Marcus Peters

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
IMO Peters outside of the last TD played pretty well. He had pretty good coverage on the day. Brees had all day and put balls where they needed to be. Not sure why they didn’t double Thomas and play man everywhere else. I blame the game plan more than Peters. If he is banged up even more reason to give him help.
When Peters played man on Thomas he got scorched.

Ellard80

Legend
you know how this works, he's not going to admit it since we need him to go out and keep playing. The other teams offense knows he's not 100%. They will continue to attack him. Wade needs to protect him better or we need to sit him and let someone else play. Unfortunately this wont get better till Talib gets back

Did you watch the video? He said he wasn't hurt and got pissed at the question - he said that was like 7 weeks ago...

RamWoodie

Legend
maybe we are babying the defense to much in practice? maybe they need to get tougher? I definitely didn't expect this kind of tackling
Yes! We're seeing to much bad tackling. It can be a focus using the dummies...it doesn't have to be tackling your teammates just work on mindset and form.

RocknRam29

Live, Love, Laugh, & Learn
Ouch.. :rimshot: :snicker:

FB_IMG_1541392070494.jpg

Last edited:

Ellard80

Legend
IMO Peters outside of the last TD played pretty well. He had pretty good coverage on the day. Brees had all day and put balls where they needed to be. Not sure why they didn’t double Thomas and play man everywhere else. I blame the game plan more than Peters. If he is banged up even more reason to give him help.

Uhh not really.. and for the love of god he is not banged up... I think in 2022 people going to be like "but that calf injury from week 2 2018"

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
For peters to be peters jump routes ball hawk gamble etc he needs safety support Joyner has been awful and Johnson has been ok at best. Peters definately off his game but safeties are not helping. That's my take but I'm just a greed angry Rams fan who's week is ruined even though we 8-1 and have a great chance to play in the Super Bowl lol

H.Birdman

UDFA
Name
Harvey
He's the weakest link. I was hoping we would trade for a CB instead of a pass rusher.

Last edited by a moderator:

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
If you can, watch the interview with MP (posted in this thread a couple pages back).

The way he can get pissed off at the drop of a hat has got to be wearing thin on his teammates. If you criticize him, I bet you run the risk of him blowing his top.

When the reporter asked about his injury, he almost lost it.

So glad the Rams haven’t invested in him long term. Just hope he can turn it around when Talib comes back.

Robert

Rookie
I honestly think Peters needs to be cut. Sends a message to the other players. Also Suh has been really quiet and has not made an impact on this defense. But at least he isn’t costing this team points like Peters. I think Kayvon Webster was a much better all-around corner. Heck I would start Robey-Coleman and CB1 and Hill at CB2 until Talib gets back and release Peters in the AM
So a guy that is all pro has a bad half of a season and you want to just cut him? I know the guy has been playing horribly but the same could be said for a lot of defenders. We are not tackling either should we cut all those guys? Hopefully he can come out of this slump and play better in the playoffs when he is covering #2 recievers

fastcat

Pro Bowler
no he didn't have a rep for getting burned 100% of the time. He had a rep for making big plays and giving up big plays. That's what I expected from him. This is just 100% bad. That's why I say he's playing hurt. Then on top of that in a defense that he's not familiar with. Can't wait till Talib gets back

Bro... Ellard80 is right! Peters aint hurt. He ALWAYS had the rep of giving up big plays. Hell, thats how i know who we was a few years ago. My cousin is a die hard chiefs fan and he always complained about peters. Lol i remember in a few games he distinctly said watch Peters give up a big play and i watched it unfold. But he is good for making big plays also. Its just that he hasnt had ANY in about a month or more. All we do is see him getting torched and seemingly picked on by qbs. We are 9 games in and he has like 2ints and 0 fumbles but has been getting beat week in and week out. He probably has givin up 8 tds and uncountable chunk plays when he is on his "island"

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I know I've had some weeks like that where no matter what I did, I just couldn't get right.
Same. Peters made a few plays so not all hope is lost. I think the guy wants to be great and everyone can have a bad year. We need some safety help though. I don’t understand why we don’t just play cover two more.

TexasRam

Legend
It's good of Peters to own up to his mistakes. Stuff does happen in the NFL and CB's do get beat.

But he could help himself a little by not sounding ignorant when he talks. A simple "I got beat but I'm going to come back strong and regroup" would sound better than shit happens.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
He can't lock people down in man coverage. We have no one better and that is the worst thing. Our defense is a joke, I mean we can't cover and don't get much pressure at all.

If we are all being realists, we know this defense won't win a big game against a top QB in the playoffs? There is no way. They have not shown anything close to resembling a good unit.

After 8 weeks of film we will continue to get exposed until we upgrade our personell. Not a championship defense I'm sorry it's just not. There are times when you need to make a play and we can't do it.

Yeah, this defense is definitely not playing at a playoff level, much less championship level. I hope that changes when we get Talib back, but I don't know.....lots of problems on that side of the ball.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Bro... Ellard80 is right! Peters aint hurt. He ALWAYS had the rep of giving up big plays. Hell, thats how i know who we was a few years ago. My cousin is a die hard chiefs fan and he always complained about peters. Lol i remember in a few games he distinctly said watch Peters give up a big play and i watched it unfold. But he is good for making big plays also. Its just that he hasnt had ANY in about a month or more. All we do is see him getting torched and seemingly picked on by qbs. We are 9 games in and he has like 2ints and 0 fumbles but has been getting beat week in and week out. He probably has givin up 8 tds and uncountable chunk plays when he is on his "island"

ok this is the last time I'm going to say this, I don't think Peters is 100% and its effecting his play. If you want to believe that Peters play the last couple of weeks was how he played at KC, go right ahead and believe that. I read those KC boards after the trade and they were not happy. Read them after the Oakland game, see what they said. We can just agree to disagree.