List of UDFAs that Chose the Best Team in the NFL.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
They are from the Mizzou Pro day, guess he had an invite

Yeah, Central Missouri and Missouri State for sure have players invited to Mizzou's Pro Day.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
Washington Huskies defensive tackle Tuli Letuligasenoa is among the most experienced and productive interior defensive line prospects in the 2024 NFL Draft. A multi-year starter, Letuligasenoa departs Washington with 113 tackles and 17.5 tackles for loss to his name. This past season, Letuligasenoa helped the Huskies program make history by advancing to their first National Championship appearance.

Letuligasenoa recently spoke with The Draft Network for an exclusive interview. Letuligasenoa discussed his experience at the East-West Shrine Game, which NFL teams showed interest in his services, defending the run, batting down passes, and more.

JM: What an incredible season it was for you and the Washington Huskies, having advanced to the program’s first National Championship. How do you reflect on the season?

Tuli Letuligasenoa
: You summed it up nicely. It was a great season for us. It was definitely an amazing experience for me personally. Obviously, I wish the season finished in better fashion, I wish we could have finished it off.

At the end of the day, I just wanted to help leave the Washington Huskies program in better condition than it was in when I first arrived. I firmly believe we did just that.

JM: Absolutely you did. You recently participated in the East-West Shrine Game. What was the overall experience like?

Tuli Letuligasenoa
: It was a great experience. I met with a bunch of NFL scouts. I showcased some of the skills and traits I’ve been working on throughout this pre-draft process. Going up against that talent level was a great opportunity for me.

JM: What do you think you proved to NFL scouts and decision-makers in attendance?

Tuli Letuligasenoa
: I think I proved that I can push the pocket with success. I wanted to show everybody that I’m a three-down defender, somebody that you can leave on the field for third down. Like I said, I can push the pocket and put some pressure on the quarterback.

JM: Did you meet with any NFL teams while participating?

Tuli Letuligasenoa
: I met with a few teams. The Shrine Bowl had scheduled meeting times between teams and the players. They had like two rooms set up. There was one room where we’d meet with all the teams. There was another room where we’d meet one-on-one.

I had some great meetings. The Atlanta Falcons showed me a lot of love. They had some great words to say about me. They stood out to me. I had some great meetings with a few other teams as well. The Baltimore Ravens and Cleveland Browns come to mind.

JM: That’s great. How would you describe your skill set? Self-scout yourself for us.

Tuli Letuligasenoa
: I’m a dominant run defender first and foremost. I take a lot of pride in playing with terrific physicality. I’m a defender that can wreck a play in the backfield at any point in the game. Like I said earlier, I can put pressure on the quarterback in many different ways.

I can pressure the quarterback, or I can get my hands up and swat the ball down. I have a good feel for that. There are other ways I can make a big impact on the game, things that don’t always show up on the box score. That’s what I’m all about.

JM: You said it. You’ve been an outstanding run defender for the Huskies. You depart the program with 17.5 tackles for loss under your belt. What is it about your game that allowed you to get so much backfield penetration?

Tuli Letuligasenoa
: I was responsive to the great coaching I received at Washington. I was always trying to implement the minor details they were coaching into my game. Getting into the backfield was my mission on a snap-by-snap basis.

JM: I wasn’t going to ask you about this initially, but you brought up batting the ball down. You had nine pass breakups at Washington. You did a great job impacting throwing lanes. Is that just through repetition in practice?

Tuli Letuligasenoa
: Yeah, it’s definitely about repetition and knowing when to get your hands up. It's also about understanding the down and distance. If they’re trying to convert a third-and-short, it’s probably going to be a shorter, quicker pass. Those throws are a little closer to going over our heads. I’m always looking to impact those plays.

JM: You had so many incredible teammates at Washington, but I’m going to put you on the spot. If you were going to war tomorrow and could only bring one with you, who would you bring and why?

Tuli Letuligasenoa
: Man, that’s a tough question. There are so many great teammates to choose from. For me, I’d probably say Bralen Trice. He played just outside of me. He’s somebody that brings the correct work ethic to practice every single day. You know what you’re going to get out of him every day. He’s extremely consistent like that. I’d pick Bralen Trice.

JM: He’s a special player. What kinda coach is Alabama getting in Kalen DeBoer?

