Longest-tenured Ram Rodger Saffold on upcoming free agency

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Depending on how we want to handle NT, we have all the starters set on this team. Now we need a backup QB and some young guys to develop at:

DL
OL
OL
CB
CB

I expect we will sign a vet QB and then the five positions above will be our first five picks.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We have to deal with what is, and not how we wish it would be. Obviously, they wanted Fowler more than Saffold and they hope Boom can replace the bigger and stronger Rodger Saffold at LG, somehow. I think this is wishful thinking, if so, and hope floats...

Better hit that freakin' weight room, Boom.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If so then an LT/LG combo prospect is sure to be forthcoming earlier than originally thought in this upcoming draft.

Operation OL Retool with the appropriate skills & talented OL'ers that are affordable is a must & remain a high priority.

The loss of your veterans leadership starting LG & Center with the pending retirement of your starting all pro-LT Whitworth & pending Free agency UFA status of starting RG this time next year is one big turn over situation for Goff & Kromer ...all since the 2019 SB game this past February.

I'd say at the very least the Rams need to sign a versatile vet - either one who can play tackle and guard or one who plays guard and center - and draft either a tackle or a guard to accompany the signee. It wouldn't surprise me if they draft a tackle and a guard this year, along with signing somebody fairly inexpensive.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Has to happen as you approach a second contract for a qb. Especially with other contracts like we have.
Oh no, I'm excited about it. If Mcvay and Phillips really like the new guys then I like them too .

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
I can see all 3 of those 2nd year guys starting and I'm fine with it. Get their DT with first pick in draft. Oh, and get cj back and trade for Jordan reed. Have I mentioned Jordan reed?

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
I can see all 3 of those 2nd year guys starting and I'm fine with it. Get their DT with first pick in draft. Oh, and get cj back and trade for Jordan reed. Have I mentioned Jordan reed?
Just once or twice.:cool:

Antonius

Pro Bowler
I’m okay with it. He’s at the tail end of his career. He played great the past two years. But before that he had a tendency to be a bit injury prone. Best of luck to him.

Psycho_X

Legend
That sucks but was expected. It was always going to be Whitworth or Safffold with Noteboom replacing whoever left. Oline is definitely on the mid round list of needs now.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With all these big signings, I'm guessing Joyner and Saffold bring back 4ths. Hopefully Suh breaks the bank and nets the Rams a 3rd.