he's clearly not the same guy he was in mcvays first and second year.
Right when teams figured out mcvay was telling Goff what defense he was looking at before the 15 second mark. Teams changed and made Goff make that call. Obviously he wasn't cutting his play showed me all I needed to see the last two years. You guys might hate the trade but the Rams obviously felt that goff wasn't gonna cut it. And for once I agree w them

It had nothing to do with replacing Saffold and Sully with two rookies and a castaway at RG, right? Not to mention Gurley and Cooks being shadows of themselves?

I hope I'm wrong. But I don't think this move will do much, other than get Goff off our books for 2022. Stafford will be a FA, too. And we won't have a first until 2024. Good lord.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Yes, but this was too expensive. The other upside is that we cleared a little salary cap space and we can ditch Stafford painlessly in 2023 if he doesn't work out. Not thrilled about this trade, but it does put us in a more competitive position next season.

HOW???

The only way to fit Stafford under the cap is to really do damage to the fucking roster now.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I am having a hard time breathing.

I have always liked Stafford. But oh my lord.

Why do I feel sick.

Not a good day to stop sniffing glue.
Yeah. This feels weird bro. I can't even make sense of the compensation, much less handing over Goff with it....

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
They gave up two fucking first round picks for a shitty older quarterback. Bullshit, I say, BULLSHIT! I'm done. I'll give my attention this offseason to the St. Louis Cardinals, who actually KNOW what the fuck they're doing!

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
WE just got bent over and stuck to hard, So much for any respect I had for McSnead. It saves future cap money, but at hell of a fucking price. That deal was something you give up for Watson. They must really hate fucking 1rst round draft picks.
We need a new GM.

Status
Not open for further replies.