Tuli Letuligasenoa
: They’re getting a great coach. He’s extremely motivated to be the best. You can see what he achieved at Washington in the short amount of time that he was there. Alabama is getting a great motivator. He wants to win a lot of ball games.

JM: We’ve appreciated your time today. Why should a team use one of their draft picks on Tuli Letuligasenoa in the 2024 NFL Draft?

Tuli Letuligasenoa
: They’re going to get somebody that’s going to come in and work hard every single day. I’m going to do things the right way. I want to compete for snaps immediately. I’m going to keep showcasing my talents while getting better and better in all facets of my game.

I’m looking forward to expanding my role however I can. I want to help the team win however I can.

Tuli Letuligasenoa at 49ers Pro Day​

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v--iA2RENbM

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
Have never seen this before gets smaller every year ... much bigger was frosh than senior.

I mean a consistent loss of size. Prob. a good thing, maybe was roly-poly before

Freshman
6'1" 336 lbs

Redshirt Freshman
6'2" 318 lbs

Sophomore
6'2" 305 lbs

Sophomore
6'2" 300 lbs

Junior
6'1" 307 lbs

Senior
6'1" 292 lbs
2024-04-27_20-09-21.jpg

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Some really interesting UDFA signings. More than I expected. TC gonna be fun. Practice squad super competitive to get on.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
Omar Speights, LB
Dates: 03/27/24
Hand: 09 1/4 Arm: 31 1/4
Wingspan: 75 1/8

Height: 6005
Weight: 225
40 Yrd Dash: 4.65
20 Yrd Dash: 2.62
10 Yrd Dash: 1.58
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 30
Vertical Jump: 31 1/2
Broad Jump: 10'00"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.34
3-Cone Drill: 7.07

40 Time Range: 4.65 Twice/Projected: 4.76/**-.11

Data Scout Notes: 2023: NAC...01-12-23 Transfer from Oregon State...2022: 1stC...PBednarik/PNagurski...2021: HMC...2020: HMC

Omar Speights, LSU, Player News

01/23/23 - ILB Omar Speights, rSr/2024, LSU, 6-1, 225 (DS#23 ILB) + More +

Oregon State inside linebacker Omar Speights is moving to the South as the rising fifth-year senior plans to transfer to LSU, according to multiple media reports. A first-team all-Pac-12 selection in 2022, Speights surprised people when he put his name in the transfer portal a week ago. Speights was thought to be deciding between returning to OSU in 2023 or heading to the NFL draft.
Speights, who played four years at Oregon State and didn't take a redshirt season, has one year of eligibility remaining. Speights led the Beavers with 83 tackles this past season. He was a three-time all-conference pick, and in 2019, landed on several freshman All-America teams. Speights had a decorated four-year career at Oregon State. He has 308 career tackles, which ranks No. 9 all-time at the school. Had Speights remained at OSU in 2023, he had a chance to become the school's all-time leading tackler. - The Oregonian

(DS#23 ILB) rSr/2024 ILB Omar Speights, LSU
News Source: The Oregonian
Share/Comment/External News Feed: Here

12/16/22 - ILB Omar Speights, rSr/2024, LSU, 6-1, 225 (DS#23 ILB) + More +

2022 ALL-PAC-12 CONFERENCE FOOTBALL FIRST TEAM: LB Omar Speights, Jr., Oregon State,...Speights leads Oregon State with 77 tackles and is second with six tackles for loss. Adds one pass breakup and four quarterback hurries. - Oregon State Football

News Source: Oregon State Football

08/01/22 - ILB Omar Speights, rSr/2024, LSU, 6-1, 225 (DS#23 ILB) + More +

2022 PRESEASON BRONKO NAGURSKI TROPHY WATCHLIST: LB Omar Speights, Oregon State,...Speights, a Philadelphia native, has played in 32 career games for the Beavers, starting in 25. He's accumulated 225 tackles with 17 tackles for loss and 5.5 sacks during his career. He was honorable mention All-Pac-12 in 2021 after totaling 89 tackles, with five TFLs, in 13 games. - Oregon State Football

