Marcus Peters

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I wonder if it might be better to put Peters on the #2 WR and put Hill or Shields on the #1 WR with safety help.

Agreed that was what I said almost to a tee in the other thread. Right there with you. Can't sit him we need him and it might start that combustible crap late in the season we do not want that.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
IMO Peters outside of the last TD played pretty well. He had pretty good coverage on the day. Brees had all day and put balls where they needed to be. Not sure why they didn’t double Thomas and play man everywhere else. I blame the game plan more than Peters. If he is banged up even more reason to give him help.

Ellard80

Legend
yes no more injury excuse... just silly word of mouth or word of message board stuff that keeps getting repeated.

Straight out of Peters mouth.. he got pissed at the questions - said "that was like 7 weeks ago"

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Thanks Mack. I needed that! I'm going to give you a devils advocate though...don't hit the chill button I swear to god :ROFLMAO:

I'm more or less questioning Peter's intelligence. I respect the fact he has great physical talent. However, if he was shouting about the call and could not "redirect" or "recover" due to his calf injury...well to me that screams of the inability to be self aware. I mean how many weeks has it been since the Chargers game? He should have been able to learn that he can't do that crap cause he has lost a step with a less than 100% calf right? It's not like it the first time this has happened. Does he not learn from mistakes? Can he not use simple logic? Is he destined to be a #2 corner? Why is there no safety help for him in particular considering how much evidence we have that he needs it? What the hell am I missing. Please Please whisper sweet nothings in my ear lol I need it. Whatcha got to counter my man?

Peters is an instinctive player. So no, you don't just take a supreme talent and because of an ankle, learn to play differently than you've played all your life. Almost no NFL players who are athletes at the top of the game do that.

I used the example of Bobby Wagner who we exploited last year in game 15. He's typically a game wrecker, but he just couldn't do it with that leg. Did he stop trying to get that first step to be first into the hole on what he thought was a run play? Nope. And the misdirect that was a wheel route to Gurley was an easy TD.

As McVay and Wade would tell you, it's on them to sit the unhealthy player or work around it and if anything, Wade's giving Peters too much credit and not giving him as much help as he should have with his injury.

As for his intelligence, one of the things Wade talked about was Peters' football IQ. I defer to Wade.

Also, Peters isn't shying away from his responsibility, has said nothing about the last call where he got beat and simply took responsibility.

I think unpacking this defensive performance is far more complicated than most fans want it to be, but it sure as crap isn't just "Peters is bad."

It's part of why I'm just gonna take a mini-vacay from the board since that kind of stuff will set me off and I really don't feel like going through trying to convince people who can't be convinced.

Fine, Peters is dumb as a rock, can't play, and we should just call Ray Donovan ASAP to "handle" this situation....

OR... we could all step down from the ledge.

Ellard80

Legend
Peters is an instinctive player. So no, you don't just take a supreme talent and because of an ankle, learn to play differently than you've played all your life. Almost no NFL players who are athletes at the top of the game do that.

I used the example of Bobby Wagner who we exploited last year in game 15. He's typically a game wrecker, but he just couldn't do it with that leg. Did he stop trying to get that first step to be first into the hole on what he thought was a run play? Nope. And the misdirect that was a wheel route to Gurley was an easy TD.

As McVay and Wade would tell you, it's on them to sit the unhealthy player or work around it and if anything, Wade's giving Peters too much credit and not giving him as much help as he should have with his injury.

As for his intelligence, one of the things Wade talked about was Peters' football IQ. I defer to Wade.

Also, Peters isn't shying away from his responsibility, has said nothing about the last call where he got beat and simply took responsibility.

I think unpacking this defensive performance is far more complicated than most fans want it to be, but it sure as crap isn't just "Peters is bad."

It's part of why I'm just gonna take a mini-vacay from the board since that kind of stuff will set me off and I really don't feel like going through trying to convince people who can't be convinced.

Fine, Peters is dumb as a rock, can't play, and we should just call Ray Donovan ASAP to "handle" this situation....

I'm certainly nowhere near any ledge bro - just need better cornerback play!

Psycho_X

Legend
I wonder if it might be better to put Peters on the #2 WR and put Hill or Shields on the #1 WR with safety help.

WAs hoping we could make it until Talib got back to do that naturally but yeah might be time. Or stop putting him on an island at least with no safety help.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
He isn't hurt... he had a reputation for this before we even got him.
no he didn't have a rep for getting burned 100% of the time. He had a rep for making big plays and giving up big plays. That's what I expected from him. This is just 100% bad. That's why I say he's playing hurt. Then on top of that in a defense that he's not familiar with. Can't wait till Talib gets back

Ellard80

Legend
no he didn't have a rep for getting burned 100% of the time. He had a rep for making big plays and giving up big plays. That's what I expected from him. This is just 100% bad. That's why I say he's playing hurt. Then on top of that in a defense that he's not familiar with. Can't wait till Talib gets back

Just telling ya he aint hurt.. the rest I pretty much agree with so you be preaching to the choir as they say...

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME

Mack, don't take a vacation man, people like you keep me sane on days like this. (y)

I'm not questioning his football smarts. I'm just question why he can't adjust is all. I understand it's hard for a pro athlete to change years of habits...but how many times do you have to be embarrassed deep to learn the lesson? Thats all. I respect the hell out of Peter's for owning it! I really do, Love the guy, hate his play as of late, not his whole body of work. Thats all.

Peter's is a good football player, I've seen enough film to know that. I guess I'm just trying to work out why he is "bad" at the moment. That's all man. Appreciate you giving me a different point of view.

