Marcus Peters

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
He isn't injured.. not more than 90% of the rest of the team.

While I won't make excuses for Peters that injirty lags n nags I had the same injury from competing in jujitsu and it took about 8 weeks to fully heal. It truly does mess with your mobility especially your turn and burst which is an important aspect to any CB.
With that said, the coaching staff is to blame. You can't leave a guy out on an island that can't cover effectively and furthermore you can't put a guy on their #1 wr that isn't doing his job.
I think they'll sit him next week behind Shields until the KC game. He needs to get his head back on straight.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
To me it looked like he wasn't ready for the snap. That's not an excuse. You have to be ready. We were playing zone most of the game but when not, he was on their best receiver and simply wasn't up to the task. It really seems to amplify what a loss is Talib. With Talib, I think we play man all game and can play press man. I also think we should have been doubling over the top on Thomas.

What I'm really not liking about watching Peters right now is his apparent attitude after getting burned. I don't know what he's saying but it just looks like an attitude of making excuses. Hope he gets his head straight and starts shutting down his man. He's really difficult to defend for me as a fan right now.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Here's my thing. Unless an injured calf means injured brain then how can we justify the blatantly stoopid plays in key situations? I guess we could say he is used to having the recovery speed to be able to gamble and he just doesn't with his calf at less than 100%...but adjust you know. Adjust to that, learn that with out you're calf being 100% you can't gamble. IDK...if you can explain it to me I would love that. (FYI, that might be hard....i'm not exactly sober :eek:(y))

Peters has been beat on double moves or the last play was a busted coverage where he was shouting about the call.

That says to me that he's having problems redirecting and that speaks to a calf injury more than that he forgot how to play.

Also, without Talib on the field, he may be having more problems adjusting to Wade's D than initially thought and isn't healthy enough to simply ball out using his natural physicality.

Heck, last year, Bobby Wagner looked average most of the season. Guys fighting through injury aren't going to look as good as they do healthy. That's not really a controversial take.

Psycho_X

Legend
What I'm really not liking about watching Peters right now is his apparent attitude after getting burned. I don't know what he's saying but it just looks like an attitude of making excuses. Hope he gets his head straight and starts shutting down his man. He's really difficult to defend for me as a fan right now.

For what its worth...

View: https://twitter.com/LindseyThiry/status/1059247668764008449

View: https://twitter.com/VinnyBonsignore/status/1059246659190841344

dang

Legend
I appreciate Peters admitting he is just plain "getting beat". If he is still hurt and he is just trying to suck it up - then the coaches need to make a decision to let him sit for a couple weeks (perhaps thru the bye week) and come back close to 100%. If its mental - then the coaches need to inject themselves and figure out what's best for the team. Right now - I do not believe letting him continue to get burned is best for the team.

Ellard80

Legend
I appreciate Peters admitting he is just plain "getting beat". If he is still hurt and he is just trying to suck it up - then the coaches need to make a decision to let him sit for a couple weeks (perhaps thru the bye week) and come back close to 100%. If its mental - then the coaches need to inject themselves and figure out what's best for the team. Right now - I do not believe letting him continue to get burned is best for the team.

He isn't hurt... he had a reputation for this before we even got him.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
That TD he gave up had nothing to do with an injured calf. That was just his latest mental error that has cost us a huge play. I have no idea what he was even thinking on that play. For the offense to have fought back and have that happen...

Oh we are on the same page brother...I guess I was just looking for someone to comfort me. Tell me that Peters isn't the worst corner on the team, tell me that he hasn't give up more TD's than mr. Hill. I was grasping at straws. Man......man.....smh

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
At this point I don't care if he's playing hurt, isn't comfortable with the scheme, or is just getting beat, this was the type of game he was brought in for and he failed miserably, again.

If he's hurt, sit him. If not, sit him.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
Peters has been beat on double moves or the last play was a busted coverage where he was shouting about the call.

That says to me that he's having problems redirecting and that speaks to a calf injury more than that he forgot how to play.

Also, without Talib on the field, he may be having more problems adjusting to Wade's D than initially thought and isn't healthy enough to simply ball out using his natural physicality.

Heck, last year, Bobby Wagner looked average most of the season. Guys fighting through injury aren't going to look as good as they do healthy. That's not really a controversial take.

Thanks Mack. I needed that! I'm going to give you a devils advocate though...don't hit the chill button I swear to god :ROFLMAO:

I'm more or less questioning Peter's intelligence. I respect the fact he has great physical talent. However, if he was shouting about the call and could not "redirect" or "recover" due to his calf injury...well to me that screams of the inability to be self aware. I mean how many weeks has it been since the Chargers game? He should have been able to learn that he can't do that shit cause he has lost a step with a less than 100% calf right? It's not like it the first time this has happened. Does he not learn from mistakes? Can he not use simple logic? Is he destined to be a #2 corner? Why is there no safety help for him in particular considering how much evidence we have that he needs it? What the hell am I missing. Please Please whisper sweet nothings in my ear lol I need it. Whatcha got to counter my man?

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wonder if it might be better to put Peters on the #2 WR and put Hill or Shields on the #1 WR with safety help.

I sure thought they would try something . It was like taking candy from a baby .

Ellard80

Legend
He also says "I'm one of the top fucking corners in the league.. and I ain't playing like it."

That top corner status is falling fast bro.