08/01/22 - ILB Omar Speights, rSr/2024, LSU, 6-1, 225 (DS#23 ILB) + More +

2022 PRESEASON CHUCK BEDNARIK AWARD WATCH LIST: Omar Speights, Oregon State, Junior LB,...Speights, who was also named to the Bronko Nagurski Trophy watch list on Tuesday, ended 2021 with 89 tackles, which ranked second on OSU to Avery Roberts and tied for seventh in the Pac-12. He also had five tackles for loss and two interceptions. - Oregon State Football

07/29/22 - ILB Omar Speights, rSr/2024, LSU, 6-1, 225 (DS#23 ILB) + More +

Oregon State linebacker Omar Speights was the lone Beaver to land on the Pac-12?s media preseason football all-conference first team for the 2022 season. Speights, a fourth-year junior, had 89 tackles during the 2021 season, ranking seventh in the Pac-12. The Crescent Valley High graduate has started 25 games during his OSU career. Oregon State put six players on the preseason all-conference second team, two each on offense, defense and special teams. Offensive linemen Joshua Gray and Brandon Kipper were named to the second team offense, while defensive backs Jaydon Grant and Rezjohn Wright were second-team defense selections. The Beavers' second-unit special teams' honorees were punter Luke Loecher and all-purpose Jack Colletto. - The Oregonian

News Source: The Oregonian

12/18/21 - ILB Omar Speights, rSr/2024, LSU, 6-1, 225 (DS#23 ILB) + More +

2021 ALL-PAC-12 HONORABLE MENTION (COACHES): LB Omar Speights, So.,...Speights and Schad are both among the team's leaders in defensive statistics. Speights is second on the team with 80 tackles, adding four tackles for loss and two interceptions. - Oregon State Football

01/02/21 - ILB Omar Speights, rSr/2024, LSU, 6-1, 225 (DS#23 ILB) + More +

2020 ALL-PAC-12 CONFERENCE HONORABLE MENTION: LB Omar Speights, So.,...Speights finished second in the Pac-12's regular season with 63 tackles. The inside linebacker added 4.5 tackles for loss and one sack. A sophomore, he recorded 10 or more tackles three times, including a season-best 13 at Utah. - Oregon State Football

11/04/19 - ILB Omar Speights, rSr/2024, LSU, 6-1, 225 (DS#23 ILB) + More +

NOV 4 PAC-12 FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK: Omar Speights, Fr., ILB, Oregon State (Philadelphia, Penn.),...Led Oregon State with 10 tackles in the 56-38 win over Arizona...Ten tackles ties for a season-best and he added half a sack and a tackle for loss in the win...Received an 80.7 pass rush grade from Pro Football Focus, the third-best mark in the Pac-12...Tallied four pressures and a pass deflection versus the Wildcats. Also nominated: Jaren Mangham, TB, COLO; Mykael Wright, CB/KR, ORE. - Pac-12 Football

News Source: Pac-12 Football

WestCoastRam

Legend
It's gotta be a big negative for an undrafted FA, and potential practice squad guy, to live in LA in an affordable fashion. Rents are probably twice what most cities are.

I am sure when they have multiple offers, that is thought they consider. Granted depth chart really matters, but living expenses is a factor.
I mean... it's expensive cause people want to live here. I assume it's the same for these kids.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
Similar size and role to another former Huskie (Greg Gaines, actually - 6'1", 292 lbs.) Three time L. Wait Rising Defensive Power Player of the Year. Definitely an intriguing addition.
Big Tuli can develop.. good practice squad candidate

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Is anyone else surprised we didn’t bring in the DT, Taylor, from Miami? Or Gabriel Murphy? You would think both would have jumped at being in LA

Looking at our list I am most excited by Speights and Wallace both of who have a solid chance to make the team
I mocked both those guys to us with 6th and 7th round picks so yeah I like them. But with the pick of Jackson I get not going after another edge. The DE we signed as an UDFA I think is more of a hand in the dirt DE at 283 lbs though I don't know much about him tbh.

Same thing goes for Taylor with Davis added to Fiske I get that too. Would have loved both but when you get to UDFA they can choose and it seems they often talk about going to a team they had a good visit with or felt better talking with and then it's also the situation they go to. Taylor may not have wanted to come here with our draft picks this year and last at his position and he may have been offered more money by them since UDFA can be offered varying deals.