Flint

Pro Bowler
Peters play has been truly awful but I said before the game they better double Thomas.

What is truly dumb is Wade leaving Peters in single man against Thomas all game. As bad as Peters has been this is on Phillips who keeps running Peters out there and has him play man on the other teams best WR.

That’s a good question, if you look at the stats no one else really stood out, of course why should the Saints look elsewhere when it’s working so well, but in a big moment like that somebody else has to beat you. A stop there and you can win the game. If Peters isn’t 100% he shouldn’t try to play like it, how many times the last 2 weeks have we seen Peters leaping in vain at a ball over his head. Thomas was roasting Peters all day and this time there was no help. The 2nd half they were getting pressure on Brees so making him look elsewhere could’ve been the difference.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I'm certainly nowhere near any ledge bro - just need better cornerback play!

Okay.

It's just that from the tenor of all these "critiques", you'd think that we won't win another game unless the D is struck by lightning.

Why is it so hard to realize that the teams over the last few weeks except the 9ers played some of the best football of their careers and only the Saints at home were able to beat us.

We play that same game next week and no way the Saints score 35 in the first half. I don't think they win if we play the next three weeks in a row because they caught lightning in a bottle and that happens.

There are plenty of things to improve upon, but this was the same D that held NO to only 3 points for most of the second half.

And honestly, that OL had the game of their lives today. We aren't likely to have another game against an OL like that.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Mack, don't take a vacation man, people like you keep me sane on days like this. (y)

I'm not questioning his football smarts. I'm just question why he can't adjust is all. I understand it's hard for a pro athlete to change years of habits...but how many times do you have to be embarrassed deep to learn the lesson? Thats all. I respect the hell out of Peter's for owning it! I really do, Love the guy, hate his play as of late, not his whole body of work. Thats all.

Peter's is a good football player, I've seen enough film to know that. I guess I'm just trying to work out why he is "bad" at the moment. That's all man. Appreciate you giving me a different point of view.

Do we know anything?

What if Wade is telling him, "don't change anything. Just stay in the D and do your best" Is that on Peters or Wade or just how the game plays out?

I dunno. Based on the patterns I'm seeing, Peters needs over the top help because he's getting targeted on double moves which he can't defend because of his injury.

But I'm just a fan who can watch a game and I can't ignore that the Saints played maybe the best game they've every played under Payton and it took a last second busted coverage to beat us.

They don't play us like that in LA during the playoffs. And we don't have as many broken tackles, busted coverages and other stuff that we did on D.

Serendipity was against us today.

If I didn't have faith in the D to adjust, I'd say it. I said out loud and often when we were terrible in 2016 and said we'd go to the playoffs last year when most were saying we'd be lucky to have a winning season.

I just think this D has been in flux all season and hasn't really been able to settle in like they did even last year.

However, I think as Fowler gets into the D more and Talib comes back, we'll see this D really tighten up down the stretch and be one of the best once the playoffs start.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
Do we know anything?

What if Wade is telling him, "don't change anything. Just stay in the D and do your best" Is that on Peters or Wade or just how the game plays out?

I dunno. Based on the patterns I'm seeing, Peters needs over the top help because he's getting targeted on double moves which he can't defend because of his injury.

But I'm just a fan who can watch a game and I can't ignore that the Saints played maybe the best game they've every played under Payton and it took a last second busted coverage to beat us.

They don't play us like that in LA during the playoffs. And we don't have as many broken tackles, busted coverages and other stuff that we did on D.

Serendipity was against us today.

If I didn't have faith in the D to adjust, I'd say it. I said out loud and often when we were terrible in 2016 and said we'd go to the playoffs last year when most were saying we'd be lucky to have a winning season.

I just think this D has been in flux all season and hasn't really been able to settle in like they did even last year.

However, I think as Fowler gets into the D more and Talib comes back, we'll see this D really tighten up down the stretch and be one of the best once the playoffs start.

I can live with that. The truth is none of us knows a thing man. I'm just looking for a silver lining. You've provided it. Cheers to you!

RamWoodie

Legend
This I do know...tackling is an art that takes good form and lots of practice. We're *probably* not even talking about Peters if the tackling was what it should be have been...and it needs to be a focus to make this defense better.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Just telling ya he aint hurt.. the rest I pretty much agree with so you be preaching to the choir as they say...
you know how this works, he's not going to admit it since we need him to go out and keep playing. The other teams offense knows he's not 100%. They will continue to attack him. Wade needs to protect him better or we need to sit him and let someone else play. Unfortunately this wont get better till Talib gets back

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
This I do know...tackling is an art that takes good form and lots of practice. We're *probably* not even talking about Peters if the tackling was what it should be have been...and it needs to be a focus to make this defense better.
maybe we are babying the defense to much in practice? maybe they need to get tougher? I definitely didn't expect this kind of tackling

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I don't know what I'm supposed to do with this information.

I have a suggestion...

iu

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Again - just body language and attitude that I don't like seeing. I don't know what he's saying so I have to hope that he is true to this because I think everyone sees he's not playing up to snuff. My hope is that Talib makes the difference I think he will when he returns. The addition on Fowler - I think - will only help in this going forward.

In a rematch with Talib in there, I think we win this game.

Go RAMS!!!

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
IMO Peters outside of the last TD played pretty well. He had pretty good coverage on the day. Brees had all day and put balls where they needed to be. Not sure why they didn’t double Thomas and play man everywhere else. I blame the game plan more than Peters. If he is banged up even more reason to give him help.

I think we put J Johnson on the box constantly to avoid any big gashes from Kamara. Saints offensive line came prepared to deal with our D-line; they certainly won't be next time.