Looking at 2020 uniforms

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I’m nervous. The last thing I thought the Rams would do is mess with the horn.

I guess...

giphy.gif

bluecoconuts

Legend
They're gonna put LAR on ours too because it's "fresh." You watch.

Oh fuck, no, they're going to do the LA logo. I was thinking first "Great, I can see Nike putting 'LA' big on the chest like that" but now I'm thinking that stupid LA logo.

It sounds so stupid and terrible to the point I can't imagine that they would actually go through with it, however with everything else and with how the year has gone so far, I'm going to prepare myself for the worst. Especially after hearing negative rumors about it.

John Johnson did say that Gurley chirped him about the logo, and John Johnson joked "you sure you wanna go there buddy?" in reference to the Falcon's jersey. A second later when asked if he was excited to see the new uniforms he basically said he saw them already, so I'm hoping that means he thinks they're better than Atlanta.. I'm also definitely looking too much into this because this damn stay at home order.

Last edited:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This is why the Buccaneers didn't have creamsicle jerseys with uniform release

The Buccaneers released their new uniforms this week, leaving a lot of fans wondering about the creamsicle color scheme.

Tampa Bay's release showed three variations of their uniform, including an all-white, an all-pewter and a red-and-pewter look. But the throwback uniforms from the '70s, when the Bucs wore an overly orange color scheme, was missing. The absence was even more noticeable on Wednesday when the Falcons' uniform release came with a throwback look.

So how come Atlanta gets a throwback uniform and the Bucs don't? Because the Falcons' new helmet fits with their throwback look, and the Bucs' doesn't. Tampa Bay wants to bring back the creamsicle look, but can't — an orange jersey without the proper helmet would look ridiculous.

The NFL currently has a one-helmet rule that's been in place since 2013. A memo was sent out that explained the reasons why, and it mostly deals with safety concerns.

From the memo:
Our Head, Neck, and Spine Committee, chaired by Drs. Hunt Batjer and Richard Ellenbogen, and the Player Safety Advisory Panel, chaired by John Madden and Ronnie Lott, have recommended that players no longer wear different helmets as part of a “Throwback” or "Third" uniform. Our office supports this change and has reviewed it with the chairman of our Health and Safety ownership committee, Dr. John York, who concurs with this recommendation. We have communicated the change to those teams that are planning to wear throwback uniforms for at least one game this season. Teams may continue to wear throwback uniforms under league guidelines, but players must wear their regular helmets. The outside of the helmet can be modified by removing or replacing decals, as long as it does not affect the integrity of the helmet.
The Bucs' new helmet is a pewter color, which would not fit with the orange-and-white look of the creamsicle uniforms. Putting the old Bucco Bruce logo on top of the pewter helmet would look terrible, so Tampa decided not to release its throwback uniforms as part of the overall reveal.

The good news for Tampa Bay fans however, is the league may revise this rule for 2021. In a March interview with Dan Patrick, Bucs coach Bruce Arians let it slip that the league may get rid of its one-helmet rule, allowing more teams to wear throwback uniforms.

“I think once the helmet rule changes next year, we might have some creamsicles and some throwbacks, which I think are the best uniforms in the league,” Arians said.

ProFootballTalk reached out to an NFL spokesperson, who clarified Arians' statement.

“There will be no change for the 2020 season,” they said. “There are ongoing discussions for a potential change for the 2021 season, but no decisions have been made.”

Considering how much negative feedback there has been regarding the league's one-helmet rule, it seems likely the league would be willing to change it for 2021. If that happens, then you can expect Tampa Bay to launch a new version of its creamsicle throwbacks — with the helmet to mach.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
It's very minimal, but nicely done.

Browns unveil this week, that leaves Rams, Chargers, and Pats.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I feel like we should get ours out asap just in case it gets negative feedback. So another team can distract from us soon after

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
They wanted to do it with the stadium

Did you design that avatar? It is really growing on me.
I'd like to see it with an all white A, or all white horn with an outline around the L.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Colts have had one of the best uniforms for a long time IMO. They do a good job keeping it simple with a strong brand/look. Not surprised their new ones look good.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did you design that avatar? It is really growing on me.
I'd like to see it with an all white A, or all white horn with an outline around the L.
No I stole it from somewhere lol I just really liked it